• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2014 |OT3| : DIE HARDEREST (HAPPY NEW YEAR WOOHOO!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
That is untrue. Just the first two. Origins and Oath have standard Zelda attack buttons.

Also, do note that the bump system from I and II is actually a bit smarter than that - collide with an enemy head on and you get damaged, attack them from sides, back or non-point blank and they get damaged. Ys II adds a magic subsystem as well, turning the game into a quasi shooter.

Wait, what. Fuck I should have bought it yesterday. JB!

One more day of sales, right? Holding out on Hate Plus and Deadly Premonition Director's Cut

Deadly premonition was a flash yesterday, so it has a chance. Don't think you'll see hate plus go further though.

For those still hesitating on Valdis Story, there's a demo available here. Seems fairly long, I didn't even beat it yet haha. I experienced massive screen tearing at first, but I went in my nVidia settings and turned on vSync and it seems to have fixed the problem. I'll very probably buy it, looks pretty cool and challenging.

vennw8lhy.png

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
If you want a 2D "character action" game full of combos and depth to it's combat, you'll have to look toward the Game Boy Advance and pick up a copy of The Legend of Spyro: The Eternal Night.
Not joking or being silly, it's actually really good.

So with Marvel Activision games being pulled from everywhere, why is Spiderman still available on Steam? Any chance it's going to stay? Kinda expensive now.

There are two different licenses when it comes to Spider-Man (hyphen is important*). There is the one based on the comic books and cartoons directed by Marvel Entertainment (e.g. Spider-Man: Shattered Dimensions and Web of Shadows) and the license based off the movies that go through Sony/Columbia such as Amazing Spider-Man.

Amazing Spider-Man is quite safe to hold on before buying it if you are worried as they have a far longer lasting license deal with Activision and are quite happy with the situation. Meanwhile Marvel Entertainment wasn't happy with Activision and the state of affairs for low scoring and wildly panned titles such as X-Men Destiny or Deadpool.

* Without the hyphen you deal with a Spiderman owned by DC Comics (a villain) or a boss fight in Shinobi with SEGA or just a generic monster (common fantasy trope of half spider, half-man, all terrible art).

I just want to say that Toki Tori 2+ is an amazing game and everyone should buy it.

Aye, that it is. Even though I lost my save file and Steam for some reason decided I hadn't play a single second of it, I'm not mad as it means I get to play it over again.

Mattiator

VVVVVV
Valdis Story: Abyssal City
XCOM: Enemy Within
Alan Wake Bundle
The Swapper
Bioshock
Gunpoint
Don't Starve
Lost Planet 3
Van Helsing I: Complete Pack
Cook, Serve, Delicious!
Papers, Please
Shelter
Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Legendary edition
DuckTales Remastered

I also gifted
Shelter
Don't starve x2
Terraria

This sale wasn't too bad for me.

Coldsun

Banned
So with Marvel Activision games being pulled from everywhere, why is Spiderman still available on Steam? Any chance it's going to stay? Kinda expensive now.

Sony currently holds the rights to spiderman movies and merchandising. That's why.

Jintor

Deadly Premonition's been in a sale twice now.
I really hope Hate Plus goes on sale, tho.

Deadly premonition was a flash yesterday, so it has a chance. Don't think you'll see hate plus go further though.

You missed DP but it could be part of the repeats we'll probably get tomorrow.

What? Goddamnit.

Was it the last batch? I conked out for a few hours, might've missed an entire flash sale period

WisK

Neo Member
I keep a file called "steam keys.txt" I may as well prune it for the new year.
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 7 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Mark of the Ninja -- MB-C46D9EC5D5B430A5
Shank 2 -- MB-81083A365FCB5412
Metro 2033 -- MB-29C3A924B77E230A
Bastion -- MB-4B5B977E9080AE4D
Trine -- MB-F571A8EF8CAFA150
Cave Story Plus -- MB-AE1797C5FB7BBFB0
Limbo -- MB-8056D3B3A6247691

t1388632551z1.png

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
I'm totally cool with Valdis not having DMC style combat (never cared for that style myself). Isn't Dust: An Elysian Tail kind of DMC style combat already? People looking for combo heavy stuff should maybe look that direction as far as indie metroidvania-ish games go.

It isn't as crazy as DMC (that's Dust for certain), but it isn't really stretching the truth to say that Valdis does borrow a lot from the DMC series. It has spots on a certain tree that give you higher attack, depending on the level of your combo. With the second character I was juggling shit and dashing all over the place. You've also got different strings, depending on what buttons you press...just like DMC and NG. If people are looking for something closer to DMC, then that's DUST.

I also need to get to that, right after I finish The Swapper. >.>

Master Reboot might be my last purchase for this sale.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
;3; I am very humbled. I got gifts for friends and you guys, so I guess some gifting back is not completely unexpected, but between Honorless gifting me Deadpool last night when it was going of store and my funds for this sale run-dried, a friend just gifting me DayZ out of the blue, it still is a very good feeling to know people enjoy what you give others and care enough to goft back, a very heart-warming, giddy feeling~ on-top of things like Resident Evil Outbreak havin online availability again, this has me in a very humbled and happy mood for the start of this New Year!

Gvaz

Banned
What? Goddamnit.

Was it the last batch? I conked out for a few hours, might've missed an entire flash sale period

It was a flash sale once later in the day, then one that was on at 6am-1pm or w hatever. I missed that one completely

Wookieomg

Do you guys think Recettear will be a daily or a flash deal between now and the end of the sale? :( It hasn't dropped in price at all so far.

Link Man

Banned
Just installed the Air Skin for the Steam client. Quick question:

In grief.exe's screenshot earlier in the thread, there were no margins between the games while in grid mode. How can that be achieved?

Im_Special

So do we have 1 more day of sales or is tomorrow at roll over it, every timer is set to end on 17 hours and the New page even says "runs until January 2nd"

Do you guys think Recettear will be a daily or a flash deal between now and the end of the sale? :( It hasn't dropped in price at all so far.

Hmmm... I'm pretty sure Recettear was a daily or flash deal at some point this sale. Or maybe I'm thinking of the Thanksgiving sale. I thought I remembered seeing it on sale though.

Otherwise just keep watching to see if it goes on a flash sale and if not, get it the last day.

Link Man

Banned
Hmmm... I'm pretty sure Recettear was a daily or flash deal at some point this sale. Or maybe I'm thinking of the Thanksgiving sale. I thought I remembered seeing it on sale though.

Otherwise just keep watching to see if it goes on a flash sale and if not, get it the last day.

I think it was a Flash sale.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
ns community has and always will persist.

Man I played the tutorial and there's like numbers and shit. Map is all big and there's all these abilities and pokemon evolutions. I don't want to play freaking dota.

I just want a rifle, a motion tracker, and xenomorphs. No predators, no killcams, no qtes...why hasn't that game been made
by a dev other than gearbox
? The game pretty much designs itself. There's literally first-person camera shots in Aliens.

Dusk Golem

This better be done in the US at some point.
They want to do it for both US an PAL games, but need more info and old saves of the US's and PAL's online network stuff, as they worked differently than the Japanese servers and there isn't a current archive of the network files to reverse-engineer. I only know the basics, far better explained on the projects forum, but want to do the US and PAL versions if possible.

Dusk Golem

Going to hold a Metal Gear Rising raffle on the 9th so be prepared guys. o: I'll be giving away two copies.
Infinite, very kind of you. Funny to sometimes see you here as well as stream chats these days, I should mention. But also want to comment your current profile pic makes me think you'd be able to do a pretty good Madotuski cosplay from Yume Nikki.

Sure many here will be happy with the giveaway~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom