• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2014 | OT | !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Panda Rin

Looks like Dungeon of the Endless is on sale with the Endless series. I've had that on my wishlist for a bit. Is that any good?

That Prison Architect and 3dMark are probably my only purchases so far this entire sale :(

highly recommend it despite the multiplayer being broken. They'll fix it at some point.

Tizoc

Skullgiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiirls is on sale over at Humble Bundle, get on dat ish peoples, one of the most beautiful 2D fighting games in years. Ranks up there with GG Xrd, SF3, Garou and LB2, to name a few.
Sg.gif

Durante

How does local coop in Dynasty Warriors 8 work?
I'm still curious about this one. Can you play the whole game in coop? What about character progression? I assume it works without issues on two xinput pads?

Not as good as SR3 was, a little boring. I loved SR3, didn't finish 4.
I thought it was more entertaining than SR3 throughout. Probably one of the few open world games of this type that didn't bore me.

BPoole

Nothing again for me today. Considering buying the Outlast Whistleblower DLC, but I never finished Outlast and don't even have it installed at the moment

Hoped the Endless franchise would reach -75% or at least -66% off. Got Endless Legend during last sales at this exact same price, Saints Row 4 aswell.

Will wait until spring sales for a better deal on Dungeon of the Endless then.

Deadstar

Looks like Dungeon of the Endless is on sale with the Endless series. I've had that on my wishlist for a bit. Is that any good?

That Prison Architect and 3dMark are probably my only purchases so far this entire sale :(

Both games are excellent. I bought them when they were on sale a month or so ago. Endless Dungeon is a fun rogue like game with interesting mechanics. Endless Legend is a fun civ type game. I've only played one game of Endless Legend but I enjoyed it. The UI is excellent. It's one of those "one more turn" games.

Not as good as SR3 was, a little boring. I loved SR3, didn't finish 4.

I'll offer the opposite. SR3 got old for me pretty quick because as silly and weird as it was, it still played like another GTA game. SR4 on the other hand was more like Crackdown, and I had a blast playing it.

Chariot

Whats the word on Dynasty Warriors 8? Is the game any good? Haven't played a Dynasty Warriors in years and thinking about picking it up.
I would wait until January for Dynasty Warriors Empires. Other than that: it's a Dynasty Warriors game. If you like those games you like this game. If not, than not.

Durante

I'd love to see someone do an analysis of the various sales based on the numbers. Would be interesting to see what kind of differences there are between the years and if there's any kind of trend.
I'm sad that no one is doing this in an organized statistical manner, because I'm almost certain people are just looking at everything through their personal filter and nothing much has changed concerning the objective "quality" of the sale.

Kriken

Decided to pick up Valiant Hearts, I guess it's worth a try given how much love I've seen for it. Hoping TWD S2 gets a deeper discount today and my pipe dream for today is a 50% off TEW season pass *Crosses fingers*

Well, got one of them... :/

teiresias

Aside from Batman and a few miscellaneous things this sale has been bleh so far. Come the last day I may be forced to spend my wallet balance on the FFXIII games, horror of horrors . . . are they 60fps yet?

I would wait until January for Dynasty Warriors Empires. Other than that: it's a Dynasty Warriors game. If you like those games you like this game. If not, than not.

I thought about waiting for Empires as I know thats soon but its going to be full price isn't it? That 66% off is pretty damn tempting.

gabbo

I'll offer the opposite. SR3 got old for me pretty quick because as silly and weird as it was, it still played like another GTA game. SR4 on the other hand was more like Crackdown, and I had a blast playing it.

I dont know if I'll be able to play another SR if they don't somehow keep some of the mechanics, because it will slow the game down tremendously

Chariot

I thought about waiting for Empires as I know thats soon but its going to be full price isn't it? That 66% off is pretty damn tempting.
You got a point there. If you don't want to wait much longer, then go for it. The game is fun enough - if you like this kind of games of course.

ElFly

does anybody know what happens when you send a steam gift via email

I am sending it to a niece that is facebook only, so I am actually sending to her mother's email

will the game get tied to her mother's email when the niece creates a steam account to redeem it?

garath

highly recommend it despite the multiplayer being broken. They'll fix it at some point.

Both games are excellent. I bought them when they were on sale a month or so ago. Endless Dungeon is a fun rogue like game with interesting mechanics. Endless Legend is a fun civ type game. I've only played one game of Endless Legend but I enjoyed it. The UI is excellent. It's one of those "one more turn" games.

Thanks guys :) I'm 90% sold. Watching a quick let's play and I think I'm throwing it in the cart.

I'm sad that no one is doing this in an organized statistical manner, because I'm almost certain people are just looking at everything through their personal filter and nothing much has changed concerning the objective "quality" of the sale.

My feelings agree w/ this.

Unicorn

As someone who only has 150 games, I'm trying to look pretty objectively. I think the fact is that so many of the "good games" are previous entries - and yes they are going on sale, but they are buried as "hidden dailies." I think that's a large factor. Also, a lot of these games aren't getting the STEEP discounts that we saw in sales 3-5 years ago.

There's a combination of factors into the perspectives of why this sale isn't great, and it is a combination of all of those factors. The sale, for the front-page games, isn't great. But, for people that have missed previous entries, those games are still seeing discounts but requires digging. Although some of those games aren't getting as good as deals as they have previously. Like Morrowind. I've had a non-steam copy for years, but finally wanted to dip in. The lowest price this sale was $6.74 and two years ago in the 2012 Winter Sale it was $4.99.

I also think that maybe steam is banking on the marketplace to cushion the shift in DEEP discounts. The discounts are still steep, but not as steep as previous years; I think the marketplace may be a factor, but I'm not well-versed in the current Steam goings-ons.

codhand

2D sidescrolling action, shoot-any-directioner, with mechanical dragons? accidentally took it out of my wishlist, now i cant find it, does anyone know the game? looks like a batshit Contra?

Picked up ffxiii and Alan wake from the humble store. The final fantasy download is big luckily I have a reasonable connection should be downloaded in an hour. Only waiting on pes 2015

Grief.exe

Picked up ffxiii and Alan wake from the humble store. The final fantasy download is big luckily I have a reasonable connection should be downloaded in an hour. Only waiting on pes 2015

Square included both the English and Japanese videos and audio.

Many perplexing decisions with that port, but why they didn't make that free DLC (see: HD texture packs) is beyond me.

toypop

Dungeon of the Endless is an excellent game, highly recommend.
So is The Escapists, if you don't care early access games.

um that sounds hard and id rather just complain on the internet as another anonymous yelling voice

eot

Banned
I should probably get Vampire, but I suspect I won't play it for a while. This is the good one right?

Chariot

I am interested in FTL: Faster Than Light on the Humble Store.. question is.. does it give a Steam key?
Just hover over the offer and see for yourself what symbols are shown.
I should probably get Vampire, but I suspect I won't play it for a while. This is the good one right?
It is. You just need the community patch, because the devs died during development. But it's a great game all in all.

Chris R

Is the SRIV DLC any good? I liked the base game but don't know much about the DLC.

Or should I just wait for Gat Out of Hell?

Its got good character moments, but like ACIV which was written by the same writer, its overarching plot is extremely basic and video gamey. Go find these five things to do this other thing, with you then doing exactly that. That's basically the plot of Revelations. ACIV was the same thing, "I got to find the observatory" is pretty much the extent of the story. I hope Corey May didn't leave the franchise after 3's reception, because AC 1, 2, and 3 have the best writing and stories in the series.

I kind of agree there but I actually hated ACIV plot. It has the worst AC story (imo) till date. Felt bad because Revelations from the same writer as you noted as well.

Curious_George

Neo Member
Missed the Endless Legend sale a few days back, so I'm glad to grab it again on sale. Also, hard to pass on Mount Your Friends at 1.99. Should be a entertaining next time I have friends over.

FrouFrou

Neo Member
Would anyone recommend Oblivion over Skyrim ? This is my first elder scrolls game and the only thing i'm worried about is the combat in Oblivion being inferior to the one in Skyrim.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom