• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2014 |OT3| : DIE HARDEREST (HAPPY NEW YEAR WOOHOO!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lain

I'm gonna wait until tomorrow to buy the last few games on sale to see if any of the flash/community choices deliver something unexpected.

I just noticed the lack of Derrick. New Year hangover?

Also, should I get DMC4 or wait for MGR? I've been itching for action games like them for a while...

Arthea

My last item was Genuine Spike of Frostbite and it's worth 10 cents or something like that, hilarious.

Anyway mission accomplished
fe3428359524171a2debfe9ce47402e81e936fc8.png

well, not really, not what I planned but will suffice

And 100 globes - 0 foils :(
or really rare items

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
For those with jut a little bit more money or a desire to try something different from the other titles on sale, may I recommend to you Legend Of Grimrock.

A true throwback to the first person dungeon crawler brought to modern day design and creation techniques while retaining all of it's old school charm.

A title where a story is slowly and often subtly told to you as you travel through and explore the dungeons, discovering more about the people and the world you find yourself in, not unlike what some loved about Demon's Souls and Dark Souls, albeit more straightforward and clear.
The world is well designed, each section feels like it's own location rather than the rehashes that plague so many other dungeon crawlers, and the monsters are well crafted. As these games go, it's a joy to travel through once you become immersed.

Movement is tile based, so don't expect any quick running through like a Dark Souls, but this design is on purpose and the step by step manoeuvre still works remarkably well so that you are always best situated for what you want/need to find in a room, to solve a puzzle, or to face an enemy in the real time combat. While not the most involved combat, it does well for itself and plenty of strategy can go into it even if you may need to look up some explanations of magic.
Just remember it's not a game to rush through, to jump straight into battles or rooms, it's best left where you are careful and attentive to all that is present lest you fall into a trap or be crushed by a beat twice the size of a normal man.

If you are like me, you will find satisfaction in exploring the rooms, mapping it all out, figuring out what is a trap and which is not, and solving puzzles with monster slaying to keep it all fresh.
If you've always been interested in dungeon crawlers, but could never get into one before, this one to try. There are demos floating out there on the internet if you need it.

Copons

Brave New World has rendered Gods and Kings redundant. It contains all of the enhancements from the previous DLC.

You only need to buy BNW, everything else is bullshit.

Wait, is this really true?

I've played too few BNW to notice it, but I recall people saying that, while you can play BNW without G&K, you should get both to have the full experience, so I just assumed that they contain separated and different features.

Cheddahz

Banned
Oh wait, someone in the B/S/T thread is selling SSFIV: AE for cheap, should I just get the game or should I get the Complete Pack?

derExperte

I've played too few BNW to notice it, but I recall people saying that, while you can play BNW without G&K, you should get both to have the full experience, so I just assumed that they contain separated and different features.

All gameplay changes are included but you miss some scenarios and mabye civilizations.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
JC2 is mine. I've only played it on OnLive and had a ton of fun with it. For $3, how can you complain?

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
I'm finally about to start Half Life for the first time. I bought the "Complete" package in a previous sale, I'm assuming I should play the Source version instead of the original.

dani_dc

You'll be missing content such as a few Civilizations as well as scenarios.

Actual gameplay additions are all included in BNW, so if you're satisfied with the content you get from Vanilla+BNW (which is a lot) you can skip G&K.

If you want all content the best thing to do (assuming you only have vanilla) is to buy the GOTY upgrade and BNW.

Arthea

I don't think so. It was repeated in steam threads many times, but description of BNW doesn't mention it has everything that gold edition has. So, I'm not sure.

Finally MK....but went to amazon and it was only 7.50 so grabbed it from there. Now if KoF 13 goes on sale again i will have nabbed 3 fighting games this sale ( also got skull girls).

Gonna grab valdis story too, just waiting to see if HiB pops up in the next 30 mins.

it wouldn't make sense, most likely it would go live after steam sale ?

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Alright: Zero Coin I need your Steam ID so I can send the trade.

Apparently Boss Doggie can't take cards/trades due to his restrictions. Which means. *drumroll*

I have a Snow Globe #5 card to give away. First come, first served PM me your Steam ID letting me know.

Whoo and Indeed Hoo, crazyrabbits: Friend request sent to give the card to you.

Should get it from "RUSHian Attack" so that's me. Accept it whenever and I'll shoot a trade request your way ASAP.

(Figured I'd use Modbot for the sake of fairness over "first come first served" like the previous two times I've done this)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom