• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2016 - Out of cash, out of cache

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arthea

Sold my Xbone copy already for a smidge over £24 which was £11 less than I bought it for and used the 2016 25% GMG voucher to snag the PC version for £30. So in total the whole ordeal has cost me £47 but hey I got to play it on release, knock out the story and got 24 hours worth of entertainment that I get to do all again. I'm sure my buoyant enthusiasm is hiding a deep regret in there somewhere.

but as you've played it already, you could have waited until some decent discount. I would have. Or do you mean you going to play it again right away? It's that good?

Turfster

Really? Nvidia ran out of keys for RotTR?
H... How does this happen?

Print X vouchers, tell publisher you need X keys.
Am I missing something?

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of titch, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 7 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (titch, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last week, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Squarelands -- MB-FC1C3ED108565539 - Taken by Abomination. 1 entrants total.
Lost Moon -- MB-D5611893DA616587 - Taken by Tesseract. 3 entrants total.
Three Digits -- MB-745C36A257CCA4E4 - Taken by Baron_Calamity. 3 entrants total.
HassleHeart -- MB-68FB8312879B2D5E - Taken by lindarasta. 1 entrants total.
Endorlight -- MB-1312B637015DCE78 - Taken by darkchewie. 1 entrants total.
Steel Rain -- MB-7E6E30C7E7D7BB26 - Taken by E_Darkness. 2 entrants total.
Velocibox -- MB-951A1AD75D86D30D - Taken by Saty. 3 entrants total.

t1452206396z1.png

Played Tomb Raider 2013 and dont like of what I played so far. Terribly linear. Not sure if I'm gonna for the Rise, though the eye candy is great.

Killing Floor 2 looks pretty good graphically these days. Great textures, lighting, and the Nvidia powered gore makes it a lot more dynamic than it was at launch.

Am I missing something?

What has said they ran out of keys?

The "out of stock" message?

It's said that the whole time so far...I haven't seen anyone anywhere saying actual Steam keys were available yet

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
Played Tomb Raider 2013 and dont like of what I played so far. Terribly linear. Not sure if I'm gonna for the Rise, though the eye candy is great.
I returned it really quickly because it was really bland to me overall which made me as I progressed come to hate it.
No interest in picking up the sequel at all.

4K TV now.

Tales of in 4k or with the 60fps fix. Can only choose one, because somehow if I play in 4k the fps fix lets the game run in slowmotion.

Jawmuncher

I didn't care for TR2013 but I loved ROTTR. Think it's still worth giving the sequel a chance, even if you didn't likev2013. The game not being a origin story or having to rely on all these stranded characters really helps it out.

Turfster

What has said they ran out of keys?

The "out of stock" message?

It's said that the whole time so far...I haven't seen anyone anywhere saying actual Steam keys were available yet

Oh.
The first couple of pages of people that redeemed it never mentioned that, so I figured it was something that had changed after a while.
And yeah, I know nobody got a Steam key yet.

Arthea

I didn't care for TR2013 but I loved ROTTR. Think it's still worth giving the sequel a chance, even if you didn't likev2013. The game not being a origin story or having to rely on all these stranded characters really helps it out.

kindly tell me that there are no QTEs too

Parsnip

Anyways I hope you're all ready to forgive Squeinx for treating you like a bunch of mugs and pick up RotTR when it comes out. Which I really, really doubt is going to happen.
Seems like a lot of folks are waiting for the nvidia promo to officially start to redeem them keys.

Dr Dogg

Also to add to the stack of new upcoming titles on the backlog I got Street Fighter V as a crimbo pressie. Of course went and had a dick around in Ultra SFIV to dust of the cobwebs but after a couple of years away what was left of my 'skill' has turned to nothing but rust. Plus playing Arcade is one of the worst things I could have done to get me back on the waggon. Seth is still bullshit even on lower difficulties (not Gill levels mind). Makes me wonder what Arcade Mode is going to be like in V.

but as you've played it already, you could have waited until some decent discount. I would have. Or do you mean you going to play it again right away? It's that good?

Arthea, I bought an Xbone pretty much specifically to play RotTR knowing full well it was coming out on PC in around 3 months. Clearly I'm off my fucking rocker that buying a game again that I really enjoyed is the least of my problems.

Am I missing something?

I think the redemption thing just isn't active yet. That's also what it says when they suspend redemption after the promotion expires, so I imagine it's just a sort of placeholder thing. I haven't seen anyone mention actually getting a steam key out of that website yet.

Sitting here with my pants on fire though, should probably play some of my steam sale acquisitions to tide me over the wait.

Jawmuncher

kindly tell me that there are no QTEs too

There's barely any, it's not heavy like the prior game. The biggest sequence I recall is during the beginning. After that they really don't pop up. Even then it wasn't anything ridiculous.

20 for it via nvidia is a steal.

Arthea

Arthea, I bought an Xbone pretty much specifically to play RotTR knowing full well it was coming out on PC in around 3 months. Clearly I'm off my fucking rocker that buying a game again that I really enjoyed is the least of my problems.

oh wow, that's what I call dedication! OK, gotcha, not questioning your motives anymore

There's barely any, it's not heavy like the prior game. The biggest sequence I recall is during the beginning. After that they really don't pop up. Even then it wasn't anything ridiculous.

20 for it via nvidia is a steal.

RotTR sounds better and better by the minute

Shadownet

Banned
Enemy Within is the same story as Enemy Unknown

it just adds maps, cybernetic/psyonic upgrades, a base defense scenario, new races, alien robots and the exalt group who are brainwashed humans

none of that matters in 2, so the chronological order is The Bureau > Enemy Within > Resurrection (the book) > 2

Ahhhh okay, thanks!

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
pretty much everything that has been said about RotTR is that it improves on the reboot in about every way

Which is amazing for those of us that loved TR2013. I'm glad it's coming to PC so soon, I wasn't sure how long I'd be able to hold off from buying an Xbox One and becoming part of the problem in regards to platform exclusivity.

I liked TR2013 but, I got it for so cheap that might have something to do with it.
Same. I really enjoyed it, and it was one of the first games I got for my PC when I built it. But, I got it for 5 bucks just shy of a year after it came out. Shelling out $45 to $60 for the latest one seems pretty steep in comparison

BasilZero

After I finish DmC - I'm gonna play Tomb Raider Reboot.

I'll get the sequel sometime in the future ;o.

Man I just wish Bamco would just respond at least on what the status is on Alisha's DLC -___-.

Sent two twitter posts - one to the Tales of U twitter and Namco Bandai EU twitter.

I'm surprised there's no NA division.

Which is amazing for those of us that loved TR2013. I'm glad it's coming to PC so soon, I wasn't sure how long I'd be able to hold off from buying an Xbox One and becoming part of the problem in regards to platform exclusivity.

I liked the reboot a lot too (played it to 100% on 360)

so paying $20 for the sequel was a great price

Parsnip

I've actually been thinking about replaying TR reboot now that I have a beefier PC, crank some settings up that I previously couldn't.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I've actually been thinking about replaying TR reboot now that I have a beefier PC, crank some settings up that I previously couldn't.

Sounds better than what I did, which was replay the game on Playstation 4 to double dip on the trophies. Game was still great but ran like total dogshit even compared to my HD 7850. But I got TR2013 as an AMD promo for buying said HD 7850, so it's not like I could run it any better than I did the first time I played it.

Until tomorrow when my R9 390X comes in.

Jazz573

Stuff

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 15 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Jazz573, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

Cherry Tree High Comedy Club -- MB-14CCCBEB16482F68 - Taken by neonglow
I may have already used this key, so please let me know.
Wanderlust: Rebirth -- MB-60C1135867875646 - Taken by SSPssp
ShipLord -- MB-5CB7837A412D4621 - Taken by Purkake4
Schein -- MB-7B55B31CE952AA92 - Taken by LordCommanderNooooo
Cluck Yegger -- MB-1E4DAD82BBFC8360 - Taken by Eila
Energy Balance -- MB-93BD8E84589966C5 - Taken by Belgarion
Pester -- MB-2EF33BB181ED1432
t1cxE6r.gif
Planetary Annihilation -- MB-FE8D71D3648B99A8 - Taken by jdw_b
GooCubelets 2 -- MB-D30592B1E7337C03 - Taken by bobnowhere
Angels of Fasaria: Version 2.0 -- MB-3254060E0A43C99A - Taken by dot
War of the Human Tanks -- MB-6560543B810BC6BF - Taken by texhnolyze
The Silent Age -- MB-692352D8819E986F - Taken by Catshade
Satazius -- MB-3E1FE6A5EFE39918 - Taken by Blu(e)
Ether Vapor Remaster -- MB-8F1E82EB6447BC1F
Cook, Serve, Delicious! -- MB-211701890925627D - Taken by Popstar

Same. I really enjoyed it, and it was one of the first games I got for my PC when I built it. But, I got it for 5 bucks just shy of a year after it came out. Shelling out $45 to $60 for the latest one seems pretty steep in comparison

Yeah I got it for $3.74 so I wasn't getting this new game no time soon probably anyway.

Knurek

Last three boss fights in Final Fantasy XIII-2 are just the biggest 'fuck you' Square could possibly devise.

God almighty.

Also, that ending... WTF?

Dr Dogg

What is odd about RotTR is the Nvidia marketing dealio seeing as there's still a fair bit of AMD tech in it (couple of AMD and CD SIGGRAPH papers go into detail of the bells and whistles). Wonder if it's going be a Crysis 3 type affair where it was a switch at the 11th hour and there ends up being two sets of vendor specific features? TresFX 1.0 and Tessellation in TR13 can still bring an Nvidia GPU to its knees.

Jawmuncher

Last three boss fights in Final Fantasy XIII-2 are just the biggest 'fuck you' Square could possibly devise.

God almighty.

The last boss was the thing I liked most about that game. I was underleveled and it took me 30 minutes to beat it. Had to shift at just the right time or else my entire team was wiped out. Was tense as fuck.

Sazh (synergist), Green Chocobo(heal), and the clockwork monster (sentinel) did me good.

Arthea

God almighty.

There are many endings there, do you talk about true one?
That was amazing!
Like I would never in one thousand years guessed it'll end like this.

Although there are many great endings, but true one is just wow.

What is odd about RotTR is the Nvidia marketing dealio seeing as there's still a fair bit of AMD tech in it (couple of AMD and CD SIGGRAPH papers go into detail of the bells and whistles). Wonder if it's going be a Crysis 3 type affair where it was a switch at the 11th hour and there ends up being two sets of vendor specific features? TresFX 1.0 and Tessellation in TR13 can still bring an Nvidia GPU to its knees.

really odd situation

it uses AMD's TressFX 3.0 and NVIDIA says it will have VXAO (some new AO tech they have)

TresFX 1.0 murdered my HD5870, single digit frames when it zoomed in on her hair, 90+ degree temps, whirling blades of death noise coming from the fans. It works fine on my 980 though, was one of the first things I checked despite having no interest in replaying the game. I hope this is a best of both worlds situation though and not a worst of both worlds where everything is broken and performance is bad because I spent good money on TRROTTTTSSTTSOTOSOTSOTS.

Jazz573

More bundle stuff

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Jazz573, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

dUpLicity -Beyond the Lies- -- MB-9F206172BC9CFF8F - Taken by manueldelalas
Akane the Kunoichi -- MB-51DC222C0631E727 - Taken by Madn

Jawmuncher

I don't even remember what the hell FF13-2 was about. It's all a fever dream to me.
Just recall lightning disappearing, Serah and Noel trying to find her. While Caine was messing with them the entire time they leapt through time.

Don't recall much of what 13 was about either. They get cursed and then fight people lying about them and trying to control everyone.

Arthea

I don't even remember what the hell FF13-2 was about. It's all a fever dream to me.
Just recall lightning disappearing, Serah and Noel trying to find her. While Caine was messing with them the entire time they leapt through time

That's basically it, although I'd spoiler tag it anyway

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
man, fuck those outside areas of Axiom Verge

;_;

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom