• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2014 | OT | !

Status
Not open for further replies.
How is Valiant Hearts? The only thing that turns me off from buying this game is the terrible uplay.

Primary draw is its story and artwork. And those are both top notch. Gameplay is primarily puzzle-based stuff, so it's nothing that's gonna stick with you for very long. Worth a playthrough at least.

Uplay aside, I recommend it.

MrWhitefolks

Neo Member
So I know the whole "wait till 75% or last day" rule, but I HAD to bite on a few things which actually surprised the hell out of me.

1) Devil's Dare 悪魔の挑戦 $7.79 (40% off)
header.jpg

A brilliant horror/sci-fi/action movie themed side scrolling beat-em-up with a permadeath/rpg infused twist. It may be a little slower paced than what I initially expected, but it made up for that in consistently polished gameplay, a surprisingly balanced challenge, and amazing 2d sprite work.
Absolutely loved it from start to finish, and I fully intend on playing it with friends at a later date.

2) Running with Rifles $10.04 (33% off)
header.jpg

Cannon Fodder + Battlefield + Multi-player. There's really no other way for me to explain this. A top down, open world tactical multiplayer shooter. Hard as hell, but INSANELY fun. I would've never expected a game like this to exist, let alone at such a level of quality given that it's early access.

Both of these titles have demos, which is another bonus if you're still on the fence regarding them.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Cities in Motion -- MB-EDBE7025D258F00D - Taken by Guyver. 4 entrants total.

t1419316139z1.png

Volotaire

So I know the whole "wait till 75% or last day" rule, but I HAD to bite on a few things which actually surprised the hell out of me.

1) Devil's Dare 悪魔の挑戦 $7.79 (40% off)
header.jpg

A brilliant horror/sci-fi/action movie themed side scrolling beat-em-up with a permadeath/rpg infused twist. It may be a little slower paced than what I initially expected, but it made up for that in consistently polished gameplay, a surprisingly balanced challenge, and amazing 2d sprite work.
Absolutely loved it from start to finish, and I fully intend on playing it with friends at a later date.

2) Running with Rifles $10.04 (33% off)
header.jpg

Cannon Fodder + Battlefield + Multi-player. There's really no other way for me to explain this. A top down, open world tactical multiplayer shooter. Hard as hell, but INSANELY fun. I would've never expected a game like this to exist, let alone at such a level of quality given that it's early access.

Both of these titles have demos, which is another bonus if you're still on the fence regarding them.

Cannon Fodder? Now you have my attention.

TheBear

I don't think it is violence that is censored. And do make a lot of effort to get the uncensored version if at all possible. It is amazing.

Steam calls it "Low Violence Version" which I guess isn't an accurate description?

There was a work around for L4D2, I wonder if there is something similar for this

Steam calls it "Low Violence Version" which I guess isn't an accurate description?

There was a work around for L4D2, I wonder if there is something similar for this

If you get someone to gift you the US version it'll work fine. The cut content is a bit where
the aliens come back for a bit of probing
Not sure if there's anything other than that. It's pretty trivial to circumvent the censoring though.

zychi

Banned
Do the pc versions of graw 1,2 and future soldier support controller? Sold my monitor and have my pc setup as big comfy couch style with my tv now, i wanna replay them

Josman

South park is the only game i ever wished had dlc story missions. I loved every minute of thst game

Such an awesome game, I remember finishing it and then look on the store for DLC, there are like 2 games I've done that for.

Did the game underperform or something?

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
Such an awesome game, I remember finishing it and then look on the store for DLC, there are like 2 games I've done that for.

Did the game underperform or something?

I don't know how it performed, or what the expectations for it were; THQ imploded before they could finish publishing it and Ubisoft picked it up.

I think Trey Parker said he hated making video games after it came out, so that probably has more to do with it than anything else.

drgambit

Banned
Please explain to me why I should spend $5+ on a ten year old game (Vampire) I guess I don't understand the hype for it...

God, I used to LARP this in my 20s... :(

Jedi2016

Picked up Shadow Warrior. Almost missed it, I hadn't realized it was that cheap (the last time I bought a game at 90% off, it was a glitch). Also stoked that it comes with Viscera Cleanup Detail, I wasn't expecting that. Win-win. Nothing on today's lineup for me, though.

Please explain to me why I should spend $5+ on a ten year old game (Vampire) I guess I don't understand the hype for it...

Because it isn't worth it. The game is broken as hell. You need unofficial mod to fix the game after installing it for the first time.

Zoolader

One of those games I bought upon gaf hype and played 30 minutes of it. I didn't give it enough time but it wasn't pulling me in either. Some day I might go back and try it again.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of an anonymous benefactor, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Cities in Motion -- MB-EDBE7025D258F00D - Taken by Guyver. 4 entrants total.

t1419316139z1.png

Corpekata

Banned
With Tabletop Simulator are there constraints that make it so you don't overreact with the Physics? Like the early trailers were all "LOL TABLE FLIP" joke game stuff but if it can actually be playable and not obnoxious, I'd probably dig it. Just don't want to accidently send a dozen pieces flying around and screw up a game because I moved my mouse too fast.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom