• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2015 - Steam GOTY results: Delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.

MUnited83

For you.
imGX3pJ.png

tumblr_n0b3blUIWh1qc3759o1_500.gif

fantomena

GMG sendt me a 25% code for Dying Light.

Not sure wherever it's a personal code or not, but if anyone want it, send me a PM.

Cause I ain't using it.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
So Hajime Tabata (director of Final Fantasy XV and Type-0 HD) is doing an AMA on Reddit right now. We need to all go upvote this question or this one.

Dr Dogg

So Hajime Tabata (director of Final Fantasy XV and Type-0 HD) is doing an AMA on Reddit right now. We need to all go upvote this question or this one.

Personally for me the first one because I was very happy with XIII & XIII-2 despite their issues. That and I don't want to by a new £300+ console for a couple of games I like the look of.

Also.
jshackles 3 points 13 minutes ago
3) There aren’t any tedious trophies/achievements in the game. We used FF13 as an example for our trophy/achievement list.
Final Fantasy 13 had some really tedious achievements though.

Hahaha.

Ozium

SPARES

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Ozium, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Song of the Myrne: What Lies Beneath -- MB-CA9A32CE09D9B166 - Taken by someguyinahat. 3 entrants total.
Tex Murphy: Martian Memorandum -- MB-A4B7F4AD60F53510 - Taken by Zeeman. 1 entrants total.
Last Inua -- MB-FE2AA4BEB8812F95 - Taken by Speevy. 3 entrants total.

t1422039528z1.png

Dr Dogg

I did my part for the AMA.
After your suggestion of saying I didn't play mobile locked me out of the survey
damnyou.gif

Hey it did say thank you afterwards for me. Though I do get the feeling Squenix will probably throw all the non mobile and Facebook questionnaires in the bin.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
There are currently no plans for a PC version, but I am very interested in Steam. The thing is, I want to know when Valve’s going to release Half-Life 2 Episode 3.

:( and lol at the same time

ExoSoul

Banned
So, I have 46 coupons that I doubt I'm gonna use. Some of the stuff is in some of yours wish-lists and others i have no doubt are for trash.

How do I go about it?

Edit: I also got a Mirror Moon EP emoti that goes for 1.52 eurobucks. Sell, keep? =x

I think that he is not allowed to answer it so he is going with easiest way by denying it se we can be excited when they decide to announce it.

Yeah of course. These AMAs are pointless because he can't answer the interesting questions. At least we know his favourite FF character and his hobbies now.

iosefe

So, I have 46 coupons that I doubt I'm gonna use. Some of the stuff is in some of yours wish-lists and others i have no doubt are for trash.

How do I go about it?

you give us a link to you inventory to see if we have interest

or trashbot them.

or just let them run out

Grow Home already has my interest:

I was wondering if you venture outside of PC.

Specifically, when considering collection obsession, I wonder if you got a chance to play Crackdown on Xbox 360.

Collecting orbs in that game was one of the most addictive collect-a-thons I've engaged in.

grow home continues the long and illustrious line of software with the name Home in it that also happens to be a walking simulator.

I heard it was about climbing, I thought.

DocSeuss

I'm trying not to buy any more games until much later this year, but hnnng Grim Fandango...

What about non humans? :\

They can die, obviously. Humans or GTFO.

Got very mixed reviews and I more or less hated the demo. Not a hidden gem imo.

Let's stretch it over 3 21:9 monitors.

:(

Played the Xbox 360 version so grain of salt.
It's a weird little action-rpg that I didn't get very far in. Somehow managed to break the game and get trapped on an island, never went back to it.

Hahaha.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I was wondering if you venture outside of PC.

Specifically, when considering collection obsession, I wonder if you got a chance to play Crackdown on Xbox 360.

Collecting orbs in that game was one of the most addictive collect-a-thons I've engaged in.

I'll play console exclusives. The PS3 was actually my primary platform from GTA4 up until around Portal 2 and I intend to buy a PS4 no later than the release of Unch4rted. I've played bit and pieces of Crackdown in the past but it never really grabbed me at the time... and I sold my PS360 a few months ago so there's not much I can do about correcting that, haha.

zkylon

zkylewd
i'm not sure if i would've preferred the resident evil remake hd remaster thing approach to 16:9 than bars on the side

i guess i gotta try it myself but i felt that even if it's a bit blurry it looks cooler

i hate bars

also i thought they were gonna clean up the models somewhat?

at least i was hoping the joints wouldn't look so blocky

jshackles

Sooooo not flipping likely then :(

Nope, doesn't appear so. Or at least not that he could talk about.

I still have my PS4 copy on pre-order (along with XV and KH3) and I'm getting more and more hyped by the day. While it sucks to have to put down the cash on a PS4, I have played a few games on mine that have made it a worthwhile purchase already and getting new Final Fantasy games will make it even better.

gabbo

Morning, humans.

Never played. Any impressions?
It's got an interesting story, but repetitive as all get up gameplay. No more thought needed than to click everything to kill it and move on. There an upgrade system that adds little tactical or strategic value overall.

Not the worst rpg ever, but I don't know if I'd recommend it unless you're a direhard of the genre

Nzyme32

i'm not sure if i would've preferred the resident evil remake hd remaster thing approach to 16:9 than bars on the side

i guess i gotta try it myself but i felt that even if it's a bit blurry it looks cooler

i hate bars

Is this not switching between original and remaster. That looks identical to the original

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

One of the Making Of videos dives into the art production process a bit but only high-res textures were covered, so I don't think the actual models were remade. That looks like the original, though, judging from Manny's seemingly low-res head.

zkylon

zkylewd
Nope, doesn't appear so. Or at least not that he could talk about.

I still have my PS4 copy on pre-order (along with XV and KH3) and I'm getting more and more hyped by the day. While it sucks to have to put down the cash on a PS4, I have played a few games on mine that have made it a worthwhile purchase already and getting new Final Fantasy games will make it even better.
hey jshackles, is there a possibility that jesus steam can fix the blue horizontal bar thing at the bottom of profile pages? like this: http://steamcommunity.com/id/zkylon/

i dunno if that's really your jurisdiction but you should do it anyways, it's so annoying!

Is this not switching between original and remaster. That looks identical to the original
no idea

i'm guessing it's not really worth it to be able to switch since the changes aren't THAT noticeable (say, compared to monkey island)

One of the Making Of videos dives into the art production process a bit but only high-res textures were covered, so I don't think the actual models were remade. That looks like the original, though, judging from Manny's seemingly low-res head.
kind of confused they didn't redo the models. i mean there's a lot of models and the reason the smoothing is all broken on all the models is cos every part of every limb is a separate model (so forearm and upper arm are separate boxes), so they would probably have to merge those up and maybe repolish all the animations but that would be a really nice improvement if they did if only to fix the horrible smoothing

Been watching my brother play Nosgoth since it left early access and entered open beta.

It look surprisingly awesome and he's loving it. We both were also pleasantly surprised at how fair and NOT pay-to-win its F2P model was. Its like a better version of the Blacklight:Retribution model.

I'd describe it as a 3rd person version of Aliens vs. Predator with a Vampire/Steampunk/Legacy of Kain skin.

jshackles

Nzyme32

no idea

i'm guessing it's not really worth it to be able to switch since the changes aren't THAT noticeable (say, compared to monkey island)

Yeah, just looked into it. Seems the difference is fairly minimal in terms of looks, but still noticeable. The game seems stuck at 4:3. Personally I'd rather have black bars than the pattern. I'm glad they kept it looking as close to the original as possible though. There are some parts in the game that wouldn't be as good if they reimagined it too much.

Here's part of the remastering process that shows some of the differences - http://youtu.be/y4rOgZ3RINE?t=48s

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom