• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2016 - Out of cash, out of cache

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anteater

all of my screenshots are coming out sorta weird

screenshot_2016-01-178kqno.jpg

zkylon

zkylewd
please tell me more about league of legends princess zkylana of valoran

why thank you for asking!

most gracious of you, too, to call me by my proper name

league of legends is a multiplayer online battle arena game (MOBA for short) in which two teams of 5 players compete against each other to kill each other, take down turrets and destroy the enemy base!

each player picks a hero unit (called champions) out of a roster of over 120, each with their own unique abilities and stats, ranging from assassins to supports and then coordinate with your team to gank and kill and teamfight and eventually destroy the enemy nexus and be happy!

and then you buy a skin for your favorite champion cos you did really well with them, but after a while you find a new champion that you love and you buy a skin for them but a few months later that first skin you bought isn't doing it for you anymore so you buy a new one and then a legendary skin comes out for that first champion you liked so you buy that one but you don't even play that champion anymore and now this new champion is coming out and he's got a really cool launch skin but he's a jungler and you don't even jungle but you still buy him cos that dance on his launch skin is so funny and you buy him and the skin both and never play them and then it's snowdown sales and riot puts up 8 skins specially for you for your favorite champions and at 70% how you can say no so now you have that skin for ashe that's really good and you start playing ashe even if you don't really like her and now there's a new skin for that first champion you loved and you know, you got two already, there's only two more to go to have them all and you buy it anyways even if you don't play that champion and now it's been 4 years and you've spent hundreds of dollars on this thing and you're never getting away and you spend your weekends watching competitive league and all you talk about with your friends is league of legends and you know more people that play the game than not and you stop hanging out with ppl that don't and you're really happy

Asgaro

league of legends is a multiplayer online battle arena game (MOBA for short) in which two teams of 5 players compete against each other to kill each other, take down turrets and destroy the enemy base!

each player picks a hero unit (called champions) out of a roster of over 120, each with their own unique abilities and stats, ranging from assassins to supports and then coordinate with your team to gank and kill and teamfight and eventually destroy the enemy nexus and be happy!

and then you buy a skin for your favorite champion cos you did really well with them, but after a while you find a new champion that you love and you buy a skin for them but a few months later that first skin you bought isn't doing it for you anymore so you buy a new one and then a legendary skin comes out for that first champion you liked so you buy that one but you don't even play that champion anymore and now this new champion is coming out and he's got a really cool launch skin but he's a jungler and you don't even jungle but you still buy him cos that dance on his launch skin is so funny and you buy him and the skin both and never play them and then it's snowdown sales and riot puts up 8 skins specially for you for your favorite champions and at 70% how you can say no so now you have that skin for ashe that's really good and you start playing ashe even if you don't really like her and now there's a new skin for that first champion you loved and you know, you got two already, there's only two more to go to have them all and you buy it anyways even if you don't play that champion and now it's been 4 years and you've spent hundreds of dollars on this thing and you're never getting away and you spend your weekends watching competitive league and all you talk about with your friends is league of legends and you know more people that play the game than not and you stop hanging out with ppl that don't and you're really happy

m60EwKz.jpg

Anteater

I don't know why I read the last paragraph 3 times to try and understand it

but I did

I hope you're happy with yourself

zkylon

zkylewd
I don't know why I read the last paragraph 3 times to try and understand it

but I did

I hope you're happy with yourself
yeah knowing that makes me pretty happy >:3

Sounds like a shit gaming experience.

whatever do you mean

it's the best!

Why isn't it called league of champions then?
that's a really good question that really has no answer as there's actually no league of legends either in the game so everything about the name is pretty much meaningless lol

also league of legends has a nice ring to it

zkylon

zkylewd
are paragorn and battleborn f2p?

i just wanna play overwatch, a fps with moba-like designs sounds so damn awesome, specially when those characters are so league-like

tuxfool

Banned
are paragorn and battleborn f2p?

i just wanna play overwatch, a fps with moba-like designs sounds so damn awesome, specially when those characters are so league-like

The former will be, not the latter. There is no way something that is hobby grade is f2p.

Got my PS3 Dark Arisen save transferred over woot

I really want to play Oxenfree(not fort as I've been calling it) but I'm not going to do so until they fix the 4K support. How do you not test that before launching?

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
200w.gif

This is your brain.

200w.gif

And this is League of Legends.

And this is your brain after playing League of Legends:
200w.gif

But that's not all.
200w.gif

giphy.gif

200w.gif

Any questions?

Deitus

Yaaaaasss! Bookmarked.

I still probably won't buy it right away, but at least I won't have to start over for the third time. I honestly wasn't even that far (stopped right after getting to Gran Soren both times), but I really didn't want to start over again.

I very much want to play the game at a decent resolution/framerate though.

zkylon

zkylewd
Battleborn isn't, paragon "should" be.
The former will be, not the latter. There is no way something that is hobby grade is f2p.
tyty

Overwatch's art is way better.
yea, just asking for price cos my friends aren't into buying games so if i want to play with them i might look for the f2p games

tho paragon looks really ugly and not my thing at all

well it gets it right that only hot people play league of legends

zkylon

zkylewd
Rachel Leigh Cook isn't doing drugsplaying League in that gif.

You're not Rachel Leigh Cook.

I'm Rachel Leigh Cook.

well in this case rachel leigh cook is like a metaphore for our hotness

i'm not really rachel leigh cook

but i'm rachel leigh cook

breaking eggs

and looking good as i do it

that's league of legends

zkylon

zkylewd
IF you're saying that then I'm not sure your opinions on El Shaddai are worthy of consideration.

i mean, i look at this and it's like the most nondescript, generic artstyle ever, just a bunch of sci-fi dudes with guns

This is the in-game character model.
so a face?

i dunno what that's supposed to represent lol, that's a fine looking face that will get turned into a pink blur when you're just walking around in the actual game

~Kinggi~

Banned
I think she was also in that episode of law & order.

and actually she has been in a ton of movies. She was like, a teen hit for a few years.

I actually never made the connection with that drugs commercial. I guess she must have got her start there.

tuxfool

Banned
i mean, i look at this and it's like the most nondescript, generic artstyle ever, just a bunch of sci-fi dudes with guns

Yes, but you said ugly, those adjectives have different meanings. If you go take a walk in the forest and say, "damn these surroundings are ugly".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom