• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2015 - Steam GOTY results: Delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Terra_Ex

whoa I was looking at Lains screenshots and I did not expect that haha
Dat tentacle... Yep, I need to go back to playing this game.

But on a more serious note, an actual VN with Huniepop's dialogue sensibilities would be a welcome change from the type to which I'm become accustomed. Totally didn't expect the f-bombs to start flying when all those prim and proper anime ladies appeared on screen. PepsimanVsJoe's review pretty much summed up my thoughts on it.

Backlogger

I would really like to see Rogue Squadron 3D on Steam. I might actually get it from GOG, I love that game.

I still have my copy of Rogue Squadron (N64) and Rogue Leader (GC) around there somewhere. I would kill for a new entry in the series.

I just want to know when we are getting Maniac Mansion and Zak McKracken on GOG and/or Steam

Dr Dogg

When it comes to technical details, I would sooner take my nan's opinion over TB's. And in the realms of services I for one am glad Microsoft had nothing to show short of some Xbox One connectivity and maybe a few 1st party dalliances with exclusivity.

All I want out of an OS is an open platform that's stable, unobtrusive and doesn't get in the way of letting the applications flourish. All the other stuff you may want you can add yourself because it's an open platform. I don't want an OS with every feature and function I may want and a whole lot of shit I certainly don't being forced into my face in 5 minute intervals surrounded by a lot of flashing, signing and dancing adverts.

Is there a list of good guesses for BeMine 17?
Seems like it has Cinders and Last Inua. Anything else?
EDIT: Also Majestic Nights.

Doesn't seem very interesting.

I can't access that link here, but other than not being worth the money, is it worth the playtime? A memorable experience at all?

It's basically more SR4, but with different visuals. Instead of shooting aliens you're shooting demons. Most of the powers are the same except for shallow differences. You'll hardly notice because the screen is covered in explosions and death anyway.

Flying is the best part, I actually collected all of the stupid orbs just because I liked the flying that much.

-No missions (all side-activities)
-New city but there's nothing to do
-About 15-20 hours of content but it's all padding.

It just feels like something to do instead of nothing, if that makes any sense. It's for SR4 fans who don't want to play through SR4 again.

It's basically more SR4, but with different visuals. Instead of shooting aliens you're shooting demons. Most of the powers are the same except for shallow differences. You'll hardly notice because the screen is covered in explosions and death anyway.

Flying is the best part, I actually collected all of the stupid orbs just because I liked the flying that much.

-No missions (all side-activities)
-New city but there's nothing to do
-About 15-20 hours of content but it's all padding.

It just feels like something to do instead of nothing, if that makes any sense. It's for SR4 fans who don't want to play through SR4 again.

I really enjoyed SR4 mainly for flying, I will buy gat on the cheap since I missed the 5 dollar workaround.

tradingcard
tradingcard
tradingcard
Cards Alert
tradingcard
tradingcard
tradingcard

Crypt of the NecroDancer got cards.

autoduelist

Lol, I ran across a review on Steam that crossreferenced Questrun.
So I look that up, read up on it and wishlist it.
Then I notice it's been in 7 bundles. 7. And I missed them all somehow, dangit.

BruteUA

Here this will stop you from wanting to revisit the game altogether:

The current GOG release will require you to:
-Play at ~20 frames a second max
-Play at 640x480 to hit that max framerate
-Set up a Joy2Key profile

That did it, thanks. Now I'm back to wondering why I don't just pop Rogue Leader in my Wii. Always seems like a great idea until I'm in a position to do it, then it becomes "meh, fuck it".

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Nabs, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Nabs, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

The Next Penelope #3 -- MB-82F3CA76AAB505A8 - Taken by bigzgod. 38 entrants total.
The Next Penelope #2 -- MB-7BE815BE493A1129 - Taken by Jadax. 30 entrants total.
The Next Penelope -- MB-32428537B91103F3 - Taken by agniswarm. 20 entrants total.
The Next Penelope #4 -- MB-DA17150B9735C684 - Taken by Kiru. 24 entrants total.

t1421948080z1.png

Dat tentacle... Yep, I need to go back to playing this game.

But on a more serious note, an actual VN with Huniepop's dialogue sensibilities would be a welcome change from the type to which I'm become accustomed. Totally didn't expect the f-bombs to start flying when all those prim and proper anime ladies appeared on screen. PepsimanVsJoe's review pretty much summed up my thoughts on it.
agreed.

PepsimanVsJoe's review also made me remember "True Love." Wish there was a browser version.

Grief.exe

That did it, thanks. Now I'm back to wondering why I don't just pop Rogue Leader in my Wii. Always seems like a great idea until I'm in a position to do it, then it becomes "meh, fuck it".

Better off dumping the iso and emulating it. Apparently the recent iterations of Dolphin have been running Rogue Squadron games quote well.

I also found an HD texture pack for the UI on their forums last night.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Now all that remains is to see whether or not it'll be be a featured deal. ;) 75% off would be a dream come true for jshackles!

It would be, if I hadn't already paid full price for it on Steam. And then proceeded not to play it.

It would be nice to see Lego Star Wars III on sale somewhere with a Steam key though. Besides the latest Batman game (which I'm sure will be heavily discounted soon enough) it's the only Lego game I'm missing now.

rtcn63

3 is overrated gameplay-wise, although most of the niggles are compensated with the Full Package DLC, that makes it so you don't really have to do the horrendously dull and often glitchy side missions to get money and rep.

Jawmuncher

I'm surprised to see the amount of people who prefer 3 over 4.
I felt 3 was a absolute bore all the way around when it comes to Open World games.
4 did a better job in every regard even if the powers hadn't been there.

Dr Dogg

This only buying x amount of games thing I'm trying to stick to isn't really curtailing my spending habits. Just bought a load of new case fans and a Wii U Pro Controller Mayflash adapter (finally don't cost an arm and a leg). I can't believe I got 7 years out of my 360 controller, well I can because it's been knackered for the last 3 of them.

Turfster

Groupees Casual 2 bundle
Price: 0.5$/game
  • Tribloos 2
  • Miner Wars Arena
  • Dungeon of Elements
  • Doctor Who The Adventure Games
  • Paranormal State: Poison Spring
  • Murder She Wrote 2 (drm free)
  • Atlantis Pearls of the Deep (drm free)
  • Evil Pumpkin: The Lost Halloween

Also, you can now preorder the Be Mine bundle for 2.5$

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
This only buying x amount of games thing I'm trying to stick to isn't really curtailing my spending habits. Just bought a load of new case fans and a Wii U Pro Controller Mayflash adapter (finally don't cost an arm and a leg). I can't believe I got 7 years out of my 360 controller, well I can because it's been knackered for the last 3 of them.

I should be playing AssCreed Unity with the help of two 970s by now. :( I'd care less if Ubi weren't seemingly dragging its feet with Rogue.

Groupees Casual 2 bundle
Price: 0.5$/game
  • Tribloos 2
  • Miner Wars Arena
  • Dungeon of Elements
  • Doctor Who The Adventure Games
  • Paranormal State: Poison Spring
  • Murder She Wrote 2 (drm free)
  • Atlantis Pearls of the Deep (drm free)
  • Evil Pumpkin: The Lost Halloween

Also, you can now preorder the Be Mine bundle for 2.5$

Really need to stop preordering these things.

Dr Dogg

I should be playing AssCreed Unity with the help of two 970s by now. :( I'd care less if Ubi weren't seemingly dragging its feet with Rogue.

That reminds me, I've 'pre-ordered' Rogue on Amazon hoping that when they have a concrete release date I'll get an email letting me know. I hope their £54.99 price is a place holder. Knowing my luck it won't be and I'll forget to cancel it and end up with a Uplay copy yuck!

Huh. Never felt like there was any grinding in SR2 to me.

Yeah you need to get rep to do story missions, but there's plenty of other stuff to do, and the unlockables for completing activities are worth it. Also the city is actually fun to explore, unlike the sequels.

The port is butt though, definitely not worth the hassle. Shame Volition can't find a couple guys to fix it. On the other hand, SR2 PC does some crazy bullshit that probably isn't easily fixable.

Jawmuncher

Yeah you need to get rep to do story missions, but there's plenty of other stuff to do, and the unlockables for completing activities are worth it. Also the city is actually fun to explore, unlike the sequels.

The port is butt though, definitely not worth the hassle. Shame Volition can't find a couple guys to fix it. On the other hand, SR2 PC does some crazy bullshit that probably isn't easily fixable.

Personally I don't think Story missions should ever be held behind side missions or extra activities. Since it takes away from what they are supposed to be. If I want to go through the story with nothing extra I should be able to. One of my biggest issues with Just Cause 2. 5 story missions so to make up for that you have to screw around until you get them. To me it just seems like shitty design when your game has to rely on that. If your content is good, i'll go back to it when I beat the game. No reason to force it on me if all I want to do at the time is story missions.

Annubis

PepsimanVsJoe's review also made me remember "True Love." Wish there was a browser version.

Man, that thing doesn't even run on Win7.
I have a WinXP VM just for that game and even then you need to activate 98 compatibility.

The effort I take to keep my waifus alive...

Shadownet

Banned
If you never play any Saints Row games before. Just know that after 2, everything took off in a different direction. Saints Row 3 became more of a parody game. It isn't afraid to make fun of games like GTA and even itself.

If you enjoy crude humor, open sworld GTA gameplay with ridiculous humor (I've mentioned that) and pretty much playing a parody game. You will love SR3 and SR4.

I know some people hate it though. Cause they expect it to be an exact GTA clone.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered

My partner and I enjoyed almost none of the side stuff to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom