• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2014 |OT3| : DIE HARDEREST (HAPPY NEW YEAR WOOHOO!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Copons

I doubt something as large as Steam would implode in one day, we will be able to see that coming for a year.

Holy mother of god, considering our summed backlog, I can imagine that year will be the end of planet Earth, with millions of people suddenly stopping working to finish all their hundreds of never-launched never-remembered games as soon as possible.

That's too much power in the hands of a single Gaben. :(

It's been 75% off before. The base game's very much worth it at twenty bucks. If you want to wait for a price drop that's not too bad of an idea either as I recommend grabbing two DLCs. The Old Gods and Legacy of Rome make Crusader Kings II go from a great game to an absolutely phenomenal one IMO. Sons of Abraham (The Newest one) is pretty neat too but not a must have. The Music and Portrait parks also aren't required but they give the game some neat little flavor.

Thanks for the info. The amount of DLC for this game is a bit silly and makes it hard to know what to pick up and leave behind, but the content seems fairly solid. I'll probably wait until I can get the CK II Collection for a bit cheaper than $40, as the two packs you mentioned are $10 by themselves right now...might as well go whole hog.

Oublieux

Ok thanks. So other foils and booster packs will just drop randomly then when I'm not playing a game?

You grab cards for a game by playing it (or... idling), but there's a limit to the number you can obtain. After that, if you are the appropriate level on Steam, you will randomly get booster packs that have 3 randomized cards.

Sajjaja

Ok thanks. So other foils and booster packs will just drop randomly then when I'm not playing a game?

A limited number of cards can drop while you're playing a game. These cards can be foiled or non-foiled, purely based on chance with the higher probability being non-foil. Typically around 4-6 cards per game.

Booster packs are given when someone on your friend's list crafts a badge. Not to everyone on that crafter's friends list, but a random person.

Alright GAF. I'm about to admit a cardinal sin... I've never played halflife, ever. Is halflife complete worth it? Will it run on my surface pro?

Eusis

Alright GAF. I'm about to admit a cardinal sin... I've never played halflife, ever. Is halflife complete worth it? Will it run on my surface pro?
Yes and probably. Games like Civ V are playable on Surface Pros, and Half Life 1 came out in 1998 and Half LIfe 2 in 2004 and was able to run very smoothly even on relatively weak computers as I recall. Should be a piece of cake.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
I wonder whether Rogue Legacy will appear the upcoming a Humble Bundle. I either wait and see or buy it now for $5.

Benedict

Neither Drinkbox Games or Pixeljunk Games have been in any HB yet, think there is (should be) a great chance they will soon. At least I hope so.
They would sell really well.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
some dude wanted Freedom Force vs Third Reich from GMG earlier, but thats not a steam key dude, not sure If you didnt notice that

Arthea

What's the point of buying hundreds of games if all you play is Magic 2014 and Civ5?
Oh, but you can play them all, if you had time!

I'm kinda glad that sale is over. I'm too weak to withstand so many temptations.
Next will be the last flash sale, it seems.

What's the point of buying hundreds of games if all you play is Magic 2014 and Civ5?

I'm kinda glad that sale is over. I'm too weak to withstand so many temptations.

I'm in the same boat, to make things worse, I play F2P games like path of exile and rift, why do I pay for games !?

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
Oh god, I forgot how big of a pain this bat boss in Ys 1 is... Out of health potions, no mirror, at the bottom of this dang maze, do you think I really want to slog back down here again after I stock up? I'm going in dry.

Avenge me, brothers.
I salute you, who are about to die. Also (spoiled for unsolicited help)
isn't there a Heal Ring on the floor above the boss? That lets you heal even in dungeons if you stand still.

Also quick question for everyone... is there a way to check games' file sizes in the Steam client? I'm on free internet with low download speeds (like 10 kb/s), so even a game that's just shy of a gigabyte will take 6+ hours to download.

edit: loool dumb question. It's on the first of the windows that open when you try to install a game. I'm dumb

Kadin

You'll probably wish it was still around next week when this thread is closed up and we don't have a cool single thread to talk about all things Steam, Humble, Amazon, sales, opinions, etc. in.

I know I will. These past few weeks have been a lot of fun for me but as you can see, I'm pretty new here too.

Tellaerin

You'll probably wish it was still around next week when this thread is closed up and we don't have a cool single thread to talk about all things Steam, Humble, Amazon, sales, opinions, etc. in.

I know I will. These past few weeks have been a lot of fun for me but as you can see, I'm pretty new here too.

When the sale's over, we'll move back to the regular Steam thread where we talk about those things. There'll be good conversation and lots of Saoirse gifs. You're more than welcome to join us. : )

Sajjaja

It's called the Steam thread :) This is just a sale thread, the normal Steam thread welcomes all of that chatter.

Arthea

I'm in the same boat, to make things worse, I play F2P games like path of exile and rift, why do I pay for games !?

That is even worse!
I'm glad I didn't get into DOTA, because then it would be: I only play a f2p game: *buys 200 games* (><)

We will still have the steam thread.

edited: beaten as a bullied kid

Lain

Just woke up. I missed the Street Fighter x Tekken deal yesterday since the store didn't wont to work and I gave up and went to sleep, but that's probably for the better, more money left for other games to buy, which brings me to the question:
How's Delver?
on second thought, I'll just search the thread!

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
When the sale's over, we'll move back to the regular Steam thread where we talk about those things. There'll be good conversation and lots of Saoirse gifs. You're more than welcome to join us. : )

you forgot the ModBot. Saoirse gifs and ModBot posts, that is 75% of the steam thread

edit: Lain! were you the one that said Blood Knights had a incest thing going with the dude and the chick? I must find this gaffer that lied to me lol (or I must see the world through his eyes o_O)

Sajjaja

Hey guys, for Deus Ex HR, is the only option to get Missing Link while having the standard version to upgrade to the Directors Cut?

Because vanilla and the DLC aren't available anymore =/

I read here that the DC is buggier or something.

Lain

you forgot the ModBot. Saoirse gifs and ModBot posts, that is 75% of the steam thread

edit: Lain! were you the one that said Blood Knights had a incest thing going with the dude and the chick? I must find this gaffer that lied to me lol (or I must see the world through his eyes o_O)

Nope! The most I said about Blood Knights is that it wasn't good, but still sort of fun to play!
I think it was Demonicon the one with the brother trying to get into the sister's pants, but at this point I'm not even sure anymore.

In other news, I searched the thread and found lots of questions about how's Delver, but not a single answer. That doesn't speak too well of how good the game might be.

Rhaknar

thank you to Dunderhassan for helping me get Lego Marvel from amazon. and for everyone else that offered to help on PMs

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
So, Guardians of Middle-earth will be six months old next month and that's exactly how old Gotham City Impostors was before WB re-released it as an F2P title.

Just throwing that out there for anybody who cares about this stuff and has yet to pick it up. ;)

Arthea

LltQueen is so nicely complex, I'm trying to die all ways possible
(it seems to be 11 of those)
and damn if I have easy time with it! It's hard to die in a new unseen way!

So, Guardians of Middle-earth will be six months old next month and that's exactly how old Gotham City Impostors was before WB re-released it as an F2P title.

Just throwing that out there for anybody who cares about this stuff and has yet to pick it up. ;)

You think they'll go f2p too? Does it really help a game if it's not popular? I mean going f2p, I don't remember a game that benefited of it unless it's MMO.

Neverfade

Isn't the sale supposed to go through Friday?

Several discounted games (not deals of the day) say the offer ends at 1pm EST tomorrow.

Que?

Rhaknar

It's all in your head man

its not I sware >_< and now Lain says maybe its Demonicon... and now I must have Demonicon :(

I must know!

edit: from the GMG description:

"The Dark Eye - Demonicon tells the tragic story of a brother and sister who become pawns of sinister forces in a world of cruelty and depravity."

Oh shit it WAS Demonicon.

dani_dc

LltQueen is so nicely complex, I'm trying to die all ways possible
(it seems to be 11 of those)
and damn if I have easy time with it! It's hard to die in a new unseen way!

Acheived
7 so far,
going to try and get the remaining ones.
Not quite sure how to get them just yet, but that's part of the fun.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
all deals end in 9 hours according to counters, at least, all I checked. I assume sale ends in 9 hours.

Walking Dead Season 2, Desktop Dungeons and Dead Sky have 32+ hours left, so I'm guessing most deals will end today but the games which are to be included in the recap will continue on another 24 hours.

Edit: That doesn't necessarily mean some of the games labeled as ending today won't show back up in the recap.

Copons

Walking Dead Season 2 and Dead Sky have 32+ hours left, so I'm guessing most deals will end today but the games which are to be included in the recap will continue on another 24 hours.

You mean Dead Sky is going to be featured in the recap? I don't know anyone who ever bought it... :D

Rhaknar

Walking Dead Season 2, Desktop Dungeons and Dead Sky have 32+ hours left, so I'm guessing most deals will end today but the games which are to be included in the recap will continue on another 24 hours.

wtf is Dead Sky, never heard of it (adds to wishlist)

Gvaz

Banned
Need a question answered:

I installed TitanQuest.

I want to know if there are mods that will work with steam. Where do I go and what do I do?

Myshkin

"The Dark Eye - Demonicon tells the tragic story of a brother and sister who become pawns of sinister forces in a world of cruelty and depravity."

Oh shit it WAS Demonicon.

Where's that GIF?

what I bought - Blood Knights
what I expected - Incest!
what I got - Count Chocula

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom