• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2016 - Out of cash, out of cache

Status
Not open for further replies.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Yep. LiS was a case for me where the ending ended up hurting the rest of the game for me. Was a real let down.

You could say that
it's the journey that matters and how we got to the ending, but still. If you take the good ending you can't help but feel cheated because Kate and Victoria are all alive again. In that sense the 'bad' ending is more natural because you're done playing with time and you accept what happens (and what happened before). It's the only ending where all your previous choices (mostly) still happen. Still, the ending feels like a cop-out, especially when eps 1-4 were building up to something really memorable. Too bad.

Grief.exe

Hopefully this can't be attributed to SteamGAF, Lashman is a great person to have around.

XmLTLW9.png

Hopefully this can't be attributed to SteamGAF, Lashman is a great person to have around.

XmLTLW9.png

i dont think anyone, at least here in the steam threads, has given lashman any guff. But i dont venture into the steamgaf community on steam itself so i dont know what goes on there outside of occasional drama and Hero Prinny asking me my thoughts on smash brothers.

hope the duder is fine

Dsyndrome

Finished Life is Strange earlier today. It really hit hard at times, but the finale ended up what I feared, in that
basically they used the time power to 'retcon' everything in the previous episodes, so that you still end up with a binary A or B ending. I felt really bad about not being able to save Kate in ep2, but by picking the 'good' ending, she's alive again, along with Victoria and others. Just watch the other ending on YT, and bam you're done. I thought they were working up to something a little bit more impactful with their choice system.

That one of the reasons it wasn't in my top five.

Edit: Did someone say something to lashman? I hope he's ok.

Tizoc

After reading about Alan Wake in this thread I'm gonna add to my wishlist.
I avoided it cuz it seemed to be a horror series, but seeing as it is likely to be as much horror as the OG RE games I've added them to my wishlist.

oti

Banned
So because I'm a dumb dumb I bought one of those mystery bundles over on GMG. They're bundling their Call of Duty keys it seems so I was hoping to get BO2 or BO3... ;.;

SHATTEREDHAVEN
BATTLEPATHS
DEADLY30
VERTICALDROPHEROES
STEELSTORM

Does anyone want those games?

After reading about Alan Wake in this thread I'm gonna add to my wishlist.
I avoided it cuz it seemed to be a horror series, but seeing as it is likely to be as much horror as the OG RE games I've added them to my wishlist.

It's not really horror, it's more of an decent TPS that takes place in a world that's a mix between a stephen king novel and Twin Peaks. I dont think i was ever scared in that game at all at any point.

I also recommend the DLCs as they add to the story, though only the last two are any good and the third one requires 2 replays to finish (this actually sounds much worse than it is though)

oti

Banned
DEADLY30
VERTICALDROPHEROES

i was interested in those, not sure on the other games. added them to my wish list. do you feel they are bad?

Just looking at the screenshots I'm sure I'll never play them. Gonna try to trade some of the keys and will get to you later.

BTW: This is the bundle I'm talking about. Acoording to several MyDealz users they got BLOPS 2 or 3, Dark Souls 2 etc.

http://www.greenmangaming.com/s/de/en/pc/games/accessories/mystery-bundle-5-pack/

Hey I got better things to do at the mid evening on my first day back in my own house than pull duckfaces into a phone. For that very amazing creepy observation you're all now putting up with mister grumpy on the left for the next 3 weeks.

You shouldn't be making duck faces into a phone at all, that's your first problem.

And yeah, upon retrospect that did seem pretty creepy. Sorry fam.

Just looking at the screenshots I'm sure I'll never play them. Gonna try to trade some of the keys and will get to you later.

BTW: This is the bundle I'm talking about. Acoording to several MyDealz users they got BLOPS 2 or 3, Dark Souls 2 etc.

http://www.greenmangaming.com/s/de/en/pc/games/accessories/mystery-bundle-5-pack/

I guess you are into more AAA 3d gamess. I don't know, the users that got the bundle here got similar games to you. If you look a few pages back

inm8num2

Maybe back when Humble bundles are great again :/

That would be a good Trump campaign slogan - 'Make Humble Bundles Great Again'.

Lashman is good people. Informative, timely posts that help keep the thread focused. If you're reading this, Lashman, thanks for all your efforts and hope you are doing okay. Would be nice to see you around here again, regardless of whether you post updates/news or just hang out. :)

Ruruja

(5 Points) - Rocket League
(4 Points) - Fallout 4
(3 Points) - Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain
(2 Points) - Tales from the Borderlands
(1 Point) - Contradiction

Magneto-perfection.gif

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
you say that as if there wasn't a reason that made him stop posting(not saying you did it).

I mean, I get it, but why are we acting like it's the correct response? Lashman should feel comfortable posting here.

It's his choice, obviously. But does anyone actually stop to wonder how it's making him feel? And to have people actually talk like that's what they prefer?

I spent a month posting like that and it's incredibly draining.

I mean, I get it, but why are we acting like it's the correct response? Lashman should feel comfortable posting here.

It's his choice, obviously. But does anyone actually stop to wonder how it's making him feel? And to have people actually talk like that's what they prefer?

Yep, I'd rather have the old lashman back.

oti

Banned
screw it, might as well make some other people happy with those 7€ I paid

SHATTEREDHAVEN:E95PI-VJWDJ-MQHQJ
BATTLEPATHS:R5PYA-E5ZCR-WTKVW
STEELSTORM:EKN27-LBGEZ-EIXAZ

I preferred the old Lashbot too, which is why I converse with him on Twitter. In his defense, some people here were a bunch of dicks regarding his posts.

This is why we can't have nice things.

Dsyndrome

I thoroughly enjoy talking to lashman on Steam, even if it's only in discussions and people's pic comments. Whatever makes him happy though.

I'd talk to him on Twitter, but I never use it to actually discuss or converse with folks.

he totally should, but he was always afraid of people doing the same thing again, so he preffered to "talk" like that. And even when he still only posted the images, some still were dicks to him.

screw it, might as well make some other people happy with those 7€ I paid

SHATTEREDHAVEN:E95PI-VJWDJ-MQHQJ
BATTLEPATHS:R5PYA-E5ZCR-WTKVW
STEELSTORM:EKN27-LBGEZ-EIXAZ

ah, don't feel bad. those bundles usually get rid of things people don't need. When I see them I want to take the chance too. But its a hard gamble to be had.

Anyone else tried that mystery bundle to see if they got what he was talking about?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom