• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2014 |OT3| : DIE HARDEREST (HAPPY NEW YEAR WOOHOO!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

garath

Look at your FPS and report back.

So AC4 performance on PC.

I did dip into the 30 fps realm here and there. So I can definitely see where you are coming from. Unfortunately I turned off the fps report so I don't have the frame spam from fraps but judging by the report the time was spent pretty evenly between 30 and 60 fps. If I turned off vsync it would probably average higher. I might do some more tests. This bench was done during a ship battle and some time on land running around.

I have a 2500k overclocked, 8 gigs ram, 660ti (slightly overclocked) and everything is on high except god ray (set to low) and physx (off).

Frames, Time (ms), Min, Max, Avg
4655, 102711, 29, 61, 45.321

Bottom line, I found it more than acceptable for my needs. ymmv.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 17 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Don't Take This If You Already Own Toki Tori 2 Plus -- MB-763BE09EA6DB5B4F
Too Many Puppies / With Guns In Their Hands -- MB-B063120757393786
Co-Op With One of MakeshiftChef's Kids -- MB-E4F0C9ECD59046BD
The Doctor Wore One -- MB-788B66D6564C637E
Like 30 Lightning Strikes -- MB-5C0788D42642F496
You Can Re-Gift Any Of These Games, I Don't Mind -- MB-3DAF506EDEC2D5AD
R.I.P. Hamilton Camp -- MB-B1C311C56C851FCD
None Of These Games Are Bad Rats -- MB-C8D633886DF76947
Please Don't Clog Up The Thread With Thank You Posts -- MB-974BE301743E5C56
You Can't Be A Wizard, Only A Magic-User -- MB-5A831FCE836211DA
Be! Aggressive! B-E Aggressive! -- MB-D3BC537FBD78BE7F
Easy...But Not Necessarily Easy (ba-BUMP BUMP) -- MB-DA5CB3E208CAAE34
This Year You Overlooked An Excellent Puzzler; Remedy That Mistake -- MB-C9EC33DE3310F479
Eat Something, You Skinny Little Weirdo -- MB-75ED27EE686091A7
A Rougelike -- MB-FABA89666B59FA43
Search Query: "Tellaerin". Did You Mean: Tel'Arin | Tel'Elerin -- MB-174F3D8923E6EEC8
Chocoholics, Beware -- MB-408242B3080517A8

t1388789661z1.png

Santini

Don't know if this has been posted already, but for all of you Steam collectors and Saints Row IV fans:

This bit of DLC content is only going to be available for a limited time, and the date it's going to be removed from the store is January 13.

Confirmation here.

FYI, the Season Pass does NOT include this content.

Volotaire

Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 17 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

t1388789661z1.png

I like the creativity anonymous gaffer!

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Why won't they just hire you already? They can spend less time being hurt over getting shown up all the time that way.

I wish. At this point I figure they probably think "Damn, this plugin has a lot of users and adds a lot of useful features to Steam. We could either hire him and pay him to make these kinds of changes, or just let him keep doing what he's doing for free..."

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

This Year You Overlooked An Excellent Puzzler; Remedy That Mistake -- MB-C9EC33DE3310F479
Search Query: "Tellaerin". Did You Mean: Tel'Arin | Tel'Elerin -- MB-174F3D8923E6EEC8

t1388789661z1.png

Damn, Modbot giving away my kids for coop. Argh! which one do I enter for?! Decisions decisions...

PaulLFC

Work in progress...

kTEeo4a.png
Perfect. I was getting annoyed with Steam the other day when Dungeon Defenders was on sale and it took me about 10 minutes to buy just a few bits of DLC because I had to click on each one, press add to cart, click back (twice), click on the next one... and repeat. Every. Single. Time. Such a poorly designed UI.

DedValve

Banned

Rules for this Giveaway:

I was so confused by these names I thought they where actual games lol. I was really disappointed when the puppies with guns didn't show up on steam :(

Levyne

Banned
Gaf is so generous, haven't been able to be on steam a lot recently but return to see two belated gifts. And all these giveaways. Love the community.

DedValve

Banned
I'M SO WEEEEAAAAAAKKKKK. I turn on my playstation, look at steam. Put in Dark Souls. Look at steam. Press start.

I now own Skyrim Legendary Edition. WTF just happened? (and I wanted Civ V too).

I hate you steam. I hate you so much.

honorless

We don't have "get out of jail free" cards, but if we did, she'd have one.
...What if he is the actual anonymous benefactor and he's trying to get rid of his kid? :/
Maybe that kid is the one doing the giveaway!

...But half-seriously, MakeshiftChef...do you have any idea what game that could possibly be? What a weird set of riddles, anon...

XShagrath

Giving a little back to SteamGAF. Happy New Years!

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

http://cdn4.steampowered.com/v/gfx/a...er_292x136.jpg
Overlord /w Raising Hell -- MB-6C0ED8D905EE3732 - Taken by Tolerance. 5 entrants total.
Overlord II -- MB-EDCC9D153389696C - Taken by HowardRoark. 6 entrants total.

http://secondapps.com/countdown/t1388705019z1.png

Maybe that kid is the one doing the giveaway!

...But half-seriously, MakeshiftChef...do you have any idea what game that could possibly be? What a weird set of riddles, anon...

It's not a raffle I'd do. I can get creative in the kitchen, but I'd have no imagination when it comes to giving games away. The puppy one is calling my name though. Something about it brings a smile to my face.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
It's not a raffle I'd do. I can get creative in the kitchen, but I'd have no imagination when it comes to giving games away. The puppy one is calling my name though. Something about it brings a smile to my face.

I'm guessing it's Sleeping Dogs.
It's not sleeping dogs

The_Monk

What a lovely mystery this is! I'm not going to enter for any of them so I wish you all good luck.

I'm just curious for the Mystery.

Soule

Rules for this Giveaway:

t1388789661z1.png
Oh man, I went in for one but I hope I don't already own it, these titles are confusing haha.

Also big thanks to Im a Manatee! Just saw I won Giana Sisters, entered when steam and modbot were having big issues yesterday and seems it took a long time to go through so it was a very pleasant surprise to wake up to :)

oipic

Ha, the number of entries for each of those respective giveaways will make for a fascinating study of human/SteamGAF behaviour. I love it.

Bonus points for making use of Faith No More lyrics there, Anonymous Ben.

Wok

My guesses:

Don't Take This If You Already Own Toki Tori 2 Plus -- Toki Tori 2+
Too Many Puppies / With Guns In Their Hands -- Droid Assault? Gun Monkeys?
Co-Op With One of MakeshiftChef's Kids -- Cook Serve Delicious
The Doctor Wore One -- Surgeon Simulator 2013
Like 30 Lightning Strikes -- Electronic Joy
You Can Re-Gift Any Of These Games, I Don't Mind -- Warframe: Gift Pack
R.I.P. Hamilton Camp -- DuckTales
None Of These Games Are Bad Rats -- Secret of the Magic Crystals
Please Don't Clog Up The Thread With Thank You Posts -- Bad Rats
You Can't Be A Wizard, Only A Magic-User -- Magic 2014
Be! Aggressive! B-E Aggressive! -- Cherry Tree High Comedy Club
Easy...But Not Necessarily Easy (ba-BUMP BUMP) -- Offspring Fling
This Year You Overlooked An Excellent Puzzler; Remedy That Mistake -- Tetrobot and Co.
Eat Something, You Skinny Little Weirdo -- Mc Pixel Don't Starve
A Rougelike -- Rogue Legacy
Search Query: "Tellaerin". Did You Mean: Tel'Arin | Tel'Elerin -- Garry's Mod
Chocoholics, Beware -- Chocolate Castle? Chocolatier®: Decadence by Design™?

Eat Something, You Skinny Little Weirdo is definitively Don't Starve.

Good guess, I copy it.

So AC4 performance on PC.

I did dip into the 30 fps realm here and there. So I can definitely see where you are coming from. Unfortunately I turned off the fps report so I don't have the frame spam from fraps but judging by the report the time was spent pretty evenly between 30 and 60 fps. If I turned off vsync it would probably average higher. I might do some more tests. This bench was done during a ship battle and some time on land running around.

I have a 2500k overclocked, 8 gigs ram, 660ti (slightly overclocked) and everything is on high except god ray (set to low) and physx (off).

Frames, Time (ms), Min, Max, Avg
4655, 102711, 29, 61, 45.321

Bottom line, I found it more than acceptable for my needs. ymmv.

It's jarring how the game can go from 60 to 30 with no ground in between. I had to lock the game to 30 to get it playable, otherwise it'd just keep annoying me.

KAL2006

Banned
having a hard time deciding if I should get Tomb Raider, I have this feeling the Definite Edition with all the new stuff will get a PC release

Grief.exe

having a hard time deciding if I should get Tomb Raider, I have this feeling the Definite Edition with all the new stuff will get a PC release

I don't really see the point of the definitive edition, other than the newer version of TressFX and some models, seems largely aesthetic.

Is Steam down or am I screwed for the 3rd time in the past two weeks? Saying my password is wrong. Again. :/

Do you have Steamguard?

So, final word on Valdis: Is it a definite buy?

also, how demanding is Dark Souls?

Everyone seems to love it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom