• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2015 - Steam GOTY results: Delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.
I should stop buying games day one altogether, shouldn't I? I have most games in be mine 17... not to mention that Cat goes Fishing isn't even a week old!
I wanted that game badly enough to buy day one, and that's not really a problem that it is in the bundle, it's that timing is ... I could have waited couple of days easily.

the only times i can justify a day one purchase is with any game that i'll be playing competitively online, because trying to get into a FPS or a fighting game 4-6 months after launch just means you're going to get repeatedly crushed. I don't mind shelling out for it on day one as that's when everyone is on mostly even footing so you're growing and developing alongside the community.

everything else, though? i mean, I can get GTAV now or I can get it 6 months from now and it's going to be the same experience. Might as well hold off and save myself some money, play some of the games in my backlog instead.

I regret buying The Evil Within day one now. It's $20 now.

got it for ~$15 in less than 2 months after its launch. Day one purchases of games almost never benefits the consumer but the publishers sure do love it.

Parsnip

Holy shit registering for RESIDENT EVIL account crap is like the hardest thing in the world

And the reward for solving that puzzle is just pointless stuff like this.

rX3qAbO.jpg

My take is that with the backlog we have, we shouldn't even thing of a day one purchase.
Unless you absolutely, positively want to donate to the developer. Or are JaseC.

Agreed. I like my system (though may not be available outside of US) of renting the big AAA games day-one from Gamefly, while playing all the PC exclusive (or games that are much better on PC) on Steam at greatly reduced prices.

Holy shit registering for RESIDENT EVIL account crap is like the hardest thing in the world

I still don't know how to do that. The game gives you a code, but I don't know where to put it on the website. It was simple enough for RE6 and REV, why did they change it I don't know.

Backlogger

~~~
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Backlogger, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

Real Warfare 1242 -- MB-0054F33C9AC1C4F6 - Taken by crazyrabbits

Arthea

OK, here is my resolution: I don't buy games day one except of some new Japanese games that not gonna be in the bundle ever, and to encourage devs.
My sulkiness aside, that bundle is great, worth for Cinders alone, and for Cat goes fishing twice. Not to mention Majestic Nights and the last chapter of Millennium.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

tSosaRZ.png

Mystery Gift -- MB-61F614022031BE68 - Taken by louiedog

extras
ModBot said:
Instructions for arts&crafts:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (arts&crafts, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Cinders -- MB-4B2CD3C66FF0B0E1 - Taken by chronomac
Deep Dungeon of Doom -- MB-2E9E3C00C32335D5 - Taken by Fare Godmace

Chariot

Shit, the week after this week is going to be terrible. Life is Strange, Darkest Dungeon, Nep-Nep, Eden*, ... I already have a massive amount of time and yet I have no idea when I should play all this >_<

---
That experience bar. She looks plenty experienced, if you ask me, am I right guys?
???

Turfster

Holy crap Nvidia, what the hell.
Install the latest drivers, then next boot, only the second monitor is active... then on next reboot, the driver has fucking disappeared and I'm on 800X600 windows default... and then I'm back...

Some GetGames deals:
  • Shadow of Mordor 40% off
  • Lord of the Rings War in the North 75% off
  • LEGO Lord of the Rings 75% off
  • DiRT Showdown 81% off
  • Dungeon Siege III 83% off
  • Just Cause 2 83% off
  • Kane & Lynch 2 75% off
  • Lara Croft Guardian of Light 75% off
  • Gothic 3 75% off
  • Many more

autoduelist

New Breach & Clear game (in EA):

Nice, thanks. Breach & Clear may not have been as good or nearly as polished as Door Kickers, but I think I actually had more fun with it. Hopefully they implemented some obvious upgrades into this sequel.

edit - looks like it's quite different from b&c in many ways. hmm. and needs time in the oven, like every early access game.

sorry
I just paid the same coin I got from Knurek. (><)
gifs are from Hero Emblems and my pic is Terra Battle.

Thanks for this! Looks like Terra Battle is free... maybe I'll go get it. Had a fling with IOS a few years ago but staying on top of what is good vs. what is trash and the ever changing pricing and 'free days' was soul stealing, even with apps like appshopper helping. Then I got a vita and was happier spending more money per game than I ever was on IOS.

Tizoc

Dududu~
ModBot said:
I am giving away 7 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Tizoc, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Deep Dungeons of Doom -- MB-4FA26D71EF1DF836 - Taken by Tak3n. 16 entrants total.
Super Comboman -- MB-DFA672E3EA7EE02F - Taken by Kryptonite. 5 entrants total.
Grim Fandango Remastered -- MB-465A4288D7F54AAA - Taken by Fare Godmace. 104 entrants total.
Cinders -- MB-1E7A83C42609E16E - Taken by S1n1st3r. 12 entrants total.
Millenium 5 -- MB-FDDC6B8555135F7E - Taken by sensoft04. 3 entrants total.
TEX MURPHY: MARTIAN MEMORANDUM -- MB-CFB36182FBFEEA75 - Taken by louiedog. 3 entrants total.
Fist of Awesome -- MB-239F699674D1F8FF - Taken by derExperte. 6 entrants total.

t1422042107z1.png

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
This is a nice little megaton:

I e-mailed Deck13 about the game about a year ago now, thinking the rights had reverted back to it following DTP filing for bankruptcy in 2012, but was told that they were still in DTP's hands. Looks like D13 finally wrestled them away as the game is self-published.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
any good reason not to bite on Evil Within at 66% ?

DocSeuss

Morning, humans.

This is a nice little megaton:

I e-mailed Deck13 about the game about a year ago now, thinking the rights had reverted back to it following DTP filing for bankruptcy in 2012, but was told that they were still in DTP's hands. Looks like D13 finally wrestled them away as the game is self-published.

Never played. Any impressions?

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:

tSosaRZ.png

Mystery Gift #3 -- MB-F381372CDDF90AB9 - Taken by Zeeman
Mystery Gift #2 -- MB-368D5C1412BA7925 - Taken by BernardoOne
Mystery Gift -- MB-DE00EB0016FC2E09 - Taken by Man Puncher

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
I wonder if Double Fine did this how many would actually notice.

Then again some are after their blood so I wouldn't be surprised if there was an uproar.

They would sell more copies because then it would actually be worth 15$.

I would cringe so hard that I would cease to exist.

Dr Dogg

I know people who probably watch 4:3 that way and didn't have any problem with pan&scan.

Yeah that's kind of why I did the above. It wasn't until recently, like the last 5 or so years, that a lot of broadcasts and pre recorded TV shows over here switched to a 16:9 format despite 16:9 TV's being sold for getting on 20 years and almost exclusively for 8 years (2007 was about the time retailers dropped them). I know plenty of people, that while mystified that so and so looked a little fatter, were quite happy to have a full screen.

..... Did what?

Effectively just stretch a 4:3 image over a 16:9 display area.

They would sell more copies because then it would actually be worth 15$.

I would cringe so hard that I would cease to exist.

Funnily there's really nothing stopping someone doing that with the game itself by changing the aspect ratio and display area setting in their GPU drivers. Why they would is another matter. That would be as crazy as saying 'look! 21:9 support!'

Then again some are after their blood so I wouldn't be surprised if there was an uproar.

DR DOGG, STAPH

I still don't know how to do that. The game gives you a code, but I don't know where to put it on the website. It was simple enough for RE6 and REV, why did they change it I don't know.

I wish I could tell you but I tried to search for it again but I have no idea where I fiend it.

Phawx

The second set of keys is more of a chore than anything

ModBot said:
I am giving away 11 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Phawx, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Pressured -- MB-49DB6197C6B2598E - Taken by lindarasta
Showtime! -- MB-AC3E47721B6BE2E6 - Taken by FiveElementNinja
Z: Steel Soldiers -- MB-898E72BFA16991C3 - Taken by inm8num2
Psichodelya #2 -- MB-37A088D346176175
Inside The Gear -- MB-BA6A873B3B3B7736 - Taken by Kifimbo
Robowars -- MB-81285F429728E49A - Taken by Madn
xheRJRF.gif
Game Tycoon 1.5 -- MB-0BDA9D26CBEAD4F8 - Taken by 19Kilo
Pressured #2 -- MB-CB332C9B94899F68 - Taken by SSPssp
Inside The Gear #2 -- MB-9EE047F2EF96ADA4 - Taken by anastef
Melissa K. and the Heart of Gold Collector's Edition -- MB-64CA74DCFF26C0FF - Taken by Scipius
Psichodelya -- MB-5C21277DE280738F - Taken by drakaenae

Phinor

Grey Goo is out. http://store.steampowered.com/app/290790/

45,99€ vs 35,99€ via Amazon.de where you get a nice steelbook on top and it can be activated on Steam. Or buch.de 30,99. What.

Germany is pretty much the only country in the world with a retail release of Grey Goo so consider yourself lucky in that regard. Even digitally it isn't available anywhere but Steam and their own site.

I kind of want to play it but not at that price. Another game on the wishlist for next Summer.

Parsnip

It's hard to exercise when you're all bones.

I wish I could tell you but I tried to search for it again but I have no idea where I fiend it.
The RE website told me that if you have done it for REV or RE6, you only have to "test connection" from REmaster and it should work. Didn't have to paste any codes.

Ozium

ermagehrd i almost bought cat goes fishing yesterday but got distracted by the next penelope and ended up not grabbing it.. PRAISE BE THE GROUPEZ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom