• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2014 | OT | !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
So I wasn't interested into Tabletop Simulator until I saw the steam workshop. There are a surprising number of board games that have been recreated to just download for free for this thing. I have to wonder how long this lasts before all this shit gets pulled from the workshop.

Even if those games get pulled from the workshop, you can still play them with friends because only the host needs a copy of each workshop item.

And Tabletop Simulator gets a definite recommendation from me. The sense of weight and physical freedom makes this feel like playing board games. I even had fun playing a super simple round of Fallout Monopoly. Earned #17 on my Indie GOTY list so far too.

.hacked

Have walking dead 2 and wolf on my iPad but double dipped to play on my Alienware alpha. Look forward to playing, didn't have the best performance on iPad air.

rickyson1

nothing for me today I guess

kinda want endless legend but don't really wanna pay 17 bucks for it since I wouldn't play it anytime soon anyways

KarmaCow

Got a few questions.

Asking for the new page, is the Crystal Pack for Dungeon of the Endless worth it? I only have Endless Space Gold but I don't really play it anyway.

State of Decay is on sale on GMG, but the Lifeline DLC isn't one sale for some reason. How is that DLC? What about the Breakout DLC?

I logged into a new device at the start of the sale (was prompted with the Steam Guard login code) and it locked out my ability to trade for 7 days. 5 days later, it still says I'm locked out for 7 days. Does it really refresh the lockout each time I start up Chrome or will I be able to trade in 2 days? I only got the Steam Guard prompt the first time.

Anyone else think this sale seems a bit lazy in some ways? The deals themselves are great, but it seems as if everything else hasn't had as much effort as usual put in. Usually there is something to do other than collecting the cards or there are unique rewards for specific games, but this year there's none of that and there is only the badge along with the holiday themed emotes and backgrounds to get. There is also a lack of anything to make the whole page look more interesting, there's a banner at the top but compared to previous years the rest of the page is very bland. Last year had snowflakes on the page and a border around the games, which made the page fit in better with the holiday theme. The sales themselves are nice but to me it seems like it's lacking in everything else compared to the previous sales, it even still says Summer Sale in the URL when you click on the community choice vote.

Steam sales seem very inconsistent with the timings and such, it doesn't really matter but i don't remember the flash sales being every 12 hours last time, they used to be something like every 8 hours - the same with the community votes, i don't remember them being every 24 hours. The same amount of games are going on sale so it doesn't make much difference though.

I'm not saying the sale is bad or something like that, the discounts themselves are nice but to me it seems like it's lacking in everything else compared to the previous Steam sales, it even still says Summer Sale in the URL when you click on the community choice vote.

rickyson1

Anyone else think this sale seems a bit lazy in some ways? The deals themselves are great, but it seems as if everything else hasn't had as much effort as usual put in. Unlike previous years, there is no event with unique rewards for specific games and there is only a badge to collect. There is also a lack of anything to make the whole page look more interesting, there's a banner at the top but compared to previous years the rest of the page is very bland. Last year had snowflakes on the page and a border around the games, which made the page fit in better with the holiday theme. The sales themselves are nice but to me it seems like it's lacking in everything else compared to the previous sales, it even still says Summer Sale in the URL when you click on the community choice vote.

Steam sales seem very inconsistent with the timings and such, it doesn't really matter but i don't remember the flash sales being every 12 hours last time, they used to be something like every 8 hours - the same with the community votes, i don't remember them being every 24 hours. The same amount of games are going on sale so it doesn't make much difference though.

Despite all that it's still a great sale, as usual.

I guess too many people were upset about missing flash deals since they only lasted 8 hours(12 isn't that huge a difference but they last 24 now since the old ones stay on sale for another 12 afterwards)

personally I liked it the way it was but definitely an understandable change on that front

Volimar

So if I buy 400 Days and Walking Dead Season 2, should I expect my Walking Dead saves to work and carry over? Or is it a bit of a crapshoot?

I had no problems with season 1.

400 days is pretty disappointing to be honest. But then, that makes it a good primer for the disappointment of Season 2 as a whole.

Woohoo!! Got an extra discount on Bastion. I was waiting for the daily deal and it appeared. So that's Brothers, Bastion and Hexcells. Not much, but good prices!

NEO0MJ

Anyone have a good gameplay video of Killer is Dead? I want to get a real good feel of the game before pulling the trigger.

I guess too many people were upset about missing flash deals since they only lasted 8 hours(12 isn't that huge a difference but they last 24 now since the old ones stay on sale for another 12 afterwards)

personally I liked it the way it was but definitely an understandable change on that front

I would totally give up some sleep for more flash sales :D

Aaron D.

I would totally give up some sleep for more flash sales :D

Not me.

I appreciate the more relaxed 12 hour cycle. I don't feel like I'm chained my laptop/phone during the holiday break and can enjoy myself more with friends & family.

Besides, there's more product on offer during the 12-hour Flash sales, so you're getting the same number of choices that were prior during the 8-hour time-frame.

Martian

So Gaf, Chivalry: Yay or Nay?

YAY!

FOR AGATHAAAAAAAAAA. Seriously its the most fun I've had these last 2 years in a game.

I also purchased my first game this sale: Company of Heroes 2
on gamersgate
. It's a bit different than its prequel, but I like it,

Now only to buy Walking Dead season 2 and maybe Dragonborn (its stupid that DLC is more expensive than the base game Skyrim)

LuuKyK

Uhm, will the price of Resident Evil Revelaitons ever go down? I mean, its been this price for quite a while, and the game isn't exactly new.

MrFreemanBBQ

Neo Member
I was thinking to buy Far Cry 4, because I liked FC3. The max discount the game will (if) get - is like 10-15%.

Is it worth to buy FC4 with or without a discount, or I should wait 'till like 30-50% (summer sale, probably)?

Clearos

I was thinking to buy Far Cry 4, because I liked FC3. The max discount the game will (if) get - is like 10-15%.

Is it worth to buy FC4 with or without a discount, or I should wait 'till like 30-50% (summer sale, probably)?

I would check the Buy/Sell/Trade thread. I saw a lot of people selling a FC4 code for under 40. Looks like it was a free game code for graphic cards.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member

There's a chance it will get discounted. Assassin's Creed Unity came out just a week earlier and it was up for 33% off a couple of days ago.

MrFreemanBBQ

Neo Member
I would check the Buy/Sell/Trade thread. I saw a lot of people selling a FC4 code for under 40. Looks like it was a free game code for graphic cards.

Well, call me a weirdo, but I want to play it on Steam even with an attached Uplay.

Besides, I have ~$100 on Steam Wallet, so that's why I asked.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
does this mean gabe owns my soul

NUOI2hb.png

MrFreemanBBQ

Neo Member
There's a chance it will get discounted. Assassin's Creed Unity came out just a week earlier and it was up for 33% off a couple of days ago.

I was thinking the same, but I think that the game got 33% off because of bad start, multiple bugs, and other bad stuff.

Haven't been tempted by anything yet (I breathe a sigh of relief every AM when I check). Btw, anyone mind inviting me to the GAF group on Steam? Never joined a group before, not sure how it works.

YAY!

FOR AGATHAAAAAAAAAA. Seriously its the most fun I've had these last 2 years in a game.

I also purchased my first game this sale: Company of Heroes 2
on gamersgate
. It's a bit different than its prequel, but I like it,

Now only to buy Walking Dead season 2 and maybe Dragonborn (its stupid that DLC is more expensive than the base game Skyrim)

It is Yelling Simulator 2000 with axes and swords

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom