• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2014 | OT | !

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I stupidly bought Might and Magic X thinking I could play it on steam but its Uplay.

I have a weird issue though. When I click on it, it brings me to Uplay and asks for an activation code that I never received, or noticed I received. My steam code doesn't work there,.

Anyone had any similar experiences?

Corpekata

Banned
So I stupidly bought Might and Magic X thinking I could play it on steam but its Uplay.

I have a weird issue though. When I click on it, it brings me to Uplay and asks for an activation code that I never received, or noticed I received. My steam code doesn't work there,.

Anyone had any similar experiences?

Should be a CD key link when you look at the game in the library. Have to do it with a lot of Ubi stuff.

autoduelist

I seriously hope that people don't vote for Orion Prelude to get a $0.25 discount over IL-2 Sturmovik.

I'm sorry.

Different game. Endless Dungeon is a 4X, Dungeon of the Endless is dungeon defense.

edit: oh, it's in the same franchise. Neat.

Wait, what? There's no such thing as Endless Dungeon, is there (oh how I want a dungeon 4x game).

You're thinking of Endless Legend?

QUESTION --

So all this Tabletop talk -- I don't know anyone in 'real life' to play board games with... is there a decent online presence for all the 'popular' games on it? Or are there so many games that trying to find a game of XYZ borders on impossible unless you set it up via, say, gaf?

JBourne

maybe tomorrow it rains
637x358.resizedimage

637x358.resizedimage

637x358.resizedimage

damn all the mods for Tabletop SImulator

Well, there goes my Steam wallet. This will make a fine gift for some friends.

Wait, what? There's no such thing as Endless Dungeon, is there (oh how I want a dungeon 4x game).

You're thinking of Endless Legend?
I was thinking of Endless Legend, got it mixed up with Dungeon of the Endless.

Dont buy game that I wont play soon.

I have to tell myself that what discount today will discount tomorrow. right ?

Yeah I pretty much spent a good 1 hour playing each game I bought this sale. Including Rise of Nations (the nostalgia is REAL), Ruse, and Prison Architect (still trying to figure stuff out). Gotta get to Stronghold Crusaders HD soon though.

I skipped out on EU4 because I won't even play it to its full extent. Maybe some day. It goes on sale a lot anyway.

Trails in the Sky is on sale though but I won't play it now. I have the patience to wait.

How much do you think USFIV will go for if it hits a daily/flash?

EDIT: nevermind apparently I always owned EU4 but never got to it. Just the 'Extreme Edition' though. This is what happens when you've seen every Steam sale ever

Tizoc

Lost Planet 3 is a decent 3rd Person Shooter with great characters
While the gameplay isn't anything amazing, it gets the job done but the characters and voice acting is top notch.

Lost Planet 3 is a decent 3rd Person Shooter with great characters
While the gameplay isn't anything amazing, it gets the job done but the characters and voice acting is top notch.

Its actually a good game? I was considering it as well as Sacred 3 but wasn't sure.

Yes.

Very talky though, so be prepared.

Buy Trails in the Sky. I just beat it a few days ago and it is awesome.

Just purchased it. No idea when I'll get to it but I'm doing everything I can to help promote JRPG and Japanese games in generals sales on PC. The more support we get the better and it also looked nice from what I saw.

Is it a stand alone game or do I need to know any prior story from possible previous games? I know nothing about this game / franchise

Popstar

New Deals Every 12 Hours
sale pricing lasts 24 hours after start

Trails in the Sky -50%
Lost Planet 3 -75%
Magicite -50%
Octodad -75%
Sacred 3 -50%
Hitman Absolution -80%

Uthred

One caveat for Trails in the Sky, the beginning is a little slow, but persevere, its worth it

Just purchased it. No idea when I'll get to it but I'm doing everything I can to help promote JRPG and Japanese games in generals sales on PC. The more support we get the better and it also looked nice from what I saw.

Is it a stand alone game or do I need to know any prior story from possible previous games? I know nothing about this game / franchise

Its the first in a series, the second of which finishes the storyline started in the first game and will finally (five years some of us have been waiting ;) ) be out next year in English

How many hours is it? Any re-playability?

Probably 35-40 for the main storyline, 50ish if you do anything, not particularly replayable

Stand alone. It's the 1st game in Kiseki series after all

1337Sauce

Finished To The Moon recently and really enjoyed the story to the point where I am now looking for something that can give me the same kind of feels.

Anybody have any recommendations for some games with some good character moments? Currently looking at picking up Valiant Hearts (hopefully it goes up as a daily, I realized I just missed the flash deal) and The Walking Dead Season 2. I don't really care about how cheesy a game's story is, I can usually overlook that.

Also, how much of an impact do the season one choices have on season 2? My original save file is on the Xbox 360, but I would much rather play on PC and save money in the process if the choices ultimately have very little impact further than the first or second episode.

One caveat for Trails in the Sky, the beginning is a little slow, but persevere, its worth it

Its the first in a series, the second of which finishes the storyline started in the first game and will finally (five years some of us have been waiting ;) ) be out next year in English

Probably 35-40 for the main storyline, 50ish if you do anything, not particularly replayable

Thanks for the info, dude. Purchased.

Lost Planet 3 is indeed really cool.
Story and voice-acting are particularly good, and the atmosphere is fantastic.

Capcom sucks for not bothering to remove GFWL from Lost Planet 2 and Colonies.

Tizoc

They prob. might but not any time soon, I think SFxT was getting GFWL live removed and migrating to Steamworks, so maybe we will see those games have gfwl removed from them.

~Kinggi~

Banned

is it really though? Kinda tempted, but i dont know, steam reviews are mixed and the critical reviews werent great....im unsure.

A game called Tits sounds too sexually provocative for me, it also has dumb japanese anime characters in it so no thank you.

oh man this is great ima call it TITS from now on didnt even realize man

Tizoc

How's Lost Planet 3? And DLC?

Read my posts above/in the previous page
The DLC is multiplayer stuff so you don't really need it.

is it really though? Kinda tempted, but i dont know, steam reviews are mixed and the critical reviews werent great....im unsure.

The gameplay is serviceable, it is nothing amazing, and don't expect Vanquish here, but far as Third Person Shooters go it is OK.
It is the characters, story and setting that stand out. I personally recommend it as I had a blast playing it on PS3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom