• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2014 | OT | !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Will South park drop more? I think it's the only game I'm curious about, but not £24 curious. It was lower on Black Friday I think so maybe it's too soon for another big drop?

Aren't the console versions on for 9.99 right now? Hoping the Steam one will follow suit

Haint

Will South park drop more? I think it's the only game I'm curious about, but not £24 curious. It was lower on Black Friday I think so maybe it's too soon for another big drop?

Not sure about the Steam sale, but IIRC it has been sub $15 USD on Greenman or something before.

XShagrath

Starting up a Tabletop Simulator (US) 4-pack. PM me if interested.

1. XShagrath
2. Woody Invincible
3. cicero
4. cicero

Edit: Full.

Zoolader

Some deals from other places.

Amazon-
Fallout 3 $2.50
Dishonored $5.00
METAL GEAR RISING: REVENGEANCE $7.49
Dead Space 3 $4.00
Dark Souls: Prepare To Die Edition $6.79
Dark Souls 2 $19.99
Enslaved: Odyssey to the West Premium Edition $5.00
Crysis 3 $4.00
Wolfenstein: The New Order $20.40

GMG-
Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons $2.99
Fallout 3 $2.49
Fallout New Vegas $2.49
Darksider's Franchise $8.99
Serious Sam 3: BFE $8.99
Aliens vs Predator $2.99

Gamstop-
Battlefield 4 $4.99
Borderlands 2 $2.99
Mass Effect Trilogy $9.89
Alice: Madness Returns - The Complete Collection $4.99
Dragon Age Origins: Ultimate Edition $4.99
Crysis Trilogy $16.49
Bully: Scholarship Edition $3.74
Mini Ninjas $2.49
Kane & Lynch 2: Dog Days $2.49
Grand Theft Auto IV: Complete Edition $5.99
Max Payne 3 $4.99
Magicka $4.99
BioShock Infinite $7.49
LEGO Batman $7.99

aScaris

Chivalry looks tempting once again.. Is there an active community that you can play with as a beginner? Or is it pretty much dead at this point?

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
GMG-

Fallout 3 $2.49
Fallout New Vegas $2.49
Nice. I picked out F:NV for that price a few weeks ago and I've been enjoying it (despite some reservations and criticism), for that price it's a steal. How does Fallout 3 compare? I hear the writing is weaker (due to Obsidian writing being superior to Bethesda's)?

Edit: wait, on Steam it says:

Notice: This game is excluded from Steam's Family Sharing service.
Notice: Fallout 3 is not optimized for Windows 7 and later

WTF...

I still can't believe I haven't bought anything else, there's literally nothing else and the stuff I want to go on sale for cheap won't go on sale for cheap. D:<

South Park, come on drop to under 10 bucks I know you want to.

I wish I had some extra money on a debit card so I could just go buy it from somewhere else, this 12.31 in my steam wallet is driving me nuts.

Aside from the first day, this sale sucks.

kd-z

Yo, these deals suck. Especially if you live in Poland - 16 euros is about what I paid for Endless Legend two months ago.

I did finally get Hexcells (also Hexcells Plus and Hexcells Infinite) and it is ABSOLUTELY AMAZING. BUY IT, PEOPLE!!!
pretty please?

Teeth

Nice. I picked out F:NV for that price a few weeks ago and I've been enjoying it (despite some reservations and criticism), for that price it's a steal. How does Fallout 3 compare? I hear the writing is weaker (due to Obsidian writing being superior to Bethesda's)?

WTF...

The writing and quest design is weaker, though sme people think the more expansive world makes up for it.

It's very Bethesda, very open, pretty ... what's the word... Empty isn't the right word, but it's the first one that comes to mind.

WTF...

Yeah this turned me off. I was considering it. I have little patience for troubleshooting these days, and as a PC gamer you're already having to do deal with a fair amount of troubleshooting even without being warned about it.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
The writing and quest design is weaker, though sme people think the more expansive world makes up for it.

It's very Bethesda, very open, pretty ... what's the word... Empty isn't the right word, but it's the first one that comes to mind.
Oh boy. If anything I think NV is a little too expansive at times, and that the game could have had less filler and more of a tight focus. I mean it's nice that a quest can have about 20 different ways to be resolved, but not when it means having so many glitches, I'd rather the same quest would have 4-5 different resolutions if it meant more stability and polish, know what I mean?

I also don't care for immense empty worlds whatsoever. I guess I'd enjoy F3 a lot less then... still, it is cheap... But I have Win7 and I couldn't share it with my boyfriend? That does suck.

NoRéN

Yeah this turned me off. I was considering it. I have little patience for troubleshooting these days, and as a PC gamer you're already having to do deal with a fair amount of troubleshooting even without being warned about it.
The fix involves changing a number in a file. Less than 30 seconds of your time.

Hm, I believe both Endless Legend and Dungeon of the Endless were more heavily discounted during the Autumn Sale. I hope EL goes to a daily because I really want to try it.

Teeth

Oh boy. If anything I think NV is a little too expansive at times, and that the game could have had less filler and more of a tight focus. I mean it's nice that a quest can have about 20 different ways to be resolved, but not when it means having so many glitches, I'd rather the same quest would have 4-5 different resolutions if it meant more stability and polish, know what I mean?

I also don't care for immense empty worlds whatsoever. I guess I'd enjoy F3 a lot less then... still, it is cheap... But I have Win7 and I couldn't share it with my boyfriend? That does suck.

I totally agree with you, I prefer density and quality over expanse in almost every respect. Fallout 3 did very little for me, honestly. I will say that I only played it for about 10 hours before just moving on to other games. I've been meaning to go back, but nothing interested me in almost any capacity.

I will also say that it ran fine for me in Win8, including mods and ENB. I patched out Games for Windows Live, and I've heard that can give people issues if they don't.

And I mean "fine" in the Bethesda sense. The game is filled to brim with jank anyways.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Thanks, I think I'll pass. I mean sure it's cheap, but I still have NV and plenty of other games to play, and it'll be cheap again eventually, if I ever really want it, after all.

Ryne

Thanks guys, looks like I will add Dungeon of the Endless to my ever growing backlog!

Hm, I believe both Endless Legend and Dungeon of the Endless were more heavily discounted during the Autumn Sale. I hope EL goes to a daily because I really want to try it.
According to isthereanydeal, this is the cheapest Dungeon of the Endless Pixel Pack has gotten.

Zoolader

WTF...

I'm not the person to ask. I haven't played either game and have been asking which one to get the past few sales.

aku:jiki

Did you get the Crystal pack and if so, was it worth it?
The crystal pack is a bit of a ripoff except for one thing, the included character. He can apparently not be accessed any other way and he's awesome. He's supposedly the best "module operator" in the game and he can give your run a huge boost by increasing your resource income, and I use him all the time so far.

The included ship seems to have been integrated into the base game? I see no mention of it being crystal pack only anywhere, and I still have to unlock it in-game. The character was unlocked from the start.

Man... I didn't really consider myself of the Musuo games for a long time, but recently I've been loving Hyrule Warriors, and have found that I have been enjoying Warriors Orochi 3 Hyper on my Wii U as well....

Is Dynasty Warriors 8 XL complete worth getting while it's on sale?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom