• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2016 - Out of cash, out of cache

Status
Not open for further replies.
MGSV got a 95 mb update. EDIT: It seems is MGO related, push to talk.

Veronica is VERY good (and I played the original version on DC, so no difficulty selection), also a VERY hard RE (not like RE Rebirth).
I loved each moment of it, but I never played Code Veronica X.
Also when I played the game the first time, I knew english just a little, and there were no subtitles in the DC version (not even in english), so I think I lost something plot related.

The fact Code Veronica is available on PSN and Capcom didn't port it on PC with RE4 is strange.

I also like CV but I don't agree that it's hard. There's a ton of ammo, I replayed it recently and when I finished the first area I had over 100 bullets, over 100 arrows, 12 grenades for the grenade launcher and more than 50% left in the dual pistols. Final boss sucks though and can be really annoying. I gave up waiting for a steam release and got it on PSN since it was cheap during the winter sale.

We're doing girl of the year lol?

1- Estelle Bright
2- Ciri

Haven't played LiS yet.

wazoo

Way too sterile and dead looking, it doesn't have the feel of the Xbox One™ version, that version had soul and a certain vibe to it, the resolution and framerate were shaky just like Lara's internal conflict and fear, this version is just soulless and those screens probably require at least a $3,000 Radeon Titan graphics chip to run and match the One's™ looks and performance.

Totally agree. The PC version is too fluid, unnatural.

i also quite impressed that you can see the big difference in framerate in screenshots too;. GaF members have very good eyes.

Ludens

Banned
I also like CV but I don't agree that it's hard. There's a ton of ammo, I replayed it recently and when I finished the first area I had over 100 bullets, over 100 arrows, 12 grenades for the grenade launcher and more than 50% left in the dual pistols. Final boss sucks though and can be really annoying. I gave up waiting for a steam release and got it on PSN since it was cheap during the winter sale.

What version did you play? Because on DC, at least in the beginning, it's very hard, you start with a knife only and zombie plus dogs deal a lot of damage.

Arthea

I decided to go original and instead of girls to do 5 best puzzle games of 2015
(and Estelle is the best anyway, that's obvious)

1. Paint it Back
2. Letter Quest: Grimm's Journey
3. Unium
4. Quell
5. SquareCells

What version did you play? Because on DC, at least in the beginning, it's very hard, you start with a knife only and zombie plus dogs deal a lot of damage.

The playthrough I'm talking about was CVX on PS3 which is the version I'd expect to see on steam if it ever gets ported but I did play the original on the DC back when it was released.

Dr Dogg

I decided to go original and instead of girls to do 5 best puzzle games of 2015
(and Estelle is the best anyway, that's obvious)

1. Paint it Back
2. Letter Quest: Grimm's Journey
3. Unium
4. Quell
5. SquareCells

No TIS-100 already makes this list invalid. And if it's because you haven't played it yet then that makes you invalid!

Ludens

Banned
The playthrough I'm talking about was CVX on PS3 which is the version I'd expect to see on steam if it ever gets ported but I did play the original on the DC back when it was released.

Dunno, at the beginning for me was very hard, but like every other RE, by proceeding the game becomes easier.
I remember anyway I killed a boss with a knife because I had no ammo left.

Today's my birthday! 27 years old, don't feel a day over 30! Gonna get some sleep now, order a pizza later and play some video games all night, just like every other day...

MyKwSpV.png

Ban Puncher

Impossible. I logged every day and even did all events gaining max MB coins from them, how can you gain almost 4000 MB coins?
I had around 2800 by logging from day one, even if I missed, let's say, 300 MB coins, they are not enough to build 3 Fobs.

I've logged in every day, done all the events and received all the bonuses.

The FOB's I bought where both 1200 and I even have 5 MB's left over.

git gud

Also, you don't pay for FOB1.

Dunno, at the beginning for me was very hard, but like every other RE, by proceeding the game becomes easier.
I remember anyway I killed a boss with a knife because I had no ammo left.

I don't remember how it stacks up to the original in terms of dificulty, I got the impression that Claire was able to take more damage than I remember but it's been a long time.

I just wish my week wasn't so busy so I could spend more time playing dress-up with Becky :)

Seriously though, I'm a sucker for RE and the RE0 remaster is gorgeous, I hope I can put some time into it today.

Arthea

No time like the present. I bought it twice! Then again I might have issues with impulsive urges to waste money.

don't you feel this strange urge to buy one more like right now?

gimme keys

please don't, I'm kidding, you know how many games I have, right?

edited; damn, forgot most important part, nice thread, btw

Ludens

Banned
I've logged in every day, done all the events and received all the bonuses.

The FOB's I bought where both 1200 and I even have 5 MB's left over.

git gud

Also, you don't pay for FOB1.

Ah, you are right. I totally forgot FOB1 is free, mystery solved than.
And if you bought 2 Fobs with 5 MB left, you should really git gud, because I own more MB coins than you, so OF COURSE I did it better :D

Also happy birthday Leader and MaxiLive!

MaxiLive

Today's my birthday! 27 years old, don't feel a day over 30! Gonna get some sleep now, order a pizza later and play some video games all night, just like every other day...

MyKwSpV.png

Happy Birthday! Also to hijack this it is also my birthday today ^-^ (28 years old...) And I bring games!!! Enjoy the Tomb Raider HYPE:
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 8 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (MaxiLive, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Tomb Raider: Legend -- MB-6E94CA41DF8DFF66 - Taken by bobnowhere. 1 entrants total.
The Last Remnant -- MB-BC203D44D4D616F2 - Taken by Balthuk. 1 entrants total.
Tomb Raider I -- MB-16CB131F7E727F24 - Taken by shervinrs. 1 entrants total.
t1cxE6r.gif
Murdered: Soul Suspect -- MB-DB76A061703EB227 - Taken by fuzzy123. 7 entrants total.
Tomb Raider: Underworld -- MB-54D299357CA694F0 - Taken by anastef. 2 entrants total.
Tomb Raider II -- MB-8806811321B46D7C - Taken by Bayonetta. 1 entrants total.
Tomb Raider III -- MB-20EC63825186CE8D - Taken by Belgarion. 1 entrants total.
Tomb Raider: Anniversary -- MB-7A4A831332E003C1 - Taken by Haunted. 6 entrants total.

t1453382462z1.png

Ban Puncher

Guilty Gear's sub is still up, for those in regions where the game is cheaper than Humble's price of USD$7.49 or if it's otherwise cheaper. Grab it while you can.

Still cheaper at HB but thanks for the heads up. Bought.

Ah, you are right. I totally forgot FOB1 is free, mystery solved than.
And if you bought 2 Fobs with 5 MB left, you should really git gud, because I own more MB coins than you, so OF COURSE I did it better :D

Also happy birthday Leader and MaxiLive!

You never redeemed the minimum amount of MB to reduce time on builds to receive event bonuses?

git guder

I am on PS4 so it may be different.

Arthea

It just occurred to me that I will be very much asleep when jshackles posts our GOTY countdown. Oh well, you can't have everything.

unrelated:
SE site is so weird, it has no FF9 amongst upcoming games at all. SE, pls

If any publisher is secretly harbouring plans for world domination from their skull fortress built into an inactive volcano it's EA. That's pretty much assured after Andrew Wilson came pimped out like a Bond villain at last years E3.

That was actually awesome, and I like to imagine that he knew nothing about it until got to see on internets.

Dr Dogg

If any publisher is secretly harbouring plans for world domination from their skull fortress built into an inactive volcano it's EA. That's pretty much assured after Andrew Wilson came pimped out like a Bond villain at last years E3.

Ludens

Banned
You never redeemed the minimum amount of MB to reduce time on builds to receive event bonuses?

git guder

I am on PS4 so it may be different.

Nope, never reduced time or spend my MB coins on Fob, I burned all of them into useless hats and uniforms I won't ever use in MGO (PC).
Also I never noticed by reduing development time you should receive a bonus, only boni I took were from the "gain X amount of points during this event to get 200 MB coins" or "spend your Fob battle point to grab something and receive 30 MB coins".

I had 2850 or so MB coins by doing this.

Also this is the DEAL of the day:

https://www.indiegala.com/store/product/mortal-kombat-x-premium-edition/59819_ig

WB needs all your money, guys.

Ban Puncher

Come here to see what's the lowdown on Steam related things....

Anime.... Anime fuckin' everywhere. Too much anime.

Nobody posts anime for pages and then some guy Johnny-Come-Lately comes along and tries to trigger it.

SteamGAF is full of users who are tsundere for anime it seems.

I'll do the thread a solid though and not post an expected kawaii JIF.

Nope, never reduced time or spend my MB coins on Fob, I burned all of them into useless hats and uniforms I won't ever use in MGO (PC).
Also I never noticed by reduing development time you should receive a bonus, only boni I took were from the "gain X amount of points during this event to get 200 MB coins" or "spend your Fob battle point to grab something and receive 30 MB coins".

I had 2850 or so MB coins by doing this.

They had some events where if you spent MB to reduce time on a build then you got some bonuses like staff, resources and GMP. The amount of MB coins required is based on time left so I'd wait until the last second so I would only spend a few coins.

Smash88

Banned
Nobody posts anime for pages and then some guy Johnny-Come-Lately comes along and tries to trigger it.

SteamGAF is full of users who are tsundere for anime it seems.

I'm sorry I can't stop laughing at SteamGAF and tsundere being used in the same sentence. Something seems off lol

Smash88
bottom-tier poster :mad:

you asked for this!

YOU ASKED FOR THIS! BRINGING ALL THESE ANIMES AND KAWAII THINGS IN HERE!

Lashman keeping things grounded AND EVERYONE HERE JUST TRYING TO BURN IT TO THE GROUND!

Ludens

Banned
They had some events where if you spent MB to reduce time on a build then you got some bonuses like staff, resources and GMP. The amount of MB coins required is based on time left so I'd wait until the last second so I would only spend a few coins.

So I was right, the boni were soldiers and GMP, not MB coins. Nope, I never wasted MB coins here, FOB is pretty much useless, I just disarmed 120 nukes before turning sane again, since we won't ever unlock the hidden nuke ending. Even Konami gave up, they are not providing info about this anymore :D

Happy Birthday! Also to hijack this it is also my birthday today ^-^ (28 years old...) And I bring games!!! Enjoy the Tomb Raider HYPE:
Happy birthday to both of you!

Emphasis on the word "trying"; they are obviously not trying, they have it down to a fine art at this point.

Ban Puncher

If anime is mentioned again than I shall unleash the ANIMEPOCALYPSE.

You're on notice, SteamGAF.

So I was right, the boni were soldiers and GMP, not MB coins. Nope, I never wasted MB coins here, FOB is pretty much useless, I just disarmed 120 nukes before turning sane again, since we won't ever unlock the hidden nuke ending. Even Konami gave up, they are not providing info about this anymore :D

I don't think they've ever done a trade MB for an MB reward.

I haven't spent a single MB in MGO as I haven't even used that mode yet. I'm all about those FOB's and PF warz.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom