• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2014 |OT3| : DIE HARDEREST (HAPPY NEW YEAR WOOHOO!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TronLight

Everybody is Mikkelsexual
A2LhGqp.jpg
?
iQn4h1wR9FTg2.png

I keep a folder with some of my avis somewhere on the laptop.

What the hell is this. :lol

I crafted my first badge and got a rare item for warframe. I saw that a few days ago it was going for about $4 but now its more like 40 cents. Any chance of it going back up? Or should I just list it?

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Maybe I should just get stalker at 33% off, I've been waiting too long for them all to be in a perfect little cheap bundle.

They're never gonna be a bundle, so poach them as cheap as you can(want).

I got them for -50% and I still need to devote time to finishing Shadows. Gunplay is messing with me.

For people with Deadpool, do you also have trouble maintaining 60 FPS no matter the setting? Game seems stuck at around 56 FPS no matter whether I play it at 1080P or 2880xwhatever. Worried my computer is on the fritz.

I crafted my first badge and got a rare item for warframe. I saw that a few days ago it was going for about $4 but now its more like 40 cents. Any chance of it going back up? Or should I just list it?

Did you check the whole listing of the item? There are really weird undercutters in the market. Next item could be way higher.

Colin.

This Steam sale alone has netted me 30 games, through my own purchases, and gifts. That isn't even including bundles and such. Maybe I will play them all some day...

drizzle

Axel Hertz
70% discount on an Early Access title?

Those are fire sale, "last ditch effort because we're not getting any money from this game anymore" levels of discount. And the game is not even released yet?

How long until it shows up on IndieGameStand for a dollar or something? I mean, the current price is not much more than that, but I just feel weird about it.

Ryne

Trying my hand at this steam card selling, no bites so far. I just want a few more cents to buy another game.

mannerbot

Im using a hori real acrade pro 3 windows 7 64 bit sees it and I have been able to use the stick on big picture mode to scroll and select

Ah, that's really weird then because I think that it should work out of the box. I have a custom PS3 stick and it works without installing additional drivers or anything (Cthulhu board though).

Quick search brought up this Steam forums thread: http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1996426

Since those guys aren't having any problems with the stick, maybe try unplugging it and plugging it back in, restarting, etc. Sorry I can't be of more help!

If you don't mind being patient; just sit on it for a couple of months. You might be able to get a bit more. Sounds like everyone is just offloading since you can still acquire it via crafting badges.

Eusis

Any opinions on Delver anyway? I like the look of it, but being a roguelike I sort of wonder if the visuals and perspective are all that make it stand out.

Kadin

How is Hammerwatch as a SP game? Reminds me of the old school Gauntlet arcade game from many years past which definitely begged for multiplayer. Aging myself right there but I'm cool with that. ;)

FloatOn

Yeah that's the right spot. Only a few mods go to funky locations. Here's a overarching guide of the basics and advanced tips and tricks.

Only real problem I had with modding Fallout 3 was the executable is only 32bit and isn't large address aware by default so can only access 2gb of memory. If you go crazy you'll probably get lock ups and crashes but you'd have to be looking at 50+ mods got that. It's easily sortable though with some tools freely available.

FO3 with mods can looks insane, NV even better.

thanks dr dogg. I'll keep you posted on how this goes. I really appreciate the advice.

I'm only looking to really spruce up a few things. As I understand fallout 3 and new vegas are pretty dated these days.

If you don't mind being patient; just sit on it for a couple of months. You might be able to get a bit more. Sounds like everyone is just offloading since you can still acquire it via crafting badges.

Just sell it then. Those cents can accumulate a surprising amount of money.

Hmm what to do, what to do. I actually sold all of the cards I had during the first few days and made about $11. Didn't spend more than a dollar out of pocket this sale and i got 4 games I think. I'm not desperate for the 50 cents so I'll try my hand at waiting it out a while. Here's to hoping for a price jump!

Arma 2, yes or no?
I have only played a little bit of operation arrowhead, so i'll say that If you can deal with the bugs, shitty gunplay and want to try dayz(if you buy combined operations), i think it's worth it. I would've never paid more than €5 on it, so for 3,99 it's a pretty good deal imo. no cards tho :p

AsylumX

What a great day... Bought Valdis and Mark of Ninja DLC on steam, and I finally caved in and bought Sonic Kart on Amazon against my good judgement...

Hmm what to do, what to do. I actually sold all of the cards I had during the first few days and made about $11. Didn't spend more than a dollar out of pocket this sale and i got 4 games I think. I'm not desperate for the 50 cents so I'll try my hand at waiting it out a while. Here's to hoping for a price jump!

Considering it was Christmas only item, it could be raised in price. But I don't really expect it.

honorless

We don't have "get out of jail free" cards, but if we did, she'd have one.
This is true, but I think it's also important to keep in mind the size of the active playerbase.

So you're (as in MisterRoboto) looking at anywhere from 6-12k people playing Warframe regularly. And regular players are gonna be the ones who care enough to possibly pay for your items. Since there are 7851 of those "rare" weapons out there, that's a pretty high percentage of the playerbase covered when it comes to supply. And you have to remember, some of them probably got it from forging badges, so they don't need to buy it from you.

I'm not sure if the price will recover...but at least there's some chance of it, particularly if the game is growing. The common and uncommon items may as well be Zimbabwean dollars.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom