• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday trading/giving away thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Petrie

Banned
Buncha stuff for trade, just shoot me an offer!

Shadow harvest phantom ops
Empire napoleon
Saints row 2
E.Y.E. divine cybermancy x3
coal x3

Want: any interesting offers I don't have really.

Relax.MX

Someone with a extra of Pay Day?

Already snatched it up guys. Deal is done ^_^

U4ekW.jpg

Spy

Omg, golden coupons exist!

Sup.

On the topic of trading, this Steam sale is very eye opening to me. The amount of people that are either scammers or plain desperate is incredible: I just saw some guy offering CS:S for a Valve Complete pack, there are lots of people with 30+ coal right now and I bet more than half of them have multiple accounts, people trying to get high profile games for a couple of 2$ games and a lot of coupons...

I thought that I could get some cool games this sale trading coal and reasonable coupons, but I seriously will try to trade just here from now on. I may offer less coals than I should because I don't know how many should I offer or something like that, but I'd honestly feel terrible ripping off people. At least most of you guys are reasonable :(

Sup.

On the topic of trading, this Steam sale is very eye opening to me. The amount of people that are either scammers or plain desperate is incredible: I just saw some guy offering CS:S for a Valve Complete pack, there are lots of people with 30+ coal right now and I bet more than half of them have multiple accounts, people trying to get high profile games for a couple of 2$ games and a lot of coupons...

I thought that I could get some cool games this sale trading coal and reasonable coupons, but I seriously will try to trade just here from now on. I may offer less coals than I should because I don't know how many should I offer or something like that, but I'd honestly feel terrible ripping off people. At least most of you guys are reasonable :(

People gonna people. There are folks out there paying 1 penny for the humble indie bundles and then using those games to trade in steam.

There really is no set value or even an assumed value for coal here. Seems to somewhat be trading at around a dollar, but I think most people are offering random amounts of what they have and that is usually around 3 or 4 pieces.

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
I just got the Valve Complete Pack for shooting down Santa in Defcom. What are the chances I could get Arkham City for it?

Petrie

Banned
I just got the Valve Complete Pack for shooting down Santa in Defcom. What are the chances I could get Arkham City for it?
Somebody else has been trying to make that trade since yesterday. Unlikely, most people simply have most of the stuff they'd want from that pack.

Id probably do it for 5 or so, just to take a chance on getting something new and helping a Gaffer.
Ok, I like your reasoning ;) But sadly it's too much for me as 5 coal is all I have right now, if I'm lucky tomorrow (yeah, if I don't get a coupon then I feel lucky) and get 3 or 4 more I'll PM you to see if you still have it.

Have:

Serious Sam First Encounter HD
The Orange Box
Dreamfall + The Longest Journey Pack
-66% Two Worlds II
-33% Valve
5 Coal

Want:
A game I don't already own. Check here: http://steamcommunity.com/id/DyslexicAlucard
DOTA 2

Use my Steam account to contact me, or PM me here. Keep in mind that if you're going to be offering coal for a game pack, it has to be somewhat substantial. Please don't come at me with "Two coal for TLJ pack, yes?"... No. The best way to get a trade from me would be to offer a game that you didn't necessarily win, but would still save you money over just buying it.

Example: Gifting me E.Y.E.: Divine Cybermancy and Avadon ($2.50 each) and getting The Orange Box (on sale for $10 now). Not saying I won't consider games people have won, but this is probably the easiest and most effective way to go about things.

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
Somebody else has been trying to make that trade since yesterday. Unlikely, most people simply have most of the stuff they'd want from that pack.

That's sort of what I figured. It's a fantastic deal...For anyone who isn't already a PC gamer. What I need is to find a chump who not only wants to give it to someone else, but is willing to trade away a new game for the privilege of doing so. Someone brimming with Christmas spirit, generosity, and chumpitude.

Yes sir, a kind soul who would take no greater pleasure than bestowing the joy of the Valve Complete pack on someone, but also the joy of punching people in the face on me.

Well, I can only wait and hope. In the meanwhile, I can amuse myself by whitewashing this fence.

Kraut

Have:
50% Oddworld Stranger coupon
50% Oddworld Abe's Odessy coupon
50% Dungeons Franchise coup
33% Valve coupon (lolz)

Want:
Dota 2

I would happily give all my stash for Dota 2.

I have a 50% off valve voucher (for after sale) and a steam humble bundle #3 (crayon physics,VVVVVV, hammerfight, and yet it moves, cogs) code if someone wants to trade for a copy of blur. Please pm if interested.

Artofwar420

Have: 7 Coal, 66% Prototype coupon, various Valve coupons and 10% THQ coupon

Want: Polynomial or PAM or Avadon or DEFCON or Skydrift or Divinity II.

Taken.

coopolon

There is way more coal being offered than games being traded for coal. Which sucks for me since I only have coal. :(

I think $1=coal ratio suggested is pretty crazy.

Petrie

Banned
21Dcc.jpg

Want - offer me something
Anything here you'd take for the portal 2?

Buncha stuff for trade, just shoot me an offer!

Shadow harvest phantom ops
Empire napoleon
Saints row 2
E.Y.E. divine cybermancy x3
coal x3

Want: any interesting offers I don't have really.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
Will trade :

Valve 25%
Valve 25%
Valve 33%
Valve 50%
Gratuitous space battles 50%
Dirt 3 50%
Game of Thrones 33%

All of the coupons combined for ONE of these :

Oddworld strangers wrath
Beyond good and evil

Euphor!a

Banned
Anyone have any coal they want to trade? I only need one piece to craft something. Only coupons I have that are worth anything I guess are 50% off the Strongbad game, 50% from publisher Meridian, and 25% off Publisher 1C.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom