• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2016 - Out of cash, out of cache

Status
Not open for further replies.

Backlogger

My 7 year old was playing Scribblenauts and said "Hey Dad, look what happens when I type in 'gaf', it makes a NeoGAF logo appear"

Was blown away that he knows about GAF already. I guess I can't assume he isn't reading GAF over my shoulder.

Hektor

What I find incredible is that they bothered to add the GAF logo into the game, lol.

When interacted with, it will spawn a gamer

In Scribblenauts (original game), when you write "virgin", appears a gamer.

330x192

Knurek

My 7 year old was playing Scribblenauts and said "Hey Dad, look what happens when I type in 'gaf'', it makes a NeoGAF logo appear"

Was blown away that he knows about GAF already. I guess I can't assume he isn't reading GAF over my shoulder.

I-i-is that you, dad?

How big is Dragons Dogma btw?

I arrived at the capital now and I am just wondering how big the actual game is. I also wonder whether its possible to get this permanent teleportstone. It kinda sucks that I somehow can only buy it in the capital.

zkylon

zkylewd
I do think souls 1 philosophy is similar to dmc and ng though, in the fact that it gives you enough sound/visual cues to dodge every single attack but except it's a lot slower, I've played it mostly with poopy gears and the major thing different is that the damage curve affect the difficulty, it's still very comparable to other japanese action games, I still think souls games compare closely to character action games than witcher to souls.
ok, i'm gonna change my approach cos i think it's been kind of nonproductive tbh

first, let's forget about witcha. who cares about other threads or whatever, definitely not me if they want to make a billion threads about it

and let's say it's fine to compare dark souls to bayonetta, they do have things in common and critical differences that sets them apart, namely the animation priority leading to slower more deliberate gameplay overall

so having said that, what would you see discussed about those two games compared to each other? you think bayo needs better level design (spoiler: i do, all platinum games have garbage corridor->arena->corridor level design, which is my #1 worry about nier2)? you think dark souls needs combos or some new combat mechanics? etc?

edit: i also just had a realization that the game the exploration in dark souls reminds me most of is original xcom. that feeling of slowly walking into the darkness, knowing that death awaits in every corner if you're not super careful. but OH THE REWARDS if you play that out correctly! now it makes so perfect sense why i love both games so much

My point was that parts of that game aren't pretty by mere chance, and that you couldn't just stick anybody there and expect to have the same results. This game has some nice art design at times. It just isn't consistently good.

Games in general span the entire gamut, from downright ugly nearly all the time to very pretty nearly all the time.
i don't think this is the case tho

i'd say el shaddai is a very ugly game with some lucky moments in which it isn't. it's uglier more often than not, and just feels like they're randomly throwing color palettes trying to see if one sticks, and one or two times it does. it's an ugly game, that's not by chance either

on top of that it's always boring and has a pretentious nonsensical story that's not even mildly amusing

it's an awful game through and through and definitely gonna be a waste of time and money if they release it on pc

lmao

yuraya

How big is Dragons Dogma btw?

I arrived at the capital now and I am just wondering how big the actual game is. I also wonder whether its possible to get this permanent teleportstone. It kinda sucks that I somehow can only buy it in the capital.

You don't have to buy anything. Just go to the inn in the capital and withdraw the eternal ferrystone from item box. It lets you unlimited fast travel between the starting city and the capital.

Arthea

I wrote a huge bitter post to answer to Durante's post comparing sports cars to PC gadgets or parts, but then I decided that's too depressive and deleted all of it.
just letting you know

What I wanna ask, how I force Trails to use my other video card, I set it in Nvidia control panel, but the launcher sees only one card and not one I want to use and I don't see any way around it.
I also begin to suspect, that win 10 doesn't like two GPUs, and most of problems come from there, as crashes, drivers problems and slowness of it all. I can't say I'm sure, but I just don't see any other reasons.

mrgone

Anteater

ok, i'm gonna change my approach cos i think it's been kind of nonproductive tbh

first, let's forget about witcha. who cares about other threads or whatever, definitely not me if they want to make a billion threads about it

and let's say it's fine to compare dark souls to bayonetta, they do have things in common and critical differences that sets them apart, namely the animation priority leading to slower more deliberate gameplay overall

so having said that, what would you see discussed about those two games compared to each other? you think bayo needs better level design (spoiler: i do, all platinum games have garbage corridor->arena->corridor level design, which is my #1 worry about nier2)? you think dark souls needs combos or some new combat mechanics? etc?

edit: i also just had a realization that the game the exploration in dark souls reminds me most of is original xcom. that feeling of slowly walking into the darkness, knowing that death awaits in every corner if you're not super careful. but OH THE REWARDS if you play that out correctly! now it makes so perfect sense why i love both games so much

Well the premise was that I'd rather see comparison between dmc games and souls than Witcher and souls, because this board seem to like comparing everything to souls games which you know, are different.

Which leads to the fact I think dmc, ninja gaiden, bayonetta and other japanese action games do have similar design philosophy, except that, dark souls based its damage curve on stats, and dark souls 2 has stuff like invincibility frames relying on another stat, I wouldn't want to talk about bayo or dmc's level design because they are absolutely poop to me, dmc1's level design is a remnant of resident evil and while some people like it.... I don't.

So it's left with just core combat, I am not good at both souls games and dmc, so I'd like to read about the comparison between the two rather than the whole witcha and souls comparison which are nothing alike, over and over.

Parsnip

So, there's word that Lollipop Chainsaw is in active beta testing for Steam, heads up. I need a confirm on it, but it looks like it might be happening.

I believe it when I see it.
My first reaction to that is that someone who doesn't understand how Steamdb works looked at Steamdb and saw the (abandoned) app and drew some bad conclusions.

zkylon

zkylewd
Well the premise was that I'd rather see comparison between dmc games and souls than Witcher and souls, because this board seem to like comparing everything to souls games which you know, are different.

Which leads to the fact I think dmc, ninja gaiden, bayonetta and other japanese action games do have similar design philosophy, except that, dark souls based its damage curve on stats, and dark souls 2 has stuff like invincible frames relying on another stat, I wouldn't want to talk about bayo or dmc's level design because they are absolutely poop to me, dmc1's level design is a remnant of resident evil and while some people like it.... I don't.

So it's left with just core combat, I am not good at both souls games and dmc, so I'd like to read about the comparison between the two rather than the whole witcha and souls comparison which are nothing alike, over and over.
feels to me like you're less for dmc "vs" souls than against witcha "vs" souls

which i guess it's fine by me, but then i'd just suggest you learn to ignore it cos u know, who cares!

also tbh i wouldn't say nothing alike as cdpr has named dark souls as one of the inspirations for their combat. sure, it's not really a dark souls-like game, but u know, they brought it into the conversation :p

Anteater

feels to me like you're less for dmc "vs" souls than against witcha "vs" souls

which i guess it's fine by me, but then i'd just suggest you learn to ignore it cos u know, who cares!

also tbh i wouldn't say nothing alike as cdpr has named dark souls as one of the inspirations for their combat. sure, it's not really a dark souls-like game, but u know, they brought it into the conversation :p

no, more like:

i want to see dmc/bayonetta/ng being pit against souls games more than they do on the witcher, if the witcher is the sacred cow it'd be the opposite

I don't have any attachment with any of those games I mentioned but I do hate how this forum seem to be skew towards a certain franchise

witcher's combat isn't actually good nor flexible, so it's silly to keep talking about how it compares to games that are actually better like souls, but what if souls is being pit against other games?

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
Hmm, I can't remember the name of the game but it's like not released yet, 4 player co-op with a lot of filters and I think zombies or strawmen or something.
Anyone know the name? Think it got some gameplay trailers after the last E3.

Sorry, I am honestly not sure if I get it, are you referring to the recent Atlus thread?

Huh?

They are making fun of what some people has said in earlier JP games to steam threads and stuff.

zkylon

zkylewd
no, more like:

i want to see dmc/bayonetta/ng being pit against souls games more than they do on the witcher, if the witcher is the sacred cow it'd be the opposite

I don't have any attachment with any of those games I mentioned but I do hate how this forum seem to be skew towards a certain franchise

witcher's combat isn't actually good nor flexible, so it's silly to keep talking about how it compares to games that are actually better like souls, but what if souls is being pit against other games?

i notice this a lot about ppl around here

why do u care about what other ppl talk about?

just make your thread if u think there's something to be discussed

create the conversation yourself, stop complaining about what other ppl find discussion-worthy!

you're a smart person, don't get hung up on silly crap

don't be a dumbo

Anteater

i notice this a lot about ppl around here

why do u care about what other ppl talk about?

just make your thread if u think there's something to be discussed

create the conversation yourself, stop complaining about what other ppl find discussion-worthy!

you're a smart person, don't get hung up on silly crap

don't be a dumbo

because the conversation is dumb in the first place and there's a fucking shit load of them, and if I'm knowledgeable to start a thread about what I want to read about I would

it's not that hard to understand is it? I want to read non shit thread, and there's none, so I'm complaining about it here.

zkylon

zkylewd
because the conversation is dumb in the first place and there's a fucking shit load of them, and if I'm knowledgeable to to start a thread about what I want to read about I would

it's not that hard to understand is it? I want to read non shit thread, and there's none.
you're putting yourself in an unwinnable position tho

you're not making the thread you wish existed

and you're getting upset over threads that do exist

i feel you, it sucks that people say dumb stuff, but u know, complaining about it doesn't really help, i think you should make your thread, see what happens, give ppl a chance to have their debate instead of calling them immature :>

that's my opinion at least

Lomax

Lollipop Chainsaw is right up there with Dragon's Dogma in the category of "it never made any sense there was no PC version." Those two and Red Dead Redemption.

Nillansan

They are making fun of what some people has said in earlier JP games to steam threads and stuff.

Thanks for the clarification, do you know which thread they are referring to?

EDIT: Oh shit now I remember, it was the Steam Help-desk Leak thread. The news of more Japanese games making it to Steam made some dude feel physically ill. It has reached meme status.

Anteater

you're putting yourself in an unwinnable position tho

you're not making the thread you wish existed

and you're getting upset over threads that do exist

i feel you, it sucks that people say dumb stuff, but u know, complaining about it doesn't really help, i think you should make your thread, see what happens, give ppl a chance to have their debate instead of calling them immature :>

that's my opinion at least

i'm just that guy who just likes to complain tho because you know i really like to read than talk about things i'm not really knowledgeable about

people saying a bunch of stuff they're ignorant about here is really a problem with this community

zkylon

zkylewd
i'm just that guy who just likes to complain tho because you know i really like to read than talk about things i'm not really knowledgeable about

people saying a bunch of stuff they're ignorant about here is really a problem with this community
i'd say ppl complaining about others is a big problem with this community too >:3

but if u want to read stuff from knowledgeable people go ahead, ask me anything about league :>

Ozium

can't believe the shit posting on El Shaddai in here.. bunch of damned heathens..

it's definitely in my list of top ten games based on the bible, apocrypha and pseudepigraphical texts

Anteater

i'd say ppl complaining about others is a big problem with this community too >:3

but if u want to read stuff from knowledgeable people go ahead, ask me anything about league :>

so are people complaining about the complainiing

and LoL is shit

shiiiiitt

you know I really don't even know what a MOBA is and I'm going to remain pure and not know about it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom