• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2014 | OT | !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sch1sm

Sadly I have not bought a single sale game thus far. Just nothing that interests me yet outside of what I already own.

Just Killing Floor and Metal Gear Revengeance here. Both of which were recommended by friends and something I wouldn't have bothered with on my own, at least not at the minute. I wait for the refreshed steam sales near every night and get disappointed and sleep. It's not even like I have a lot of games, either, so it isn't that I have everything I want. Well. Plenty of time left, right? More than a week to go, even.

Tizoc

Hatoful Boyfriend and Castle of Illusion HD are on sale on GMG and both can be had for under $3 each.

Is Killer is Dead more like old, dark, cerebral Suda or like new wacky Suda?

It's wacky and cerebral I guess. It has its dark moments I think...

I really didn't enjoy Lollipop Chainsaw? Is Killer is Dead similar?

Well it's combat is faster despite being simple. Applying the fixes (which are quite easy to implement) make the game run at 60 FPS and run at any res. you want.

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
Anybody know why Euro Truck Sim 2 would run poorly on an i5 3570k and GTX 970? I figure it's just me since I've never seen poor performance mentioned by others.

Nope, I've got that exact same PC specs and ETS 2 runs like a banshee with maxed settings and Nvidia Inspector options cranked way up. I'm on Win7 by the way.

Kriken

Decided to pick up Valiant Hearts, I guess it's worth a try given how much love I've seen for it. Hoping TWD S2 gets a deeper discount today and my pipe dream for today is a 50% off TEW season pass *Crosses fingers*

Tizoc

Decided to pick up Valiant Hearts, I guess it's worth a try given how much love I've seen for it. Hoping TWD S2 gets a deeper discount today and my pipe dream for today is a 50% off TEW season pass *Crosses fingers*

I'll bite on WD S2 for $5.

Typo on the name but it's Shadow Warrior

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Shadow Warriors -- MB-49ACEB5B98571A18 - Taken by ndawgdrake. 34 entrants total.

t1419279596z1.png

Zeeman

Where does TWAU rank among the other Telltale games? I think I'm a bit sick of the "choices that aren't really choices" gameplay, but I'd be willing to make an exception if it's really good.

Panda Rin

Where does TWAU rank among the other Telltale games? I think I'm a bit sick of the "choices that aren't really choices" gameplay, but I'd be willing to make an exception if it's really good.

best of the bunch. I enjoyed it a lot more than TWD. Illusion of choice is still there however.

Haunted

I think with modern Telltale games after TWD Season 1, a huge chunk of your enjoyment depends on whether you like the IP and setting or not.

There are no surprises gameplay-wise, so if you like the comics, I think you're good to go. I personally stopped playing halfway through when the usual mid-season lull hit and I wasn't invested in any of the characters (never read the comics).

Zeeman

best of the bunch. I enjoyed it a lot more than TWD. Illusion of choice is still there however.
I think with modern Telltale games after TWD Season 1, a huge chunk of your enjoyment depends on whether you like the IP and setting or not.

There are no surprises gameplay-wise, so if you like the comics, I think you're good to go. I personally stopped playing halfway through when the usual mid-season lull hit and I wasn't invested in any of the characters (never read the comics).
Yeah, I liked the comics for a long time, although I stopped reading them a number of years back. I think I'll wait for the base price to go down a bit.

_woLf

Thanks for Cities in Motion, anonymous benefactor! Whoever you are :)

Almost store refresh time! Hoping for some good deals today.

PFD

The game has the best atmosphere among Telltale's games. They absolutely nailed the music and art style

Bytes

Is Alien 50% off a good deal?

Here's the way I look at it when buying games on Steam....

Are you going to play it and complete it before the next summer sale? If so, then yes. If not - or if you feel like you could wait about 7 months - just wait and the base price will probably have dropped by the next summer sale, so you save even more money.

hohoXD123

Only played TWAU and both TWD seasons. I'd say it's better than TWD S2 but not as good as S1. And yeah, there aren't really any notable choices. Still really enjoyed it though, definitely recommend it.

Deadstar

The Wolf Amongst Us and Killer is Dead get.

Great deals.

The Wolf Among Us is a MUST buy for anyone who likes adventure games. It's way better than Walking Dead. The characters are more interesting and the action is better. Great game all around. I highly recommend it.

So far I copped Prison Architect and The Wolf Among Us...now just waiting out for a better discount on Dungeon Defenders 2 (a bunch of my colleagues are going to be playing that game).

El Topo

Vampire:Bloodlines on sale. Get it guys, one of the best RPGs of all time. Great dialogue, atmosphere, writing and characters.

Ledhead

Rough day today. Not a single thing I'm interested in...Still holding out for Witcher 2 discount. Also, does anyone think this war of mine will go down past 15%?

Amneisac

This is the first sale where I haven't known immediately if the prices have updated yet. I know people try to defend this thing, but that's some damning evidence right there.

An-Det

Nice to see Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines as a flash sale, so glad that it's pretty consistently on sale now after so many years in limbo. Highly recomended.

Deadbeat

Banned
I refused to buy the orion game since the asshole dev was stealing models from other games and using them in promotional material.

Saiyan-Rox

This is the first sale where I haven't known immediately if the prices have updated yet. I know people try to defend this thing, but that's some damning evidence right there.

the % of discounts this year doesn't seem to be as big as previous winter sales imo.

EDIT: ok I take that back a bit xD they did go down more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom