• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2014 | OT | !

Status
Not open for further replies.

NEO0MJ

I'm interested in picking Aliens up from steam, but I'm worried the gameplay would be similar to Outlast, which I didn't enjoy much. Can anyone give me a good comparison between the two?

This seems to be the sale of everything being slightly more expensive than when they last went on sale. It's almost as if the prices have gone up due to inflation.

I guess it's not such abad thing though as my bank account hasn't taken a single hit from steam, excluding MGS ground zeros from nuuvem. And thanks to my one year old my backlog ( library ) hasn't budged either.

$21 for DW8 and Shadow Warrior? YES PLZ.

I truly feel dirty paying that much for two whole games...but I need my Dynasty Warriors on PC. It will be delicious.

Edit: I am hesitating on pulling the trigger and buying Deadly Premonition due to the staggering amount of people who experience a lot of bugs with the game...but I really wanna play it. To those who have it and have played it on PC, is the experience worth it despite the boat load of bugs it suffers from?

P.S. I'm not a graphics whore, so the look of the game is something I honestly couldn't care less about . I'm a lot more interested in the ride and how well it controls with keyboard + mouse.

Have usd40 in my steam wallet. Wanting to snag SF x tekken. Sadly its rarely on sale. And rarely deep sale.

Should I abandon hope on it and snag the following I have yet to play?

Walking dead s02
Wolf among us
Saints row 4 complete collection thingy

God. I bought Valkyria Chronicles, but I can't stop playing Fallout New Vegas.

I think I'll manage to get all the missing achievements this run.

vocab

What's the goto ps3 drivers these days. Motionjoy sucks. Better ps3 or this xinput wrapper? Last time I tried xinput wrapper with the 360 drivers, it just didn't work.

Ark

Dammit, can't buy trails because it will demolish my budget. I will wait for the next sale to pick it up... >.<

I truly admire people that can stick to a budget during these sales. I'm just buying everything without too much thought, I'll assess the damage later.

I've picked up 3DMark, Endless Legend, and Trials in the Sky from today's deals. Now I'm just waiting for Lords of the Fallen, Shadow of Mordor, and Tales from the Borderlands to go on sale and I'll pretty much have everything I wanted save for a few I've decided to leave for later sale.

vazel

Banned
I truly admire people that can stick to a budget during these sales. I'm just buying everything without too much thought, I'll assess the damage later.
I added $50 to my Steam account for this sale and I only have $2.71 left. :(

Ark

Haha, I know that feeling all too well. Doesn't help that most of the best game releases this year have been pretty recent, so even a 50% discount leaves it at £15.99.

Shantom

oh man this is great ima call it TITS from now on didnt even realize man
Some trivia for you: in Europe, Ghostlight were the publisher for Trails, and they happened to be releasing Persona 2: Innocent Sin at the same time, so they created a bundle of those two games which was promoted on twitter by the fantastic #sinwithtits. :)

This might be off topic but I can't think where else to ask. I was just reminded when seeing Valkyria Chronicles in the sale a few days back, how GAF started a petition to get it on Steam. Anyway, was just wondering is there a movement to get Bayonetta and Skies of Arcadia on Steam as well as other SEGA games?

I ended up with 60usd in my wallet after selling off every tf2 item I could in the market. And I've got 40 left... I've only spent 60 each Summer and winter sale and it takes a few to learn patience.

Hang in there. We in this together.

vazel

Banned
This might be off topic but I can't think where else to ask. I was just reminded when seeing Valkyria Chronicles in the sale a few days back, how GAF started a petition to get it on Steam. Anyway, was just wondering is there a movement to get Bayonetta and Skies of Arcadia on Steam as well as other SEGA games?
I'm hoping Sega continues porting their Dreamcast games but then again it's been two years since the last one(Jet Set Radio).

Can anyone sell me on Dungeon of the Endless?

It's hard to quantify in small words, but here goes.

It's a tower defense/roguelite RPG hybrid with a plethora of unlockable characters.
You begin by picking what type of pod you start out in, which are unlockable as time goes on. You start out with one that gives you extra speed.

You can only bring two characters at a time, and you can find two more to bring your party to four (you can only unlock new characters by keeping them alive for three levels - each area has 12 levels).

The goal is to retrieve a Crystal and bring it to the airlock, and you can only move into one room at a time. You can gain power and other resources by moving through rooms and using that in turn to set up various turrets and other "towers" in the rooms. Thereby fortifying it for the future.

You find the airlock. You have one character grab the Crystal. This begins what is basically hoard mode.

Get the Crystal to the airlock, move up to the next level of the ship.

It is very frustrating but increidibly fun.

drgambit

Banned

I've picked up 3DMark, Endless Legend, and Trials in the Sky from today's deals. Now I'm just waiting for Lords of the Fallen, Shadow of Mordor, and Tales from the Borderlands to go on sale and I'll pretty much have everything I wanted save for a few I've decided to leave for later sale.

I learned the hard way that budgets are very good things, YNAB is a great program to use if you want to start... :D

I went to to a games store today to buy a second hand corded 360 controller as I can't seem to get my DS3 to work under 8.1. Of course I also came out with $100 in steam cards and immediately spent $40 or so. Not sure if there is anything else I really want, might just put it towards Pillars of Eternity.

DEADLY PREMONITION:

Yay - Play through the bugs for the weird yet awesome story

Nay - Bugs destroy the experience.

I must know before I buy.

Look at my steam games list and see how bad I am at choosing games. I've decided to turn over a new leaf and ask for opinions before buying another game that might be bad or I end up hating.

tm24

It's hard to quantify in small words, but here goes.

It's a tower defense/roguelite RPG hybrid with a plethora of unlockable characters.
You begin by picking what type of pod you start out in, which are unlockable as time goes on. You start out with one that gives you extra speed.

You can only bring two characters at a time, and you can find two more to bring your party to four (you can only unlock new characters by keeping them alive for three levels - each area has 12 levels).

The goal is to retrieve a Crystal and bring it to the airlock, and you can only move into one room at a time. You can gain power and other resources by moving through rooms and using that in turn to set up various turrets and other "towers" in the rooms. Thereby fortifying it for the future.

You find the airlock. You have one character grab the Crystal. This begins what is basically hoard mode.

Get the Crystal to the airlock, move up to the next level of the ship.

It is very frustrating but increidibly fun.

Sounds cool. Which version should i get. The pixel pack or the crystal pack? Is the DLC exclusive or is it a quick unlock?

1337Sauce

Need some final opinions on the importance of a Walking Dead Season One save for playing Season Two. I originally played on the 360, but I want to purchase this season on PC, and just go in without a previous save. I remember my choices, but don't really want to replay Season One again on Steam just to be able to play the newer episodes.

Does it really have that much of an impact outside of a couple references or something?

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
hmmmmmmmm

man, I only have like 12 bucks left in my steam wallet

I can buy Trails in the Sky, OR I can get Walking Dead Season 2 and probably something else

I dunno

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom