• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2014 |OT3| : DIE HARDEREST (HAPPY NEW YEAR WOOHOO!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carm

So, I live in Indiana, I went to Amazon and saw the Irem collection for 3 bucks, figured why not. Got to the order page and see I'm being taxed wtf. Apparently 3 more states including mine are now taxed, even for digital goods, on Amazon now. That will stop me from purchasing things there as frequently as I have in the past =x. Still buying that collection though...

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
I have a 50% coupon for Crusader Kings II good until the 1st of February. I would like a Super House Of Dead Ninja card or two for it, but that isn't actually important and I rather someone here get it than Trashbot.

Likewise the Payday 2 background I still have.

Also, any thoughts on Vertex Dispenser? The demo didn't really convince me, but I still think there might be something to do.

yuraya

So, I live in Indiana, I went to Amazon a saw the Irem collection for 3 bucks, figured why not. Got to the order page and see I'm being taxed wtf. Apparently 3 more states including mine are now taxed, even for digital goods, on Amazon now. That will stop me from purchasing things there as frequently as I have in the past =x. Still buying that collection though...

Amazon probably built a distribution center in your state. Thats when they start taxing. :( i think they are doing something like 2-3 more states next year. Including Florida.

edit: I meant this year 2014 not next lol confuse. Fla, CA, MD, and Wisconsin will all start paying taxes in amazon this year.

Colin.

Just a DDOS, no information compromised. Basically it's the same as if many more people than usual tried to access the site (so think L4D2 giveaway).

Yep, this, Repeated attempts to connect, until the servers come to a halt. People that do this sort of thing without any motive are little shits.

jediyoshi

PxxtSwg.png

weeeeee

AxeMan

Did anyone buy The Raven during the sale and would you recommend for full price?
I missed when it was on sale and it hasn't been discounted on the last day

Coreda

Can anyone tell me what the difference between Amazon's 'Download' and 'Online Game Key' items?

As they both say the DRM is Steam do they both give you the Steam keys or only the 'Online Game Key' version?

Leopold

Anyone able to update their games on Steam? I've just bought the Civ V expansion (Brave New World) and it gets stuck on 8%.

rrs

Can anyone tell me what the difference between Amazon's 'Download' and 'Online Game Key' items?

As they both say the DRM is Steam do they both give you the Steam keys or only the 'Online Game Key' version?

If DRM is Steam, you get keys no matter what.

Anyone able to update their games on Steam? I've just bought the Civ V expansion (Brave New World) and it gets stuck on 8%.

Valve is being DDOS'd again more or less.

denx

Probably has to do with the DDOS attack. It will take some time before everything goes back to normal.

edit: beaten so many times

I have a 50% coupon for Crusader Kings II good until the 1st of February. I would like a Super House Of Dead Ninja card or two for it, but that isn't actually important and I rather someone here get it than Trashbot.

Likewise the Payday 2 background I still have.

Also, any thoughts on Vertex Dispenser? The demo didn't really convince me, but I still think there might be something to do.

I don't have those cards to give for it, but if no one else claims it I will take it please! I've been waiting for a sale on that one for a while (missed the steam sale earlier)!

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I think you are Saoirse using the alias JaseC on the internet, makes sense.

If you drop the "J" and "C", add some other letters, and finally mix them around a bit, you get "Saoirse", so I'm surprised the cat didn't exit the bag sooner. :p

The labels are worthless. It's not uncommon for a "Download" to come with a key and an "Online Game Key" to come with a download.

Coreda

The labels are worthless. It's not uncommon for a "Download" to come with a key and an "Online Game Key" to come with a download.

Wouldn't all items purchased with Steam as DRM mean it needs to be activated in Steam via a key, or are they using some other system? Now I'm confused.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
I kind of want to craft all my cards before they expire. Would be nice.

Too bad. Derpfucks.jpg

I'd like to download Operation Flashpoint (er: Arma: Cold War Assault) but can't because Steam is going down.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Wouldn't all items purchased with Steam as DRM mean it needs to be activated in Steam via a key, or are they using some other system? Now I'm confused.

The download button leads to a downloader but I've never bothered to use it.

zulux21

Amazon probably built a distribution center in your state. Thats when they start taxing. :( i think they are doing something like 2-3 more states next year. Including Florida.

edit: I meant this year 2014 not next lol confuse. Fla, CA, MD, and Wisconsin will all start paying taxes in amazon this year.

Wisconsin has been directly charged tax from amazon for a few months now... not that we didn't pay taxes before then as you are required to report what you bought from places like amazon on your state taxes to be charged the taxes on them for at least the last two years (the only years I have done my taxes myself)

it was a bit sad to see tax on a digital game though, I know it's not true, but given the lack of a physical good it feels like the government is getting a cut from an idea instead of a product lol.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Are you Joss Whedon?

The picture was taken last summer, after I got done touring Valve's headquarters (swag bag and TF2 poster present). I need to get an updated one together though, since I've lost a lot of weight (about 40lb) since then.

I can see the resemblance, although I don't have red hair.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom