• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2015 - Steam GOTY results: Delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Today I read over five hours in the Dark Souls wiki instead of playing even one minute.
Don't know what that says about me but I prepared a very thorough plan on things to do tomorrow, haha.
Not gonna miss out on things anymore :)
Besiege is great folks, pick it up. $7 is a great price for it.
You have it? Care to post impressions/webms? :3
Really like the goofiness of enemies and physics in general.

Today I read over five hours in the Dark Souls wiki instead of playing even one minute.
Don't know what that says about me but I prepared a very thorough plan on things to do tomorrow, haha.

You have it? Care to post impressions/webms? :3
Really like the goofiness of enemies and physics in general.

Yeah, I'll make some webm's and post some stuff tomorrow, it's super fun to experiment with.

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
omg...I just reached the last event of the Ibiza Cup in TDU2...and it's a 74 mile tour of the island. My car is a WRX STI and it goes about 140mph average on highways, much lower in the urban areas and off road. This is looking like a 40 minute race in realtime -_-. As if that isn't bad enough, I already have enough Championship points in the previous events to have the cup clinched, but I still need to finish this event.

Not even the 24 hours minutes of Le Mans event in GRID1 was this long.

It's actually quite lenient with the time and a large portion of the actual route are straight sections. I overshot a turn going 150 and after turning around, I still came in ~10 seconds faster than the checkpoint average. If your fingers become cramped from holding the throttle button down, you can bring up the option menu to indefinitely pause the game.

You were one that didn't like cinematic games right?

I'm hardly alone in that. ;P

--------------------------------------

Is anyone here Mowyn on Steam?

Miguel81

Good for you, Veggie. Unlike the King's Field games, the Souls are much more cryptic and require help to get the most out of them. May your playthrough be all the better for it.

Two notable games in the upcoming section.

Badland: Goty Edition. Spring release.

Princess Evangile All Ages Version, new release from Mangagamer. Releases in spring as well.

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
I want Dragon's Dogma, Dragon's Crown, and Drakkengard 3 on PC.

I'm gonna go mod Skyrim while I wait.

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
DRAGON THE GAME not enough for you?

...I was legitimately interested in that until I heard the feedback on it was that it was mostly an unfinished mess.

Maybe in a year or two.

yuraya

Would it have been too much to ask Capcom to port PS360 DD to PC? I would have gladly paid 20-30$ for it instead of bothering with this online thing they are doing.

I don't understand why they are doing it. This would be like Bethesda/Zenimax releasing ESO on PC but never releasing Skyrim or any elder game prior to that. I never played DD so I don't know anything about the lore/story/gameplay. So I'm not really excited for the online game at all. Will skip even tho its f2p. Quite the headscratcher from Capcom. Can't even imagine whats going through the minds of people who work there.

Hopefully one day in the future they do port the PS360 game to PC. Even if its next year or whenever.

No indication of it coming to the west.

I'll gladly play the Japanese version.
Just like Monster Hunter Frontier and Phantasy Star Online 2. There'll be an English patch anyway (I hope).
Moreover, MMOs are not games that you play for the story, more for the gameplay. DD's gameplay is awesome how can I miss it.

ExoSoul

Banned
Dragon's Dogma Online looks a bit neat but I haven't played the original so not too sure of the differences you can see in the gameplay shots: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BHA-wb44MQ4

Monsters look way better (night and day), characters look just better but the deatails on equipments is very noticeable, finally terrain also looks like it has been improved. And more importantly it seems to still play like DD.

Now I'm sure they'll fuck up the lore but it actually looks very promising, Capcom won't disappoint right?

Dr Dogg

Dragon's Dogma had a flimsy overarching plot as is. The Design Works has more backstory and lore in it than the game.

so, looking at those screenshots ... the "remastered" part in "Indigo Prophecy: Remastered" would be ... what exactly? o_O

Textures got a massive overhaul and native widescreen support by the looks of things as previously it would just stretch the image and not adjust for aspect ratio. Well that and now Mac and Linux versions as well as iOS.

Also why am I up this early and more so on bloody GAF?

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member

Thanks Fish!

so, looking at those screenshots ... the "remastered" part in "Indigo Prophecy: Remastered" would be ... what exactly? o_O

Being the uncensored version and controller support seem to be the most noticeable changes. I haven't played Fahrenheit in years, but from looking at some screenshots from the original release reviews, Aspyr cleaned up the graphics.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
They are? o_O

Yup, from the announcement thread:

My PC version:

pxmifd.png

Amazon Remastered:

815eoOkkGnL._SL1500_.jpg

Barely any difference

At least it'll have a widescreen option though

Mostly touch ups on blurrier textures and some minor work here and there. Some are better than others.

zkylon

zkylewd
I literally only play tank Shen on top lane.

I used to play different champs on there too, like Garen, Vlad and Lux, but for the last year I settled on him. Shen is a lot of fun, because it's easier to help team mates no matter where you are and it's quite easy to react to your enemies and tweak your build during the match.

wow you're crazy

also don't play lux in the top lane you nut

Unity is a mess. Wow.

Saving to the registry is so bone-headed. I mean, yes, it's probably to avoid any problem with file permissions.. but man! I can't think of a more anti-player save solution than this.

well it's less meant for like saving game progress and more like for saving settings or stuff like that

i'm sure there are tons of free solutions in the asset store now to easily save into your own files

like, it's not a big deal, it's not necessarily the most common feature for free game development engines (tho it is pretty common). also i dunno about the current of version of unity, maybe now it's easier to write into a file (i remember back in the day doing some weird hacks to like call c++ funcions or somehing like that? i forget...)

Speevy

Banned
How do you guys even know this Indigo Prophecy remaster is any good without waiting for impressions from anyone?

That's crazy.

ModBot said:
Instructions for Speevy:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste. Your giveaway will be automatically reposted on your behalf.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Speevy, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Fahrenheit: Indigo Prophecy Remastered -- MB-76FFD7B80118D2BA - Taken by FLD. 50 entrants total.

t1422520389z1.png

Turfster

well it's less meant for like saving game progress and more like for saving settings or stuff like that

i'm sure there are tons of free solutions in the asset store now to easily save into your own files

like, it's not a big deal, it's not necessarily the most common feature for free game development engines (tho it is pretty common). also i dunno about the current of version of unity, maybe now it's easier to write into a file (i remember back in the day doing some weird hacks to like call c++ funcions or somehing like that? i forget...)

It's piss easy to write to a file and always has been, they still don't mention it in the docs tho, so everyone uses the annoying registry bullshit.
There's a crapton of free assets that do savegames too.

MUnited83

For you.
How do you guys even know this Indigo Prophecy remaster is any good without waiting for impressions from anyone?

That's crazy.

It's the same game with updated textures, widescreen and controller support. There's not much in the way of impressions to have in the first place.

zkylon

zkylewd
It's piss easy to write to a file and always has been, they still don't mention it in the docs tho, so everyone uses the annoying registry bullshit.
There's a crapton of free assets that do savegames too.
like i said, it's a student project, may have been out of he developer's reach as it was out of mine when i tried unity like 5 years ago

tmarg

Steam reviews ripping HoMM3 HD to shreds? Steam reviews ripping HoMM3 HD to shreds.
It boggles my mind why DotEmu keeps getting all those port jobs.

So, umm, demo versions renamed? Don't see what all the fuss is about.

I don't understand why anyone would make an HD version of HoMM3 in the first place. The game still looks amazing. And not being able to include the expansions pretty much guarantees that version will be the worst one available.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom