• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2015 - Steam GOTY results: Delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maniac

Banned
Are you running anything else like RadeonPro, fraps, or any other injector? When I get regular crashes they seem to be the culprit as often as not (happened to me with Gat out of Hell this week).

I was running Geforce Experience. Gonna try and kill it n' Nvidia Control Panel and see if it helps.
I need the badges.
Plus I want incentive to buy it again.
PC features and mod are hardly worth it for me at this point.

I asked Robert, their community-guy on Steam the other day and he said they'd add them. His answer as to when was simply "soon"

Turfster

So uh, people that finished Alien:Isolation.
Do I go back to everywhere on the station at one point or another, or did I fuck myself out of that one ID badge I didn't pick up in one of the earlier missions.

Jawmuncher

I was running Geforce Experience. Gonna try and kill it n' Nvidia Control Panel and see if it helps.

I asked Robert, their community-guy on Steam the other day and he said they'd add them. His answer as to when was simply "soon"

i'm just going to hope in vein that they have a MGSV and rising midweek deal or something.
With bothing having cards. Konami seems to not like doing anything unless a sale is attached to it.

Man I really need to play it. Game has so much color.

I tried Enslaved about 6 months ago and couldn't bring myself to play past a level.

I'm not 100% sure why. I was testing out some program to try playing PC games in 3d on a 3d TV. The 3D effect seemed mediocre, but I switched it off and still wasn't compelled to finish. The gameplay seemed like a generic action game, but maybe I didn't get as far as I need for interesting mechanics.

Shadownet

Banned
I don't know why but I wish that Catherine game is on Steam. Never played it before. seem like the type of game all the waifu people would buy up immediately.

I don't know why but I wish that Catherine game is on Steam. Never played it before. seem like the type of game all the waifu people would buy up immediately.

I'm not sure. You can't get laid with every woman in that game and i'm certain that there's no explicit nudity in it, though they do talk about and present sex and sexual encounters. So while there are some anime waifus in it, you're limited in comparison to some of the VN stuff that has bubbled up on steam recently

Deitus

Catherine was great. I don't know if it really appeals to the Waifu crowd, but it's definitely worth playing regardless.

We need to get some Atlus games on Steam.

I'm not sure. You can't get laid with every woman in that game and i'm certain that there's no explicit nudity in it, though they do talk about and present sex and sexual encounters. So while there are some anime waifus in it, you're limited in comparison to some of the VN stuff that has bubbled up on steam recently

Well, there was a Butt Monster in it, but I know that's not what you meant.

Shadownet

Banned
Characters look too old for that audience.

Catherine was great. I don't know if it really appeals to the Waifu crowd, but it's definitely worth playing regardless.

We need to get some Atlus games on Steam.

If it has girls, some sort of mention of sex. I'm sure some people will buy it up regardless. Most likely JaseC.
For a different reason of course.

It would be nice to see more games like that come to Steam. and of course... Red Dead Redemption... someday... It took a while for me to start liking Red Dead Redemption. But it was marvelous.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
MFAA has been released in full by Nvidia. They say it's supported by the majority of DX10/11 games. Update to the latest drivers to access the option.

If it has girls, some sort of mention of sex. I'm sure some people will buy it up regardless. Most likely JaseC.
For a different reason of course.

It would be nice to see more games like that come to Steam. and of course... Red Dead Redemption... someday... It took a while for me to start liking Red Dead Redemption. But it was marvelous.

I would probably rank pretty highly if there was a chart of people that have played the most videogames total in the past generation without having ever touched RDR.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Stupid question since I'm not a huge techy person but how does it compare to other AA options ?

It's the same coverage as 4xMSAA at the cost of 2xMSAA. IIRC.

It's more exciting that DX10/11 games that didn't previously have MSAA support or supported it poorly now might have a better option.

zkylon

zkylewd
to be fair i'm kind of jealous since my short lived dual monitors setup was so good

never really used it for gaming, but it made drawing with reference so much more fun

HoosTrax

to be fair i'm kind of jealous since my short lived dual monitors setup was so good

never really used it for gaming, but it made drawing with reference so much more fun
Yeah, I think it's well applied in this particular case since the location of the bezels isn't distracting.

I've seen some really questionable multi-monitor setups. For example a tri-monitor setup with the screens in portrait orientation, and the person was playing some MOBA game with the bezels trisecting the playarea. Not sure what was gained there, versus going with a bigger monitor.

Edit: this -
h8qsds4ozuy9hhggfb91.jpg

(ok, it's probably not a MOBA game, but some strategy game)

Why do that, instead of a big 4K screen.

It's the same coverage as 4xMSAA at the cost of 2xMSAA. IIRC.

It's more exciting that DX10/11 games that didn't previously have MSAA support or supported it poorly now might have a better option.

Oh, neat. Nvidia only?

I'm assuming that you turn it on in the control panel thing and then turn AA off in-game?

jmizzal

GMG is not letting me us the 23% for GTAV, the code was just working and it says it ends on the 23rd, what the heck is going on

zkylon

zkylewd
Yeah, I think it's well applied in this particular case since the location of the bezels isn't distracting.

I've seen some really questionable multi-monitor setups. For example a tri-monitor setup with the screens in portrait orientation, and the person was playing some MOBA game with the bezels trisecting the playarea. Not sure what was gained there, versus going with a bigger monitor.

h8qsds4ozuy9hhggfb91.jpg

yeah that's specially weird since pros playing mobas usually play em in windowed mode so the screen is smaller and they don't have to move the mouse as much to reach the other end of the screen

Annubis

h8qsds4ozuy9hhggfb91.jpg

That's Starcraft 2

GMG is not letting me us the 23% for GTAV, the code was just working and it says it ends on the 23rd, what the heck is going on

Looks like GMG blocked the code from working for GTAV which is weird because it was working when thtat code first went up. I checked another game (Mortal Kombat X) and the code worked with no issues.

so I'm about to start stalker shadow of chernobyl, what are some good mod recommendations? don't tell me to just play vanilla and then replay again pls, chances are extremely high I'm only going to play it once, would like the best experience for my only playthrough.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
so I'm about to start stalker shadow of chernobyl, what are some good mod recommendations? don't tell me to just play vanilla and then replay again pls, chances are extremely high I'm only going to play it once, would like the best experience for my only playthrough.

If you just want fixes, Zone Reclamation Project..

If you want updated visuals, sounds, a whole host of new graphical features, a very old bugfix pack and more, can't beat Complete.

jmizzal

Looks like GMG blocked the code from working for GTAV which is weird because it was working when thtat code first went up. I checked another game (Mortal Kombat X) and the code worked with no issues.

Yea it worked earlier but I didnt have the money in my paypal, now it doesnt work smh

dex3108

Oh GMG and their amazing GTA V deal for 78$ in my region (South-Eastern Europe) :D That 23% code made game around 60$ so i guess that is why they made GTA V so expensive. But yeah GGM is sometimes crazy good and sometimes crazy bad :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom