• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2014 |OT3| : DIE HARDEREST (HAPPY NEW YEAR WOOHOO!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

rrs

Has Rouge Legacy been on sale for cheaper earlier this sale? Would it be smarter to wait till tomorrow or should I bite the bullet? It's already half off, don't know if it's been on sale previously...

It was on sale at least once

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Cool. Cool cool cool.

tumblr_mmpjht3Uvm1sqhaa9o1_250.gif

Lots of new features in the next version. :)

Ifrit

Has Rouge Legacy been on sale for cheaper earlier this sale? Would it be smarter to wait till tomorrow or should I bite the bullet? It's already half off, don't know if it's been on sale previously...

It has been almost $5 this sale (around $4.90 something)

I'm also hoping for a sale of that one again since I didn't buy it last time

legacyzero

Banned
Are you streaming Nether right now Legacy?

Also, can you write a brief synopsis/impressions on the game, or link me to one you have already?

Not streaming at the moment, but I did a couple times.
http://www.twitch.tv/legacyzero/b/491120936
http://www.twitch.tv/legacyzero/b/491128750

It's an early access, and is still rough around the edges. But it's really the same situation as DayZ is. You are all alone, in a city type setting looking for supplies, and trying to stay alive. PVP and Kill on site are still a very real threat as well. The difference is, there are a few safe zone type areas where you can purchase goods, ammo, food, first aid, etc. Also do missions between safe zones (like courier type missions where you take a package from one safe zone to another on the other side of the city for money.

The main attraction are the "NETHER", a beastly type foe that is capable of warping in and out of your dimension. Their weakness is they are mostly blind, however sensitive to sound. So sprinting in a building like an idiot while around a Nether will get you attacked pretty quick.

Also, most buildings have interiors and/or scaffolding to climb on the outside of it.

Another great way of getting around are subway tunnels. CREEPY!

If this is the level of awesome that they are offering, and still patching in content (they just patched in a wingsuit, and a new "GOLEM" nether monther), I can't wait to see what the end game will be. Was worth every penny.

derExperte

It has been almost $5 this sale (around $4.90 something)

I'm also hoping for a sale of that one again since I didn't buy it last time

It's 4.99 here: https://www.humblebundle.com/store/p/roguelegacy_storefront

I'm too lazy to read the FAQ's. What does this snow globe card collecting thing accomplish?

If you own 100 cards they will turn into HL3 on Friday.

Sajjaja

Anyone got cards 1, 5, 9? I got an extra 2 I could give. Pls, i need globe pls. pls gif.

Also, I'm guessing there is no chance that CSD will go on sale anymore. Says the Holiday price ends in 14 hours.

kurahador

Man...I really wants to play Dayz, Nether, Rust and the like. But the lag and early access thing scares me off. Not to mention the gameplay videos I've seen looks really rough.

I wish there's an AAA level kind of game in this genre.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Man...I really wants to play Dayz, Nether, Rust and the like. But the lag and early access thing scares me off. Not to mention the gameplay videos I've seen looks really rough.

I wish there's an AAA level kind of game in this genre.

Try DayZ's mod for $5-8 right now through Arma2's sale?

Just realized unlike the snow globes, the summer sale cards don't seem to expire at all. Crafted an extra summer badge with some spare wallet cash because I was halfway there anyway. Bumped me up to Level 13 so yay?

rrs

Anyone got cards 1, 5, 9? I got an extra 2 I could give. Pls, i need globe pls. pls gif.

Also, I'm guessing there is no chance that CSD will go on sale anymore. Says the Holiday price ends in 14 hours.

Yeah, I can 1:1 trade numbered cards. Clicky here

So should i Buy Arma complete to play the Dayz Mod. Cheaper than the actual standalone game right?

Yes, but standalone will sooner or later be a better overall game.

denx

Just realized unlike the snow globes, the summer sale cards don't seem to expire at all. Crafted an extra summer badge with some spare wallet cash because I was halfway there anyway. Bumped me up to Level 13 so yay?

Yeah, I was hopeful that the Summer cards not expiring would make them more valuable as time went on (because of dwindling numbers and such), but instead it has driven their prices to the ground. Summer cards are selling for like 5 cents now.

Not nearly enough to fund Valdis Story, damn it!

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Come on Acti there's at least 2 Flash sales left, you have barely made any money from Space Quest Collection, heck I don't even think JaseC has it, just let me get it for $10 or $5 already, and more people will buy it just because they realized they don't have it in their steam collection!

Haha, I keep forgetting to buy it because:

AllowPurchaseFromRestrictedCountries No
PurchaseRestrictedCountries AU NZ

Thanks for nothing, Acti. I've overspent as it is and still need to get my hands on Guardians of Middle-earth so Space Quest will have to wait.

Coppanuva

So then...I should buy Valdis?

If you like side-scrolling action games and the more recent 2d-castlevania game style exploration, yes. I've only put about 1 hours in (2 if you count me having to mess with settings and controllers to get the framerate to work) but it's solid fun so far and I'm enjoying.

Yeah, I was hopeful that the Summer cards not expiring would make them more valuable as time went on (because of dwindling numbers and such), but instead it has driven their prices to the ground. Summer cards are selling for like 5 cents now.

Not nearly enough to fund Valdis Story, damn it!

Haha yeah I tried to sell all my trading cards for Valdis to no avail. Managed to get £1.16 for my troubles. Figure if I craft some badges and up my level, then odds of boosters go up as well so I could stand to gain in the long run better from that?

honorless

We don't have "get out of jail free" cards, but if we did, she'd have one.
Yeah, the big problem with the summer sale cards is that the bolded never ended up happening. There are ~30,000 more copies of each card on the market now than there were when the sale ended.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
I just bought the rest of the Bit.Trip games, which means they will show up on the humble bundle tomorrow.

mannerbot

Haha yeah I tried to sell all my trading cards for Valdis to no avail. Managed to get £1.16 for my troubles. Figure if I craft some badges and up my level, then odds of boosters go up as well so I could stand to gain in the long run better from that?

Definitely not, or at least not enough to offset the cost of the cards to level up the badges. There's a limited number of booster packs going out and a lot of very high-level users, getting to level 20 isn't gonna appreciably increase your drops.

denx

Probably, but thing is the frequency of booster drops is tied to how many people are crafting badges for that particular game, so it can be pretty unreliable even when leveling up. I'm only level 20 though, maybe people with higher levels can say wether or not you get more boosters as you level up.

btw, I got my second Super Meat Boy booster today.

Definitely not, or at least not enough to offset the cost of the cards to level up the badges. There's a limited number of booster packs going out and a lot of very high-level users, getting to level 20 isn't gonna appreciably increase your drops.

Ah, had not thought of that, presumed that the random boosters were plentiful enough that even low levels might get a few from time to time, that sounds more like I'll be lucky to ever see one. Ho hum : (

Coldsun

Banned

You'll be spending enough cash to upgrade your badge level that it'll take litterally years to make the money back off of increased drops (unless you get lucky and get frequent foils).
This is coming from a level 40 (not particularly high or low)

Hop

That girl in the bunny hat
Last-minute-ish repost.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 6 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can entry for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Sonic 3 & Knuckles -- MB-55E228A466BAD2CD
Mean Bean Machine -- MB-53C5E3A28B1DA538
Sonic 2 -- MB-61172CDF4C4B5E71
Sonic 1 -- MB-2B6D3CFAF398146A
Sonic 3D Blast -- MB-A3D1A4BEBA4F8A68
Sonic Spinball -- MB-FC7D8AA2E5C0D4B1

t1388634934z1.png

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
Thoughts on Slender?

Slender: The Arrival impressions from phone:

Slender: The Arrival is my favorite Slender-related game. It's not very long, about 2-3 hours to beat the first time, but there is some good replaybility and some very cool secrets, including a very well hidden level (which is the scariest part of the game, holy shit). The game is created by the two people who made Slender who he is today, the guy who made the original Slender: Eight Pages, and with a story by Marble Hornets, the people who made the Marble Hornets Slender series of videos.

The game is actually a fair bit cinematic, not in the sense of how taking control or forced set-pieces or anything, but on how presentation, pacing, and progression are handled. You start out in day read making your way to the house of a close friend, but something is amiss...

The stages are actually quite varied. There is a stage that is just like the classic Slender grab pages style, but different stages hold different goals, threats, and legitimate feel quite a bit different. They have a remade version of the original Slender Eight Pages stage away from the story as well, if interested in that. I don't want to say too much for spoilers, but Slender: Eight Pages does not scare me, Arrival scares me several times. There's good randomization element as well, and difficulties and the like to keep things interesting.

If you don't mind its short length and the sort of cinematic flair it has, Slender is different than other titles in a sort of more coherent experience and budget to allow a more thorough adventure that still manages to be rather ambiguous.

Via DuskGolem

Morris

Disco Devil
Just need 2 more cards!

Spare: 4, 10

Add me

Edit: Got the ones I needed thanks to Michael Macmanus (not sure what your GAF handle is) and thecharrr. Thanks!

denx

Yeah, the big problem with the summer sale cards is that the bolded never ended up happening. There are ~30,000 more copies of each card on the market now than there were when the sale ended.

I thought Summer cards stopped being given when the sale ended. How did that happen?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom