• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2014 | OT | !

Status
Not open for further replies.

m0t0k1

Uhm, will the price of Resident Evil Revelaitons ever go down? I mean, its been this price for quite a while, and the game isn't exactly new.

Capcom likes to use their own special sale periods. They never really invest in holiday sales. But like twice a year there is a week where All capcom games go on sale. And when they do have something on a daily on holidays sale its still better to wait until a Capcom sale happens. I have seen revelations on sale for like 3 times now.

i totally forgot to buy Ground Zeroes, haha. It will probably be back for the last day so I'll wait.

Everything else has been disappointing, I'm waiting for a Ys/TitS sale so I can buy like a million copies.

omg_mjd

does this mean gabe owns my soul

NUOI2hb.png

He had your soul since Games (1)

pahamrick

If anyone needs the Holiday card Blase to craft a badge, send me a trade offer here (you don't need to include anything, obviously)

First one I get will get the OK.

Corpekata

Banned
So best online co op games to buy or wait for the daily deals would be?

Divinity:OS
Rayman legends
Borderlands 2

Anything else?

As far as actual co-op components go I'd favor BL2 over Divinity. Divinity is fantastic but so huge I don't want to fathom the idea of working out a full co-op run. Should get it anyway, but co-op wise I'd only get if I had someone else just as committed to playing it.

Tizoc

So best online co op games to buy or wait for the daily deals would be?

Divinity:OS
Rayman legends
Borderlands 2

Anything else?

I don't think Legends has online co-op?

These games do though IIRC
Typing of the Dead Overkill
Metal sLUG X
Metal Slug 3

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Shovel Knight's #1 platform was Wii U. They are in the golden Nintendo Value™ club. No need to dampen that party by giving people cheaper alternatives (since literally anything can run it), plus devs kinda set the pace for future discounts with their first big one.

So I wasn't interested into Tabletop Simulator until I saw the steam workshop. There are a surprising number of board games that have been recreated to just download for free for this thing. I have to wonder how long this lasts before all this shit gets pulled from the workshop.
*checks* lol so much copyright infringement this is ridiculous

Cth

So I wasn't interested into Tabletop Simulator until I saw the steam workshop. There are a surprising number of board games that have been recreated to just download for free for this thing. I have to wonder how long this lasts before all this shit gets pulled from the workshop.
I said this at launch when I bought it.

It's not a problem at all.

And what Toma said.. there's gaf game nights also.

Highly recommended.

alstein

If anyone's looking for Age of Wonders 3- it's 67% off at Humble Store. Pretty sure it's a Steam key.

The Expansion is not on sale there as all though

So is Endless Legend any good? Looks like a lot of fun.

Fun, but AI is as terrible as Civ V's.

I'd recommend AOW3 (or Sorcerer King if you can stand early access) over EL at this time.

Fun, but AI is as terrible as Civ V's.

I'd recommend AOW3 (or Sorcerer King if you can stand early access) over EL at this time.

Hmm okay thanks. I still have fun with Civ V even with the bad AI (I'm not very good at 4xs but I love playing them). This looked like an interesting twist on the genre.

alstein

Hmm okay thanks. I still have fun with Civ V even with the bad AI (I'm not very good at 4xs but I love playing them). This looked like an interesting twist on the genre.

Sorcerer King is a really interesting twist on the genre, as you're playing directly against one AI who plays by different rules. It's looking really promising.

D3RANG3D

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (D3RANG3D, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Viscera Cleanup Detail: Santa's Rampage -- MB-BD6F8DB64458D5F6 - Taken by fuzzy123

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Will South park drop more? I think it's the only game I'm curious about, but not £24 curious. It was lower on Black Friday I think so maybe it's too soon for another big drop?

Mrbob

Dungeon of the Endless any good? I'm on the fence and it's a daily deal.

It's great. Mixing rogue like with some light tower defense, it's cool. Been playing it a decent amount lately and having a great time. It is tough to be an exact genre down on it because the game doesn't play exactly like anything else. If you want to add me to your friends list I'll probably be playing the game again later tonight and you can watch:

http://steamcommunity.com/id/MrBob/

Make sure to send me a message though you are from GAF, because I don't add randoms if I have no idea who they are. Too many traders who spam.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom