• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2015 - Steam GOTY results: Delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Knurek

Oh yeah, it was short. I played 4 minutes before getting to the not Bad End. I don't think I can put that with good conscience in my 52 games.

Do it, length shouldn't figure at all.
It still takes longer to complete it than it does for Super Hexagon. :)

Jørdan

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

Alpha Protocol -- MB-0D1637DEAF55D2EE - Taken by brassica. 7 entrants total.

t1422025009z1.png

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
It isn't that bad in the good areas.
The areas that got less work like the water tank though ewww.

I'm not referring to the upscaling, I'm referring to the fact that their 16:9 solution is literally taking a 4:3 image and zooming in on it to fill the screen and then panning around. It makes the assets look worse just so people feel better about there not being empty space on their screen.

How does it become DRM-free if you don't mind me asking?

You download the game from Steam and then run it without Steam turned on. Example: I download System Shock 2 from Steam and then copy it to a thumb drive and plug that into my laptop and start the game there. At no point is Steam required to be run again.

The price is one thing but I don't see what more they could've done without an unreasonable amount of effort and without tampering with the look of the original. The backgrounds are what they are (widescreen in RE seems to have issues with blurriness) and the characters have a very simple style. Hard to improve. Plus we'll get better controls which was the main issue of the original.

Yeah, I guess my main complain is the lack of work and the price, I don't think the price is justified, but that's subjective, maybe for some 15€ is a fair price, but for the amount of work done for the remaster, I wouldn't pay more than 5€ to be honest.

REmake encountered the exact same issue. There 16:9 "fix" is atrocious and the release is saved by the fact that they included the 4:3 original mode as well.

That would be ideal, allow a selector to experience the original mode or the improved 16:9 mode, better still what they did with Monkey Island SE, and allow for improved graphics or original style, then the 15€ price would be justified.

MUnited83

For you.
How does it become DRM-free if you don't mind me asking?

If it's anything like previous Double Fine games, it just is. Download it from Steam and done. You can copy the game's folder and put it anywhere and you can play the game without using steam at all.

Kiru

Posted ? EDIT: Oh it's a re-bundle

BundleStars Killer Bundle for $4.99

• S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Shadow of Chernobyl
  • Demonicon: The Dark Eye - (Includes Steam Trading Cards)
  • Pixel Piracy - (Includes Steam Trading Cards)
  • Year Walk
  • Alone in the Dark
  • Albedo: Eyes from Outer Space
  • Kraven Manor
  • FATE: The Cursed King
  • Loren The Amazon Princess - (Includes Steam Trading Cards)
  • Real Boxing - (Includes Steam Trading Cards)

Posted ? EDIT: Oh it's a re-bundle

BundleStars Killer Bundle for $4.99

• S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Shadow of Chernobyl
  • Demonicon: The Dark Eye - (Includes Steam Trading Cards)
  • Pixel Piracy - (Includes Steam Trading Cards)
  • Year Walk
  • Alone in the Dark
  • Albedo: Eyes from Outer Space
  • Kraven Manor
  • FATE: The Cursed King
  • Loren The Amazon Princess - (Includes Steam Trading Cards)
  • Real Boxing - (Includes Steam Trading Cards)
Isn't that an old bundle? Still pretty damn good.

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
You have less than five minutes to pre-order the Be Mine 17 bundle for $2.50.

We're all in agreement that it definitely contains the Master Chief Collection and Red Dead Redemption.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
I knew someone was going to complain about the 4:3 aspect ratio of Grim.
I just thought SteamGAF was better than that.

I like to view SteamGAF as a big tent. We have people who are Americans and we have people who are Europeans; we have people who are black and people who are white; we have people who are right and people who are wrong.

Either way, it's a circus.

Nabs

This is my supervillain origin story.

Dear devs. Don't put a brand new game in a fucking bundle. It's still got a first week discount and all that.

itQQVwsYEILtQ.png

Dr Dogg

That 21:9 thread got me feeling some type of way right now.

iyMavl6GNkFJx.gif

I need to stay out of that thread or I'm going to end up broke. I've resited the two LG's, the upcoming Samsung VA panel looks to tick all the right boxes and that Dell is close to tipping me over the edge. Still umming and ahing over a 21:9 monitor or getting a projector (then again I can't make my mind up if I want a HD 120hz one or a Full HD short throw one) but I really should just say no.

Kiru

Just saw that you can register here for a Steam beta key for the game SNOW that will also give an exclusive ingame helmet. Beta is in March.

Nabs

Who hurt you?

Was it that cat game?

AND I pre-ordered the bundle. Cats are sneaky.

I need to stay out of that thread or I'm going to end up broke. I've resited the two LG's, the upcoming Samsung VA panel looks to tick all the right boxes and that Dell is close to tipping me over the edge. Still umming and ahing over a 21:9 monitor or getting a projector (then again I can't make my mind up if I want a HD 120hz one or a Full HD short throw one) but I really should just say no.

I'm holding strong, but I don't know for how much longer.

Parsnip

Well, that nvidia thread is a bit nuts.
Coincidentally I had to cancel my gtx970 order due to unforeseen circumstances, but now I'm sort of glad that I did, better to see where this goes before dipping in again.

Groupees Be Mine 17

Minimum $1
- Last Inua
- Sinking Island
- Tex Murphy: Martian Memorandum

Minimum $4
- Cinders
- Cat Goes Fishing
- Majestic Nights - Chapter 1
- Deep Dungeons of Doom
- Millennium 5 - The Battle of the Millennium

Nice, Cat Goes Fishing is in. :D

Phawx

For those wondering AMD does support hardware encoding via their VCE block. I have an R9 290 and I use the forked build of OBS to record using VCE quite easily with zero issues.

At this point, I would wait before buying anything as 22/20nm parts are right on the horizon but I'm not mad at all with the $230 I spent on my R9 290.

Crazy value.

Spares

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (NingenJanai, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Bloodnet -- MB-CF0830FA50F28BFC - Taken by Saty. 1 entrants total.
Slave zero -- MB-36D9BB9D0F0CEBD4 - Taken by Knurek. 1 entrants total.
Rex Nebular and the cosmic gender bender -- MB-183C81309BE6B719 - Taken by KainXVIII. 4 entrants total.
Gunship! -- MB-CF6B8E2E9056CE99 - Taken by Abomination. 3 entrants total.

t1422029207z1.png

Knurek

Holy crap @ that Groupee bundle.

+8 for me, 5 games from my wishlist.
Almost makes up for the disappointing Humble/Bundlestars showings of late.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

Summoner -- MB-15D3AB8EDC426D8C - Taken by darkchewie
Tales From Space: Mutant Blobs Attack -- MB-77E4C292D8F25442 - Taken by 420 Blaze It
To The Moon -- MB-408DDCB736108A3A - Taken by Pestilence11
Last Inua -- MB-E77C721677EDDB27 - Taken by PunishedSnake

rtcn63

Anyone having problems exiting Gat of Out of Hell? Sometimes there's a a few seconds of black screen before it returns to the desktop, and just now, it went on for so long I had to end the process in task manager.

Nabs

I have a problem with the game exiting when I press the select/back button. Scary thing to happen during co-op.

Holy shit registering for RESIDENT EVIL account crap is like the hardest thing in the world

It can't be worse than a WBID or ::shakes uncontrollably:: Rockstar's Social Club.

Wait, there was that Saint's Row ID thing but i couldn't ever get that to work. At least it let you play the game without it, though.

rtcn63

Wait, was there a Gat out of Hell patch recently, and did it reset the graphics settings? I think the was having problems exiting because it was trying to switch back to 1080p, my desktop resolution. Still weird.

It can't be worse than a WBID or ::shakes uncontrollably:: Rockstar's Social Club.

Wait, there was that Saint's Row ID thing but i couldn't ever get that to work. At least it let you play the game without it, though.

The site is technically kinda impressive, but the font size is very small, everything is lost in the backgrounds, it's slow as hell and once in a while everything turns japanese. Overall, it's one of the harder Resident Evil puzzles

Arthea

I should stop buying games day one altogether, shouldn't I? I have most games in be mine 17... not to mention that Cat goes Fishing isn't even a week old!
I wanted that game badly enough to buy day one, and that's not really a problem that it is in the bundle, it's that timing is ... I could have waited couple of days easily.

Knurek

I should stop buying games day one altogether, shouldn't I? I have most games in be mine 17... not to mention that Cat goes Fishing isn't even a week old!
I wanted that game badly enough to buy day one, and that's not really a problem that it is in the bundle, it's that timing is ... I could have waited couple of days easily.

My take is that with the backlog we have, we shouldn't even thing of a day one purchase.
Unless you absolutely, positively want to donate to the developer. Or are JaseC.

Shadownet

Banned

I regret buying The Evil Within day one now. It's $20 now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom