• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2016 - Out of cash, out of cache

Status
Not open for further replies.
Playing FF XII I was struck with the thought that it should be possible to connect all the areas without the transitions. Kind of open world like.

I doubt we get anything that ambitious however.

FFXII is one of the few games that I have played through more than twice. An HD remaster would be great but it still looks pretty good on pcsx2.

I've played through the game several times, but I still haven't actually finished it. I always got distracted or fatigued in the middle to end of it, too much traveling even with the fast travel. If they were to make a HD remake, they should add sprint or speed up movement option.

ViviOggi

I never thought much of rally games but after my first event and busted car in Dirt Rally I can totally see the appeal. Truly the Dark Souls of racing games

MUnited83

For you.
Interesting

Well, that would explain why the price went down to 20$ so very quickly. Is there a source for that though? I'd imagine if it was indeed available for 0.01$ there would be many other people everywhere reselling them.

edit: newgg ? We spotted Dirt Rally but nobody spotted one of the biggest releases of January for one cent? :p

jdw_b

Finished Life is Strange

That ending really ramped up the crazy

I am a (big ending spoiler)
mass murderer

Knurek

I've played through the game several times, but I still haven't actually finished it. I always got distracted or fatigued in the middle to end of it, too much traveling even with the fast travel. If they were to make a HD remake, they should add sprint or speed up movement option.

IZJS version already has a speed up option, no need for a HD remake.

Was browsing Steamdb a bit and found two things that may be worth to mention.

(Image link leads to Steamdb entry, title link leads to Wikipedia article)

Armorines: Project S.W.A.R.M.
Acclaim game for N64 and PSone. Presumably something Night Dive Studios may be working on.

Strikers 1945
Shmup from Psikyo. Image is clearly from the first game and I don't think that has ever been separately released outside of Japan, so it's probably not a Console Classic thing.

Well we can always hope nvidia does nothing.

They might not notice it as it's not massively exploited like the dirt rally was.

giphy.gif

C4rter

Finished Life is Strange

That ending really ramped up the crazy

I am a (big ending spoiler)
mass murderer

I chose the same ending but it seems sooo lazy by the writers. I watched "the other ending" on youtube and even though I would not have chosen "the other ending" (because I had the choice to NOT do this) I liked it much better. It's like an ending to a good series. The
mass murderer
ending is like an ending to a shitty movie.

Huh! What is that story about ROTTR keys? And what about Dirt Rally? Do those keys get revoked and the game removed from a steam account who activated it?

Pachimari

Was browsing Steamdb a bit and found two things that may be worth to mention.

Strikers 1945
Shmup from Psikyo. Image is clearly from the first game and I don't think that has ever been separately released outside of Japan, so it's probably not a Console Classic thing.
Oh PLEASE let this be true and release on Steam! This takes me back in time. Remember I had it for PlayStation more than a decade ago when I bought it on my vacation to Asia. I love that game and would love to replay it in local co-op.

Dsyndrome

Matrix is filled out for the rest of my time in grad school, hoped to not touch Comms and Cybertechnology since I'm focusing on Power and Electronics, but it was not meant be.

Time to celebrate with Chimay and killing aliens in XCOM.

tuxfool

Banned
I guess I bought the wrong version, then.

AFAIK, IZJS was never released in english, only Japanese. There is a patch to add that stuff to an english version but obviously it will only run in an emulator, not that there is any reason to play it on a ps2 as it looks really gross.

Mr. Doop

Guys

get on this

right now

0.59$
It's really good, especially for such a low price, and it has a great sense of humour and a neat artstyle and it also takes a couple of hours to finish. I recommend it to everyone but especially if you enjoyed Undertale. Get.on.this.train.

Hey, this looks pretty cool, will check out.

AFAIK, IZJS was never released in english, only Japanese. There is a patch to add that stuff to an english version but obviously it will only run in an emulator, not that there is any reason to play it on a ps2 as it looks really gross.
You actually can patch the iso and burn it to disc to play on a region free PS2.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
KrtdLef.png

Voting is now open for the third annual NeoGaf Steam GOTY Award. Voting is simple, just follow these steps:
  • Choose your top 5 favorite games that released on Steam in 2015. See below for official eligibility
  • Award your favorite game (#1 choice) 5 points, your next (#2 choice) 4 points, and so on.
  • (Optional) write a few sentances explaining why you think your top choice deserves to win
  • PM everything to jshackles
Here is a sample entry you can copy/paste into your PM:
(5 Points) - Game 1
(4 Points) - Game 2
(3 Points) - Game 3
(2 Points) - Game 4
(1 Point) - Game 5

I think Game 1 should win GOTY because...
Voting will close on January 21st at 4:00PM PST
t1453420800z4.png

Here is the selection criteria. If you choose a game that doesn't meet these guidelines, your vote for that game will be disqualified.
  • Game must have have been released on Steam in 2015.
  • Re-releases, ports, and remasters are only eligible if the original source material was not previously available on Steam. For example, games such as Final Fantasy V or even Chip's Challenge are eligible because those games were not previously available on Steam. Dark Souls II: Scholar of the First Sin and Divinity: Original Sin - Enhanced Edition are not eligible because they are both remasters of existing Steam games.
  • Episodic games are only eligible if their final episode was released in 2015. For example, King's Quest is not eligible, because only the first two episodes released in 2015. However, Tales from the Borderlands is eligible even though it came out in 2014 because it's final episode was released in 2015.
  • Games released on Steam Early Access in 2015 are not eligible. Games releasing out of Early Access are eligible. For example, ARK: Survival Evolved is not eligible, but Nuclear Throne is eligible.
  • DLC is not eligible. Sorry Age of Empires II HD: The African Kingdoms.
  • Multiple votes for the same game on a single ballot will be disqualified. If you list the same game multiple times, the vote with the highest point value will be used and all other votes for that game will be discarded.
  • If you have any questions about a particular game's eligibility, ask in the Steam thread and we should be able to help you.
  • Modbot is not eligible to vote due to the fact that he is a bot.
If you have any questions, please let me know.

That's interesting, and tempting.
But yeah, with all these XII HD rumours, I guess I'd rather wait for now. Don't want to get fatigued all over again lol.

Monooboe

Oh exciting that the voting has started! I'm genuinely curious as to what our GOTY will be. Quite sure it won't be MGSV or Fallout 4... probably Contradiction right?:D

Lomax

I'm going to have to go through the list of everything I played to figure out what qualifies. I don't think I played even 5 games from this year though.

Probably Witcher 3.

Seems pretty likely, especially since a large part of steamgaf got it cheap, i'd think it had wider number of players here than any of the other major titles.

Dsyndrome

Oh exciting that the voting has started! I'm genuinely curious as to what our GOTY will be. Quite sure it won't be MGSV or Fallout 4... probably Contradiction right?:D

Only one out of those three is on my list if that helps. Unfortunately, Witcher 3 beat it out.

Monooboe

Ah yeah Witcher 3 seems the mostly likely candidate but I missed the hype when it released so the game I've seen people most passionate about is Contradiction, or Life is Strange.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom