• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2014 |OT3| : DIE HARDEREST (HAPPY NEW YEAR WOOHOO!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grief.exe

FYI, that 200 item limit reset today. So you don't have to give any tax info to Valve.

Off the grid

Grid_ColorMix.gif

I think Valve is lazy or they made a mistake in the new section. It says the sale ends tomorrow 10 am PST. So no recap, even non-dailies say in ends tomorrow.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
This is why Valve won't hire you :lol

Amazing work as always.

Thanks! Maybe this is why they won't hire me, but in reality this should make them more money (I would think). Any time you purchase wallet funds, Valve is making money.

Everybody who isnt voting Dota 2 as GOTY is getting it wrong. So wrong they should be ashamed of themselves. We will have to answer to our children for this someday.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
The way people use the term hipster, I have no idea what it means. I got called a hipster once for wearing a nice hat, why would someone want me to not appreciate a good hat?

Also due to my stalking of the activity list (good thing Enhanced Steam doesn't track how much time is spent just on that), I noticed you got Legends of Aethereus Jshackles. Is it really as awful as people make it out to be?

Off the grid

Grid_ColorMix.gif

I was going to make a Battleship joke being on Steam, but I went to look and indeed Steam does have Battleship. http://store.steampowered.com/app/227900/
Hopefully it or a better version gets that asynchronous multiplayer.

Thanks! Maybe this is why they won't hire me, but in reality this should make them more money (I would think). Any time you purchase wallet funds, Valve is making money.

I don't think that adding the exact amount you need will help make them more money, otherwise they would do that already, they know how to to economics decisions like that.

Jedi2016

I think Valve is lazy or they made a mistake in the new section. It says the sale ends tomorrow 10 am PST. So no recap, even non-dailies say in ends tomorrow.
Hm. You're right. I just checked some items on my wishlist, and they say the discounted price ends in ~20 hours.

MRORANGE

Everybody who isnt voting Dota 2 as GOTY is getting it wrong. So wrong they should be ashamed of themselves. We will have to answer to our children for this someday.

most people who voted DOTA2, only plated one game that year :)

I played the demo on VIta and it just didn't grab me, but I keep feeling like maybe I'm missing something because of the acclaim it seems to get.

Still haven't played it, but most of SteamGAF will say its good.

MRORANGE

I don't think that adding the exact amount you need will help make them more money, otherwise they would do that already, they know how to to economics decisions like that.

It will make you more inclined to put money down, as you wont have spare change afterwards, which for me seems a waste.

I always assumed they won't do recaps, they know that people waited for the last day but now they will jump faster on any deal of a future sale.

Tizoc

Come on Acti there's at least 2 Flash sales left, you have barely made any money from Space Quest Collection, heck I don't even think JaseC has it, just let me get it for $10 or $5 already, and more people will buy it just because they realized they don't have it in their steam collection!

mannerbot

I think the Autumn sale was this same way? The current dailies are 48 hours, recap tomorrow 24 hours and sale ends for everything that's not a daily.

I bought:
Toki Tori 2+
Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet
Cook, Serve, Delicious
DmC Devil May Cry
Tomb Raider
LEGO Marvel Super Heroes
Castlevania: Lords of Shadow
Guacemelee
The Swapper
Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons
Gunpoint
Bioshock Infinite + Season Pass
Sleeping Dogs DLC
Valdis Story
Deadpool

Turfster

Man, Spelunky really loves to fuck with me.
"Oh you think you're doing fine? Well, how about this level that's 50% underwater full of piranhas? Oh, you got past that one? Okay, here's multiple spikey totem poles right next to the entrance and exit. Have fun."

Khronico

I've only bought two games this sale: Don't Starve and Agarest. Don't Starve is pretty awesome and Agarest has serious mouse lag/slowdown on my computer.

I'm thinking about grabbing maybe one more game before the sale ends. Anyone have any suggestions for a cheap, good game? (Preferably under 5 bucks).

Edit: Also SteamGAF should group up sometime for Hammerwatch coop.

Dr Dogg

Two things I just found out.

Apparently I'm going hunting the 10-12, so I only have one day to beat MGR. Let's do this!
I don't go back to school until the 21st?? Should have made the thread 'Six in January' instead of 'Three in January.'

I knocked it out in 6 hours straight in one sitting on Hard (it's a bit easier than previous Platinum games) and was one hell of a ride. If you're hands aren't shaking after a certain boss fight I'd be surprised.

Volimar

Looks like I've crafted my last snow globe. I have an extra #5 but need 2, 4, and 8. Help me steamGAF, you're my only hope!

Here, I'll post what you like in exchange.

waslfGL.jpg

feels dirty

I want that Bioshock Triple Pack but I dunno. I'm a cheap bastard that will dig for $10

By the way, I need cards #1, #2 and #10. I have two #3 and a #8 for exchange. PM me if you want to exchange cards.

Miguel81

I just added up everything I've bought, and I really think it's time to stop now.

Amazon
Mortal Kombat Komplete Edition $7.49
Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed + DLC $6.48

Fable: The Lost Chapters $1.00
DeadPool $9.99
Metro Last Light $13.60
Dungeons & Dragons: Chronicles of Mystara $3.75
Castle of Illusion $3.75
Castlevania: Lords of Shadow Ultimate Edition $9.99

Assassins Creed III: Deluxe Edition $14.99
Aliens: Colonial Marines $1.99

Steam
Bioshock Infinite $9.99
Bioshock Infinite Season Pass $4.99
Mark of the Ninja: Special Edition $3.59
Deadly Premonition: The Director's Cut $9.99

Fallout New Vegas Ultimate $6.79
Devil May Cry 3 & 4 $7.49
DmC: Devil May Cry $12.49
Guacamelee! Gold Edition $3.74
Trine 2: Complete Story $1.99
State of Decay $9.99
Shadowrun Returns $8.99
Dead Space 1 & 2 $9.99
Borderlands 2 GOTY $14.99
The Witcher 2 $4.99
Papers, Please $4.99
Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance $19.99

GMG
Resident Evil: Revelations $10.00
Skullgirls $7.49

Total: $225.51

Minus Amazon and Steam gift cards I got for Christmas, I spent $150 and change on this sale. Jesus fuck.

Great fucking choices, man(except colonial marines).

Haunted

I've recently learned that the average age of the chatting twitch.tv viewer is between 13 and 14 years.

If you keep this in mind and appropriate it to other videogame websites around the web, it explains a whole lot about shitty comments sections. :lol

Have you cleaned the inside of your computer recently?

It's been about 5 months so I should probably do that. Will that fix the issue more than likely(dust making the things overheat)? There was one area where the framerate would literally change between 55 and 60 with nothing happening whereas before no such thing ever happened(and I beat the game when it came out)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom