• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2015 - Steam GOTY results: Delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Benedict

Lounge for me...

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 10 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Benedict, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

White Noise Online -- MB-10DD5CB806EA0554 - Taken by Baron_Calamity
Avadon 2 The Corruption -- MB-E0DC04F1EA2B8130 - Taken by Akuosa
Duplicity Beyond the Lies -- MB-1D5467999B8734B8 - Taken by GaussTek
xheRJRF.gif
Miner Wars Arena -- MB-A36412EB18C8C07A - Taken by Diedac
Coldfire Keep -- MB-6F9439A9875DD71D - Taken by Abomination
Quest for Infamy -- MB-BE07BCFF00D8B116 - Taken by fallout
Paranormal -- MB-DF9D21CD26036434 - Taken by Bayonetta
Duplicity Beyond the Lies #2 -- MB-A00E4767A73B6E41 - Taken by ussjtrunks
Overcast Walden and the Werewolf -- MB-2CCA96CF06F8F628
Paranormal State: Poison Spring -- MB-D0A6BAB1B8C2499E - Taken by nightstorm

By the way, there were some errors processing your keys...
Note: The key you added for Coldfire Keep was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.

Nabs

I don't think all the dlc is out yet for that game. well at least there haven't been any reports about dlc for that game. If thats the case tho its good that the season pass isn't on sale, its a dick move to put the season pass on sale when all the content that comes with it isn't even out. But i do see the point your making and i agree with it, just not in this scenario(that is, if all the dlc isn't out :p)

Heh. They actually put the Season Pass on sale during Halloween. I think it was 50% off.

autoduelist

I'm surprised to see the amount of people who prefer 3 over 4.
I felt 3 was a absolute bore all the way around when it comes to Open World games.
4 did a better job in every regard even if the powers hadn't been there.

Disclaimer -- I played 2 and 3, but not 4, and on ps3.

I think the issue some have with Saints Row depends on how you play open world games. For example, I finish all open side quests as I go, doesn't matter if it's Saint's Row or Shadow of Mordor or whatever... I may not even get to mission 2 before I clear the first open 'section' of a game. Sometimes that means I don't even have half the powers unlocked from the early 'tutorial' style missions.

Anyway, other people don't do side missions at all, or save them to the end. Other people do them 'whenever'.

Saints Row (especially 3, and from what I understand 4 takes it to an extreme) allow you to get extremely overpowered very quickly if you do side missions, so the game quickly becomes a cakewalk / too easy.

Other games give you stuff for finishing side missions, but Saint's Row basically makes you invincible. Fun for some, boring as hell for others. And I think how people approach their open world games really affects a game like SR where it's not particularly well balanced for both styles of play.

AHA-Lambda

Personally I don't think Story missions should ever be held behind side missions or extra activities. Since it takes away from what they are supposed to be. If I want to go through the story with nothing extra I should be able to. One of my biggest issues with Just Cause 2. 5 story missions so to make up for that you have to screw around until you get them. To me it just seems like shitty design when your game has to rely on that. If your content is good, i'll go back to it when I beat the game. No reason to force it on me if all I want to do at the time is story missions.

Hear hear! It why I couldn't get into JC2 or SR2 and will skip Gat out of Hell.

Heh. They actually put the Season Pass on sale during Halloween. I think it was 50% off.

oh really? damn man, I've been saying it since day 1, season passes are dumb and no one should buy it. even publishers give you a reason not to buy it when they put that shit on sale when all the content isn't even out yet.

Teggy

I've had no issues with the camera, you control it with the Right Stick.
My main gripe is how easy is to jump around, basically press a button and hit a direction.

It's been a while since I played it, but what stuck with me from the game was that I really liked it but the camera got stuck in bad positions for me all the time. I double dipped on Steam at some point so I should probably play it again some time.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
What happened?
Just buy Grim and you will be 4k again :D

I'm not entirely sure. My client game count also went down by one at some point between leaving for work and coming home, but the only relevant change I can see is The Talos Principle's Public Test being changed to a demo. I even scoured SteamDB's sub history list and searched for removals over the past 24 hours, however there doesn't seem to anything that'd apply to me.

Teggy

I'm not entirely sure. My client game count also went down by one at some point between leaving for work and coming home, but the only relevant change I can see is The Talos Principle's Public Test being changed to a demo. I even scoured SteamDB's sub history list and searched for removals over the past 24 hours, however there doesn't seem to anything that'd apply to me.

My game totals seem to change all the time, especially under the Library tab. Who knows how they calculate that stuff.

Tizoc

Yeah but waaah, Archie Comics Humble Bundle? dat ish is worth it @ $15, ComicGAF can vouch for Afterlife with Archie too.

Now where's that new Disappointing Humble Bundle :V

Yeah but waaah, Archie Comics Humble Bundle? dat ish is worth it @ $15, ComicGAF can vouch for Afterlife with Archie too.
I was considering the bundle. Definitely worth it at $15? Just one concern: The Afterlife with Archie and Married Life are listed as Vol 1. Does that mean they end on cliffhangers and we have to seek out Vol 2 elsewhere, outside of the bundle?

I'll wait it out, too, but only because i already have an OG copy of the game. Ahh, those were heady days of using No CD cracks on games that you owned because you didn't want to have to put the stupid disc in every time.

shout out to razor1191 and reading nfo files in notepad to make my life a little easier.

What's the most OP function combo in Transistor?

I'm on the Recursion (New Game+), and once you acquire every function you start getting second copies of the ones you already have. Cull() with a second Cull() in the upgrade slot gives you a 5 second stun. Add Jaunt() to make it fire instantly or Breach() to make it long-range, and either way you have a spammable super stun that lets you steamroll almost every process in the game.

Turfster

I was considering the bundle. Definitely worth it at $15? Just one concern: The Afterlife with Archie and Married Life are listed as Vol 1. Does that mean they end on cliffhangers and we have to seek out Vol 2 elsewhere, outside of the bundle?

Comic bundles last 2 weeks, second week adds things.

AsfaeksBR

I remember using something like "install:xxxxx" on browser that would make Steam download the game that was referred to in the "xxxxx" to download Mafia II, when it wasn't up for Pre-Load but it's files were up on Steam.

Does anyone know this? Because I'd really like to use it on Toxikk to download it now!

Tizoc

I've yet to read Afterlife and Married, so I don't know if they end as cliffhangers ^^;
I recently bought the bundle myself to read it in due time.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I remember using something like "install:xxxxx" on browser that would make Steam download the game that was referred to in the "xxxxx" to download Mafia II, when it wasn't up for Pre-Load but it's files were up on Steam.

Does anyone know this? Because I'd really like to use it on Toxikk to download it now!

steam://preload/xxxxxx, but it won't work if the game's app status is set to prerelease.

Zafir

Sigh. Was doing the day of the endless achievement in Dungeon of the Endless... We got to the 10th floor in multiplayer, until it booted us all from the game randomly. Two hours odd down the drain. :(

Maniac

Banned
10 minutes of complaining and being angry because he doesn't care about anything they showed, really.
At 7 minutes he said "all PC gamers want is Microsofts games and Windows to be a good platform". Well that's exactly what they showed and what we seem to be getting. And yet he goes on and on and on. And he mentioned the useful parts of the Xbox streaming (streaming to less powerful hardware) but dismissed it right afterwards and talked about super powerful PCs again.

And later he said he thinks Windows 10 will be free for a year and you'll have to buy it afterwards. Good research.

Right. But having read their 'clarified' statement, it sounds like the license isn't upgraded, so if you need to do a complete re-install or replace your computer, you will need to buy it again. So he's not entirely wrong.

And the Xbox streaming is one of the dumbest things I've ever heard, personally. Isn't the whole point that people prefer being on the couch in their living room? If anything, powerful PCs should get to stream to an Xbox, and ofcourse have all the 'exclusives' on there so they can actually be played with a playable framerate.

And really, they showed very little that's relevant to gaming, and a lot of stuff people really want hasn't at all been given mention.

So... I can't see any reason not to complain. They keep re-committing themselves to doing nothing for the platform. This has been no different thus far.

Ofcourse, I see no reason to complain, they've re-committed to Windows as a gaming platform dozens of times and this is the first time in a while it's given us a tiny bit of positives, instead of lots of negatives as we're used to from M$.

I was just happy to not see a GFWL2.0, really.

Type:Rider

Finding Teddy

Little Big Adventure (for Android)

BTA:
FarSky

Strike Vector

Homeland

Well... I'd bite it for LBA if it was on Steam

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 10 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

The Few -- MB-5F6E7CD083772FC7 - Taken by woo and indeed hoo
Doorways: The Underworld -- MB-6F06D8460F540DF9 - Taken by drakaenae
Captain Morgane and the Golden Turtle -- MB-ABC1B546AA403A31 - Taken by sensoft04
A.I.M. 2 Clan Wars -- MB-6CAD840AB0C47380 - Taken by 420 Blaze It
Robowars -- MB-DA78EF5B8F05C3AA - Taken by WinterDemons
Rhiannon: Curse of teh Four Branches -- MB-D43784397FC63663
Battleplan: American Civil War -- MB-EFFEEA8AE55788BE - Taken by TheMadMan007
Real Warfare 1242 -- MB-1FAC06050CA071F8 - Taken by Darth Kupi
Words for Evil -- MB-0C935F338C96973D - Taken by Khronico
Heroes and Legends: Conquerors of Kolhar -- MB-4FF2CFB39DD2C5A3 - Taken by agniswarm

Backlogger

and as a totally Bethesda move, the season pass for Evil Within costs as much as the game does during this sale. Not that i know what's in that pass but damn if that isn't Bethesda at their finest.

I've learned never to buy a Bethesda game until the complete edition is released with all the DLC.
With the exception of Fallout 4 which will be a day 1 purchase.

2.5$
People are thinking Last Inua, Majestic Nights, Real Texas and some others.
Thanks buddy.
Never heard of any of those games.
Humble also is not to my liking.

Guess it is finally time after 3 days to binge on Dark Souls again.
I just can't control myself when playing a game I like. Just play until either my head hurts or birds chirp. Most often both :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom