• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2014 |OT3| : DIE HARDEREST (HAPPY NEW YEAR WOOHOO!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wok

My guesses:

Don't Take This If You Already Own Toki Tori 2 Plus -- Toki Tori 2+
Too Many Puppies / With Guns In Their Hands -- Droid Assault? Gun Monkeys?
Co-Op With One of MakeshiftChef's Kids -- Cook Serve Delicious
The Doctor Wore One -- Surgeon Simulator 2013 FEZ according to a reply below
Like 30 Lightning Strikes -- Electronic Joy
You Can Re-Gift Any Of These Games, I Don't Mind -- Warframe: Gift Pack
R.I.P. Hamilton Camp -- DuckTales
None Of These Games Are Bad Rats -- Secret of the Magic Crystals
Please Don't Clog Up The Thread With Thank You Posts -- Bad Rats
You Can't Be A Wizard, Only A Magic-User -- Magic 2014
Be! Aggressive! B-E Aggressive! -- Cherry Tree High Comedy Club
Easy...But Not Necessarily Easy (ba-BUMP BUMP) -- Offspring Fling
This Year You Overlooked An Excellent Puzzler; Remedy That Mistake -- Tetrobot and Co.
Eat Something, You Skinny Little Weirdo -- Mc Pixel Don't Starve
A Rougelike -- Rogue Legacy
Search Query: "Tellaerin". Did You Mean: Tel'Arin | Tel'Elerin -- Garry's Mod
Chocoholics, Beware -- Chocolate Castle? Chocolatier®: Decadence by Design™?

I entered for Ducktales.

Nzyme32

iJiMYkwiFWi39.jpg

wtf? Is this what I get for trading cards for the game? The dude sent me a humblebundle link for it and this was back in Nov.

Unfortunately, there should be a saying of "only trade what you are willing to lose". The guy who got the humble bundle originally may have used some nefarious method to get it (dodgy card or some such). Its a shame that there are a fair few kids that have nothing better to do than this.

Valdis, Dust and Guacamelee are very similar games. If I had to pick one, I like the style and depth of Valdis best.

I'd say it is an easy pickup for a couple of dollars.

In the above "A Rougelike" could be papers please...

Copons

also, how demanding is Dark Souls?

If you mean performance-wise, it shouldn't be that demanding and through DSfix you can adjust the resolution.
But I have a REALLY crappy computer (mid 2009 MBP with 256MB of gpu) and all went tragically downhill: at first I got playable framerates (let's say, between 20 and 30) but as soon as I got to fight bigger and more graphically complex bosses I just couldn't. Until at one boss it was Dark Souls itself that kicked me out of the game because of too low framerate. :D

iosefe

If you mean performance-wise, it shouldn't be that demanding and through DSfix you can adjust the resolution.
But I have a REALLY crappy computer (mid 2009 MBP with 256MB of gpu) and all went tragically downhill: at first I got playable framerates (let's say, between 20 and 30) but as soon as I got to fight bigger and more graphically complex bosses I just couldn't. Until at one boss it was Dark Souls itself that kicked me out of the game because of too low framerate. :D

ouch. maybe i'll just drop the settings like a mad man...

AMD a10 APU, gives me roughly 512

KAL2006

Banned
So this was my first Steam sale, I have have spent about £160 which bought me 60 games. I went crazy, but I figured I would have spent a lot anyway due to my first time on Steam and having no backlog at all. Now I have made a wish list of games, which I will only buy if I see any of the games on my wish list for 75% off sale or more, so I won't be spending much in future sales.

Coldsun

Banned
So this was my first Steam sale, I have have spent about £160 which bought me 60 games. I went crazy, but I figured I would have spent a lot anyway due to my first time on Steam and having no backlog at all. Now I have made a wish list of games, which I will only buy if I see any of the games on my wish list for 75% off sale or more, so I won't be spending much in future sales.

You say that now, you'll still be tempted to splurge next sale.

KAL2006

Banned
You say that now, you'll still be tempted to splurge next sale.

I got most of the stuff I wanted, every game I bought in the sale was either 75% off or more, since I have most of the games I want I can't see myself spending that much in the next big sale. Maybe spend £60 if a lot of my games go on sale from my wishlist, but it won't be close to £160 I spent building my Steam library from nothing.

Deadbeat

Banned
Card prices are weird right now. They are going up on average(above 15 cents), but theres more people in the mix also dumping them around 10-12 cents. Theres people that still want to make money, but others that are panicking.

Sturm

Banned

We've all been there my friend, we've all been there.

HoosTrax

Are there any further DLC in the works for XCOM or am I safe getting Enemy Within now?

I have a hard time getting ramped back up to revisit games I've already played once...

StAidan

Heck, all the raving over Valdis Story convinced me to pick it up as my last game of the sale. Less than 8 bucks left in my Steam wallet now.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail

Lol, I remember when I used to be that naive. Gaben takes it all.

Were the non-dailies supposed to return to full price today? I was holding out on Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Director's Cut to see if it made a return appearance, but it didn't and is back to full price? Isn't the sale still on-going? :S

EDIT: I told my partner's brother to hold out in case it was reduced further (we bought him a Steam gift card for his first Steam sale). Have I made a terrible mistake? :O

I got most of the stuff I wanted, every game I bought in the sale was either 75% off or more, since I have most of the games I want I can't see myself spending that much in the next big sale. Maybe spend £60 if a lot of my games go on sale from my wishlist, but it won't be close to £160 I spent building my Steam library from nothing.

:)
You remind me of a young man I've once met...

dinopoke

Would someone be kind enough to buy me Civ V Gold + BNW over at Amazon? It's $20 but I don't have a Credit Card. I'll be able to pay you back through Paypal.

Nymphae

Banned
I'm kind of pissed that I bought The Swapper without realizing it doesn't have controller support. How the fuck does this game not support that?

Ermac

Proudly debt free. If you need a couple bucks, just ask.
Is there gonna be a thread like last year with last minute Indie games worth getting?

denx

I'm kind of pissed that I bought The Swapper without realizing it doesn't have controller support. How the fuck does this game not support that?

From what I've read, The Swapper would be pretty difficult to control with a controller. It is very much designed to be played with K+M.

Vilam

Maxis Redwood
Well this is fucking stupid...

I added a new card to my Steam account for payments, and because of that I can't do anything on the market until January 9th. It would have been nice to have been told that ahead of time... I know that didn't happen the last time I did this. Now I'm stuck being unable to sell the holiday cards and they'll be useless by the 9th.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom