• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2014 | OT | !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anybody know why Euro Truck Sim 2 would run poorly on an i5 3570k and GTX 970? I figure it's just me since I've never seen poor performance mentioned by others.

Just tried out ETS2 (boy oh boy does that game play weirdly if you don't have a wheel!) and performance seemed totally fine. I did notice that it now gives you the option to launch in DirectX or OpenGL, maybe try those instead? I imagine DirectX is the default so try OpenGL first.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Maxwood, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Maxwood, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Half Minute Hero: The Second Coming -- MB-9C829D67544E1FBC - Taken by Blitzhex. 42 entrants total.
To whoever wins, please don't forget to PM your choice for tomorrow's giveaway, see original post at around 3734 in the Steam December II Thread for the rules.

t1419298137z1.png

Evil Within is 15 dollars on nuuvem. Is it worth buying at that price? Heard it runs pretty bad.

I hadn't heard of that site til I looked it up...would that site even still work for most people in the US? aren't games region locked now or something? I don't know the specifics.

KarmaCow

The crystal pack is a bit of a ripoff except for one thing, the included character. He can apparently not be accessed any other way and he's awesome. He's supposedly the best "module operator" in the game and he can give your run a huge boost by increasing your resource income, and I use him all the time so far.

The included ship seems to have been integrated into the base game? I see no mention of it being crystal pack only anywhere, and I still have to unlock it in-game. The character was unlocked from the start.

Hmm I don't like the sound of a bonus character being that much better but I don't want to be at a disadvantage either. Thanks for the info, still got a day to mull it over.

NaviLink

Got a quick question about GreenMan Gaming: I'm currently in France and if I'm not logged in, the prices are in Euros. But if I login, the prices appear in pounds. Which makes stuff more expensive. Any reason this is happening? I have no VPN/proxy, got a french address in my account... Don't understand why it's happening. Thanks.

-MD-

Man, these sales have been kinda weak. 3 days straight without a purchase for me. It's odd.

There's been some good stuff so far.

$6 for Metal Gear Ri... oh you own that

$5 for Outla..... oh you own it too

$4 is a steal for Shadow Warr... darn you own that too

SuVMdPE.png

Guess that's what happens when you participate in a dozen steam sales.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
For real it's hard to find the deals I didn't get yet. On good games, at least. I'm not gonna join those other guys buying bad games just to have more games... I'm not...

Vertti

Can't really recommend Valiant Hearts enough! Played about 3 hours and fell in love. The gameplay may be very basic and the puzzles are pretty simple but everything else is so beautiful. I really like all the WW1 facts they give you.

Can't wait to get Child of Light from sale though it will be for Wii U.

Unai

Holy shit, Shadow Warrior is so good. I'm on chapter 3 and, wow. I can't even remember what was the last shooter that made me fell this way,

Impressive game.

legacyzero

Banned
There's been some good stuff so far.

$6 for Metal Gear Ri... oh you own that

$5 for Outla..... oh you own it too

$4 is a steal for Shadow Warr... darn you own that too

SuVMdPE.png

Guess that's what happens when you participate in a dozen steam sales.

Yep LOL

chores simulator
ModBot said:
Instructions for Widdly Scuds:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Widdly Scuds, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Viscera Cleanup Detail Santa's Rampage -- MB-F718B5F63BDB2234 - Taken by Jables Swan. 1 entrants total.

t1419298499z1.png

Macheezmo

Okay, based on what I'm hearing here, and looking at a couple videos on youtube, I'm gonna jump on Shadow Warrior. I hope it's as fun as it looks.

Yeah this turned me off. I was considering it. I have little patience for troubleshooting these days, and as a PC gamer you're already having to do deal with a fair amount of troubleshooting even without being warned about it.

It worked for me on windows 8.1 after installing the gfwl software. I'm having a blast with the game, and have not had to change anything.

Volotaire

chivalry is great and still have servers full of people

it's what happens when you make a good game and support it

Chilvalry is bloody amazing. An insane amount of fun with people shouting 'FOR THE ORDER' and 'AGATHA', as well as the in depth combat system that puts many other single player games that utilise sword combat to shame.

Blitzhex

I hadn't heard of that site til I looked it up...would that site even still work for most people in the US? aren't games region locked now or something? I don't know the specifics.

works in US?

Yeah it should, otherwise it would say it's region locked to brazil on the webpage, like for metro redux for example. I've bought a few games off there, haven't bought evil within yet though.. gonna buy it later.

grimmiq

Only picked up Valkyria Chronicles, Deadly Premonition and Killer Is Dead so far..all that's left on my wishlist is USFIV, FFXIII/XIII-2 and Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky.

Altima

Dont buy game that I wont play soon.

I have to tell myself that what discount today will discount tomorrow. right ?

I've had a lot of self control during the steam sale so far, but I impulse bought Star Citizen so it doesn't matter.

Applesauce

Boom! Bitch-slapped!
ModBot said:
Instructions for Applesauce:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Applesauce, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
Shadow Warrior -- MB-FA8D41D8C1101EE4 - Taken by Sarcasm. 10 entrants total.

t1419299759z1.png

One of my personal favorites from 2013. Hope whoever wins enjoys it as much as I did!

K' Dash

Can't really recommend Valiant Hearts enough! Played about 3 hours and fell in love. The gameplay may be very basic and the puzzles are pretty simple but everything else is so beautiful. I really like all the WW1 facts they give you.

Can't wait to get Child of Light from sale though it will be for Wii U.

On WiiU is 720p, would recomend on PS4, XBO or PC.

jtb

Banned
How are the endless games? I've played Endless Space a decent amount, how is Endless Legend compared to it? I like ES a lot, but it can feel a bit sterile at times and the end game can get really tedious (though that goes for most 4X games I think; I much more prefer sandbox-y games, like Paradox's games, to playing against opponents, AI or otherwise)

Dambrosi

Banned
That's some hella self-control.

I wish I could say I had that, but I bought Skyrim Legendary Edition for the DLC when I already had the full game. I won't be playing that anytime soon, so...

Shahadan

I have to tell myself that what discount today will discount tomorrow. right ?

I have a huge backlog I'm trying to play at the moment and I managed to control myself and didn't buy anything except for Ethan Carter.

And then people gifted things to me D:

I'm salty as hell that my greenmangaming account didn't work while they had Alien Isolation on sale with the voucher. Could have got it for $20. The idea of spending an extra $5 really offends me for some reason.

Usually I'm the least cheap person I know lol

BasilZero

Is GTA 4 playable?

Last I played was earlier in the year.

It was playable from when I played it - not sure if GFWL broke it or not but I dont think it has.

GTAIV Episodes was a lot more enjoyable than the vanilla but vanilla is longer imo. Better than the console versions (in terms of FPS lol).

Anyways, get the complete collection and enjoy the classics along with it!

Worth it!

JBourne

maybe tomorrow it rains
Still crossing my fingers for a decent discount on Divinity: Original Sin. I own it, but my best friend doesn't. Gotta fix that.

Unicorn

Still crossing my fingers for a decent discount on Divinity: Original Sin. I own it, but my best friend doesn't. Gotta fix that.

I think this is one of the last things I'm really looking for this sale. I'm surprised by the amount of impulse buying I've been doing this sale.

D3RANG3D

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Desura key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (D3RANG3D, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Plazma Being -- MB-0C4E73BCD33774E7 - Taken by Benedict

JBourne

maybe tomorrow it rains
I think this is one of the last things I'm really looking for this sale. I'm surprised by the amount of impulse buying I've been doing this sale.

I've been holding off on any purchases in favor of getting Divinity. It's a great game, but I really prefer playing it co-op. By gifting it to a (currently unemployed) friend, I'll both make someone happy on Christmas and give myself someone to play with. Everyone wins.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom