• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2014 |OT3| : DIE HARDEREST (HAPPY NEW YEAR WOOHOO!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Getting excited for this new Enhanced Steam feature:

4RyXRdf.png
This is awesome!

hitmon

In case you are interested in buying Interstellar Marines, HERE is a video you should watch.

You probably won't want to buy it after watching my multiplayer match.

You are welcome GAF, I suffered through it and sacrificed myself so that you would not have to. May your wallets be ever heavier.

Yeah, that didn't look too good. Thanks for the sacrifice.

Nice to wake up to Valdis, I think it is just the game I want to play right now.

Really the sales have delivered, despite the usual big name repeats. I just want Battle Worlds Kronos and things will be just about perfect.

Dr Dogg

It will let you purchase up to the maximum amount your wallet can hold (which is $500.00 in the US). So if you have $10 in your wallet already, the maximum you can purchase is $490.00. If your wallet is empty you can purchase $500.00 at once if you'd like.

With "vanilla" Steam, if you wanted to add $500.00 to your wallet, you'd have to do 5 separate purchases of $100 each.

Well I'll be. What with custom amounts now thanks to Enhanced Steam my poor PayPal account will see a lot more action. Thanks yet again Shackles.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Generally speaking, when most games get to under $4, its worth it even if its a mediocre game with some charm. Grimlock is not that from other users impressions, I'm just saying when a game is cheaper than food its hard to argue that it isn't worth it unless the game itself isn't worth it.

Snaku

Banned
I just added up everything I've bought, and I really think it's time to stop now.

Amazon
Mortal Kombat Komplete Edition $7.49
Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed + DLC $6.48
Fable: The Lost Chapters $1.00
DeadPool $9.99
Metro Last Light $13.60
Dungeons & Dragons: Chronicles of Mystara $3.75
Castle of Illusion $3.75
Castlevania: Lords of Shadow Ultimate Edition $9.99
Assassins Creed III: Deluxe Edition $14.99
Aliens: Colonial Marines $1.99

Steam
Bioshock Infinite $9.99
Bioshock Infinite Season Pass $4.99
Mark of the Ninja: Special Edition $3.59
Deadly Premonition: The Director's Cut $9.99
Fallout New Vegas Ultimate $6.79
Devil May Cry 3 & 4 $7.49
DmC: Devil May Cry $12.49
Guacamelee! Gold Edition $3.74
Trine 2: Complete Story $1.99
State of Decay $9.99
Shadowrun Returns $8.99
Dead Space 1 & 2 $9.99
Borderlands 2 GOTY $14.99
The Witcher 2 $4.99
Papers, Please $4.99
Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance $19.99

GMG
Resident Evil: Revelations $10.00
Skullgirls $7.49

Total: $225.51

Minus Amazon and Steam gift cards I got for Christmas, I spent $150 and change on this sale. Jesus fuck.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Well I'll be. What with custom amounts now thanks to Enhanced Steam my poor PayPal account will see a lot more action. Thanks yet again Shackles.

No problem! Will also be good for those pesky leftover amounts on prepaid Visa cards and stuff. I have a wallet full of these types of cards with random amounts left on them (most over $5) so this will make it nice to turn those into Steam $.

Shame it'll probably lock me out of the market though.

Maybe I don't use Steam wallet the same way everyone else does, but I don't see the value in this. I either carry a balance or just buy adhoc with CC if there's insufficient funds.

I think a big part of the value comes from choice. See above for a real-world example of using this feature to fix a common frustration. Another example I mentioned is if you wanted to add more than $100 to your wallet at once, this will allow you to do that in a single transaction rather than splitting it up.

Grief.exe

So for example, if you enter $42.54 into the box and then "Add to Cart" you get this:

eNlrjJr.png

I tested this yesterday by adding $13.87 to my wallet. Worked like a champ!

WEajit5.png

It will let you purchase up to the maximum amount your wallet can hold (which is $500.00 in the US). So if you have $10 in your wallet already, the maximum you can purchase is $490.00. If your wallet is empty you can purchase $500.00 at once if you'd like.

With "vanilla" Steam, if you wanted to add $500.00 to your wallet, you'd have to do 5 separate purchases of $100 each.

That is a pretty damn cool feature Jshacks

ant_

not characteristic of ants at all
How is the new season of Walking Dead so far? I loved the first one and kinda don't know anything about the 2nd.

redfirm

Banned
I just added up everything I've bought, and I really think it's time to stop now.

Amazon
DeadPool $9.99
Metro Last Light $13.60
Castle of Illusion $3.75

Steam
Bioshock Infinite $9.99
State of Decay $9.99
Shadowrun Returns $8.99
Dead Space 1 & 2 $9.99
The Witcher 2 $4.99
Papers, Please $4.99

GMG
Skullgirls $7.49

Minus Amazon and Steam gift cards I got for Christmas, I spent $150 and change on this sale. Jesus fuck.

you should stop..we are overdoing this man

I think a big part of the value comes from choice. See above for a real-world example of using this feature to fix a common frustration. Another example I mentioned is if you wanted to add more than $100 to your wallet at once, this will allow you to do that in a single transaction rather than splitting it up.

Ah yes, Paypal transfers would be perfect for this.

How is the new season of Walking Dead so far? I loved the first one and kinda don't know anything about the 2nd.

Kind of more of the same, so decent, but I thought it was a pretty weak opening that felt like the first half of a two part episode. There just isn't enough time to make you care yet with so many new characters.

So personally I'd wait for episode 2 to judge/buy.

Amazon
DeadPool $9.99
Metro Last Light $13.60
Castle of Illusion $3.75

Steam
Bioshock Infinite $9.99
State of Decay $9.99
Shadowrun Returns $8.99
Dead Space 1 & 2 $9.99
The Witcher 2 $4.99
Papers, Please $4.99

GMG
Skullgirls $7.49

I want to get RER, but will it go cheaper later. If so, I'll wait.

Pretty sure people blocklisted me from raffles after I won like 6 in one day around christmas, but here we go anyway.

The picture is wrong, you get FEAR 2, not FEAR 2 reborn DLC.

ModBot said:
Instructions for Im a Manatee:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 11 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can entry for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself.
- Add me on steam: Oscar Mike!
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

ulgzbKC.png
Humble Indie Bundle 3 (DESURA) -- MB-3F6C5CC09E2CD455
F.E.A.R. -- MB-E52710B8FDD2D671 - Taken by VitalNerve. 12 entrants total.
ulgzbKC.png
Humble Indie Bundle 2 (DESURA) -- MB-DD9B67F840026010 - Taken by Rand6. 4 entrants total.
Neighbours From Hell -- MB-B215361E660CFA98 - Taken by maneil99. 10 entrants total.
Guardians of Middle Earth -- MB-31DC08EF4FBE42EF - Taken by Facism. 5 entrants total.
F.E.A.R. 2 -- MB-38826EC957755F08 - Taken by gabbo. 10 entrants total.
Cortex Command -- MB-D702D39D73B4B67A - Taken by Camel Master. 4 entrants total.
Killing Floor -- MB-C97E8716A4DE5A51 - Taken by adriano999. 7 entrants total.
Team Fortress 2 Heart of Gold Item -- MB-CA9B0A96A99B745D - Taken by The Grim Heaper. 12 entrants total.
The Lord of the Rings Online: Steely Dawn Starter Pack -- MB-142D0BE1F0FDE39B - Taken by Jenks. 2 entrants total.
Batman: Arkham Origins DLC -- MB-34CE31E2B68C967C - Taken by Sullichin. 6 entrants total.

t1388623774z1.png

ant_

not characteristic of ants at all
Kind of more of the same, so decent, but I thought it was a pretty weak opening that felt like the first half of a two part episode. There just isn't enough time to make you care yet with so many new characters.

So personally I'd wait for episode 2 to judge/buy.

Thanks, I'll probably do that and wait until another sale.

Fireblend

Banned
I haven't really looked into the cards thing but I guess it'd be nice to craft at least something (I didn't even spend $10 during the sale, dat Don't Starve pricing error).

I'm missing #4, #5 and #6.

Got a spare #1, #2, #3, #9 and #10

neoemonk

I only bought Papers Please and Ys I and II.

I was also looking to pick up BioShock Infinite and Brothers, but then the PS+ list for the US in January was revealed and I decided I'd take the performance hit to play for free.

Grief.exe

Two things I just found out.

Apparently I'm going hunting the 10-12, so I only have one day to beat MGR. Let's do this!
I don't go back to school until the 21st?? Should have made the thread 'Six in January' instead of 'Three in January.'

yeah i know, i stopped buying, got a big list that i need to finish first

You may be new to Steam as well. Honestly that is the first thing I did when I saw the Steam sales.

I still have games I wracked up from 4+ years ago that I haven't gotten around to playing yet. Its not that I don't want to play them, but they get consistently pushed back by newer games that are potential GOTY candidates such as Brothers, Last Light, Shadow Warrior, etc, etc.

Grief.exe

That's what they said about Deadpool ;_:

Licensed games, especially those by Activision, and games by companies that could possibly bankrupt you have to watch out for. If you are familiar with the Steam thread, then JaseC will always let you know about games to be mindful of.

With Deadpool, I said Fuck it. Had some extra money on my Paypal just sitting there.

Bc277wNCMAAg3pi.png:large

1311947803699.jpg

Im in the Big Ten, I'm moving back in on the tenth. So many games, so little time

MFW I read my academic schedule right there.

Posting once more.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 18 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Awesomenauts Cluck Costume -- MB-66F0625311526A40 - Taken by Relax.MX. 3 entrants total.
Metro 2033, Risen, and Sacred Citadel -- MB-A97349878140F688 - Taken by Ingueferroque. 8 entrants total.
McPixel -- MB-2A31BE1335F12F62
F.E.A.R. -- MB-8075E75249581CF0 - Taken by Dreams-Visions. 14 entrants total.
Scribblenauts Unlimited -- MB-DC1C270A32E15025 - Taken by Toki767. 25 entrants total.
English Country Tune -- MB-7232F91BF0DBD091 - Taken by NoPiece. 6 entrants total.
Orcs Must Die! GOTY -- MB-9B1F178EBA45B0AF - Taken by Sgt.Pepper. 6 entrants total.
Broken Sword Director's Cut -- MB-9890ABB9E2A883F0
Awesomenauts -- MB-91BAA4DBDCC8C47D - Taken by Gravelord_Nito. 4 entrants total.
Command & Conquer Red Alert 3 Uprising -- MB-66DAE33A0C2817D0 - Taken by Boss Doggie. 3 entrants total.
Bastion -- MB-3D695026634CAA52 - Taken by Bboy AJ. 5 entrants total.
F.E.A.R. 2 Project Origin -- MB-002345AF6ED3B006 - Taken by grimmiq. 6 entrants total.
Frozen Synapse -- MB-D84AC75A10C60FDA - Taken by Tellaerin. 9 entrants total.
Sanctum Collection -- MB-83912D4848BFB889 - Taken by KenOD. 1 entrants total.
Burnout Paradise The Ultimate Box -- MB-752E1958B7311034 - Taken by Frustrated_Grunt. 1 entrants total.
Batman Arkham City GOTY -- MB-E7C60DF478131D8F
Nightsky -- MB-FD1D20C2FAD0F9A6 - Taken by EdmondD
FTL Faster Than Light -- MB-A643A132039B1F68 - Taken by belucheez. 16 entrants total.

t1388634752z1.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom