• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2014 | OT | !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hupsel

I want Grimrock 2 and Kentucky
cry.gif

plc268

This is the first sale where I haven't known immediately if the prices have updated yet. I know people try to defend this thing, but that's some damning evidence right there.

The whole "you already own everything" argument is wrong. The sales just aren't appealing as they used to be, and discounts aren't as deep. I'm surprised I haven't seen anyone with hard numbers comparing this sale to previous sales yet.

Zia

Has Saints Row IV been cheaper than $5? Finished Red Faction Guerrilla and need another stupid open world game to play.

Dynasty Warriors 8 port impressions, anyone?

It's good enough, except for online-play getting pulled.

Also nothing was really done about the textures, so the visuals are crazy inconsistent.
More than worth it for DW fans though. Loads of content and holds 60 fps unlike the console versions.

Durante

How does local coop in Dynasty Warriors 8 work?

Also, lol at this: 189,80€ Add all DLC to Cart
I assume none of it is essential?

_woLf

Is there any realistic chance of the Clickteam Fusion engine going on a deeper sale than the 66% off it is now?

I'm really annoyed that a benchmark program beat it out for community choice :(

How does local coop in Dynasty Warriors 8 work?

Also, lol at this: 189,80€ Add all DLC to Cart
I assume none of it is essential?

Base game is a few trains and tracks, most of the DLC is trains. There are a few tracks that you might consider 'iconic' though... however none of it is essential.

No clue here but I have an i5 3570k and a GTX 970, and the game ran fine when I still had my Radeon 6950, so I'll see if I can fire it up tonight and verify its performance.

Nope, I've got that exact same PC specs and ETS 2 runs like a banshee with maxed settings and Nvidia Inspector options cranked way up. I'm on Win7 by the way.

Thanks guys. I'll google around a bit more. I have no idea what would be causing this. I'm on Windows 8.1 but I imagine it would be more widely known if there were any problems with that.

Wonko_C

I passed on Valkyria Chronicles and MGR Revengeance Dailies because I'm waiting for the games from my wishlist to become Dailies or Flash Sales (KickBeat, Trails in The Sky, Freedom Planet, Child of Light, KOF XIII and Bunny Must Die come ooon), none of them have made it yet.

At this rate I'm going to wait for the last day encore sale to get VK and Revengeance, and I'll probably bite for Freedom Planet, Kickbeat and BMD at their current discount if they don't make Daily.

Is Endless Legend any good?

It's a pretty interesting 4x game. The factions are asymmetrical in their playstyles, there's an interesting quest system, sub-factions to fight and win over for various unique units and empire wide bonuses, the lore is a mash-up of fantasy and the sci-fi of Endless Space and Endless Legend has an interesting concept of having territories that can only have a single city settled in them.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Worst Steam sale in the past 5 years.

So disappointed.

Sch1sm

Wow, the community choice has been straight trash, I'd boycott it if it didn't give me cards.

I literally have no idea what to vote for here. I'm getting less cards than usual considering I haven't spent more than $12.08 so far, and I don't plan on buying a thing today either.

Crzy1

Was hoping ClickTeam Fusion would win the community vote. Would like to play around with it, but even $20 might have been a bit much for me. Still no Lords of the Fallen, either. Underwhelmed with everything on offer, so far, nothing that has really wowed me, but then again I already have a lot of the games on offer in my library.

tmarques

I refused to buy the orion game since the asshole dev was stealing models from other games and using them in promotional material.

I'd never heard of the game, but the idea of increasing its discount from 25% to 50% when the game already costs one frigging dollar is hysterical.

garath

Looks like Dungeon of the Endless is on sale with the Endless series. I've had that on my wishlist for a bit. Is that any good?

That Prison Architect and 3dMark are probably my only purchases so far this entire sale :(

The sales just aren't appealing as they used to be, and discounts aren't as deep. I'm surprised I haven't seen anyone with hard numbers comparing this sale to previous sales yet.

I'd love to see someone do an analysis of the various sales based on the numbers. Would be interesting to see what kind of differences there are between the years and if there's any kind of trend.

Whats the word on Dynasty Warriors 8? Is the game any good? Haven't played a Dynasty Warriors in years and thinking about picking it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom