• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2016 - Out of cash, out of cache

Status
Not open for further replies.

fantomena

Oh my fucking shit. I actually have to do a lot of challenges, the most boring part of Mad Max, to reach up a certain rank in order to continue the story.

Not sure if I will finish it. Mad Max was so good until this.

Best FPS games of all time.
Borderlands 2

pgtmNPL.png

this post killed me

I am deceased

Yo but does anyone have any news about lashman?
Hope he replies to my message. He is a real nice guy outside of Gaf as well. He's pretty fun and enjoyable to have talks with. Wish he returns back posting normally here again too and feeling good doing that.

Mikaju

GMG mystery bundle is full of crappy cheap indie bundle games. At least I got two new games, might even try that Sun and moon game.

BRIDGECONSTRUCTOR:86PNN-MQ5J7-GYATM

SUNANDMOON

RETURNNULL

ZACKZERO:EFHXD-ZXVRP-D3K6C

AVENCAST:FHDWT-8W9YL-CMWJ0

I remember the Dirty Rally 1$ glitch I missed but there was a price mistake for Tomb Raider as well that I missed? Mist.

yep...but it's still possible that AMD & NVIDIA could send a list of the keys involved to Valve to be deactivated

it's really just a wait and see situation with how they'll handle it

yep...but it's still possible that AMD & NVIDIA could send a list of the keys involved to Valve to be deactivated

Oho? Don't remember personally such things being revoked but then again, I'd take the risk for 2 bucks in a heartbeat... if I was American and could buy it :mad:

Eila

I remember when there were like a million Dirt 3 keys leaked I activated one and it was revoked some time after. But since people paid for these I doubt they will.

XShagrath

I don't think nvidia is going to deactivate keys after they've been redeemed. I'll go ahead and put this out in the open (and potentially catch shit) on my reasoning.

Yesterday, after the Dirt Rally glitch that I missed, I just checked on a whim to see if Tomb Raider was glitched as well, since it was coming up as an nvidia promo). I saw that it was available for $0.01 unbundled, so I ordered one. I got charged, but never received a code. One friend I told about the deal ordered and got his code immediately. So I ordered a second copy, and got a code. Of course, yesterday they were "out of stock," so I had no way of knowing if they were valid or not.

Then I saw all the people in here buying it from the BST thread for $20. I went back and forth on if I should get in on that action, as I could use the funds. I decided after a while to go ahead and get some more keys, so I grabbed some more for resale purposes later down the line. I didn't want to start selling yesterday, as I didn't want to step on the toes of lunamien(?), so I figured I'd hold off until the codes went live, at least.

Fast forward to this morning, and I input my code (the single one I got from my second order) and the nvidia redemption page says "This coupon code has been disabled." Others that bought from the seller on BST seem to have had theirs go through, and a couple personal friends got their codes to validate as well.

I'd assume that if anything was getting revoked, it already got revoked like my keys. If it already validated to your Steam account, I'd say your pretty safe.

MUnited83

For you.
I remember when there were like a million Dirt 3 keys leaked I activated one and it was revoked some time after. But since people paid for these I doubt they will.

afaik Dirt 3 keys were outright stolen, while this is all legally bought stock from newegg. So already activated codes should be fine. Either way, even if they get revoked it will probably be enough to have played the game to the end by that point lol

Dsyndrome

Is there ever a point in Clicker Heroes where it becomes more worth it to get Gilded Heroes rather than Quick Ascensions with rubies? The number of souls from 50 rubies now seems small for some reason.

BorntoPlay

I don't think nvidia is going to deactivate keys after they've been redeemed. I'll go ahead and put this out in the open (and potentially catch shit) on my reasoning.

Yesterday, after the Dirt Rally glitch that I missed, I just checked on a whim to see if Tomb Raider was glitched as well, since it was coming up as an nvidia promo). I saw that it was available for $0.01 unbundled, so I ordered one. I got charged, but never received a code. One friend I told about the deal ordered and got his code immediately. So I ordered a second copy, and got a code. Of course, yesterday they were "out of stock," so I had no way of knowing if they were valid or not.

Then I saw all the people in here buying it from the BST thread for $20. I went back and forth on if I should get in on that action, as I could use the funds. I decided after a while to go ahead and get some more keys, so I grabbed some more for resale purposes later down the line. I didn't want to start selling yesterday, as I didn't want to step on the toes of lunamien(?), so I figured I'd hold off until the codes went live, at least.

Fast forward to this morning, and I input my code (the single one I got from my second order) and the nvidia redemption page says "This coupon code has been disabled." Others that bought from the seller on BST seem to have had theirs go through, and a couple personal friends got their codes to validate as well.

I'd assume that if anything was getting revoked, it already got revoked like my keys. If it already validated to your Steam account, I'd say your pretty safe.

you should giveaway some codes to try your luck...=D

I had to restart steam before it showed up in mine. Could you provide a link to where people are saying this?

I've already restarted steam multiple times on multiple computers. I put my code in the other day when I got it and the site said that the promo wasn't up yet and I'd be emailed or something. Today I tried the code again just to be on the safe side (after a few from this thread already said they saw it in their accounts) and it said the code was already used (by me I'm assuming) but I still don't see the game in my library nor have I received a email from Nvidia (like I did from MGSV and other games)

looks like GMG added NARUTO SHIPPUDEN: Ultimate Ninja STORM 4 to their 25% off promo...makes it $37.50

what is still odd is that they added LEGO Marvel Avengers to the promo a few days ago but the code doesn't work with the game...no idea why not

remember...the 25PERC-2016GM-WTHGMG voucher code expires on January 18th so you still have a chance to get a discount on Dragon's Dogma, RE0 HD, etc

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
I love that game, one of the few games that I return to often. That and Diablo 3.

Diablo 3 has become a great one of those games. I think that so many people were scared off by the initial impression, but the game after Reaper of Souls and the constant updates has really become a great game.

zkylon

zkylewd
that fps list is pretty weird

dishonored is a great game but that's not a shooter wtf

I don't even understand this post.
ask your questions brah

if u want a tl;dr, i think open world games that aren't sandboxes like witcha 3 aren't really taking advantage of their open worlds

that's why i say it's like mafia 2, or xenoblade chronicles if you want. it's a big ass open world, but your means of interacting with it are very limited

comparing that to an actual sandbox game like new vegas, gta, stalker, divinity original sin, deus ex, metal gear 5, etc. which are big ass games but they're also full of toys for you to use and complex ai to experiment with and whatnot

hope that clears it up, no need to joke about me liking skyrim cos that's very much far from the truth

Not sure what this had to do with you playing it but whatever.

Yes there is a game before it and that would take time as well. We aren't sure you would like it or not.
well like i said on that post, i'm not saying that's my feelings about the game. i didn't buy tits2 cos i didn't like tits1 enough to spend $30 on more of the same.

and the game being a sequel to a jrpg that didn't sell millions of copies (i say it did ok, i don't know why people think i'm saying it did bad?) and now after looking at the steam achievements we can a small number of ppl even beat, it just makes sense the sequel is not doing super hot

i wonder what the devs think of their sales, i guess the first one did enough to make the sequel, but i wonder if those numbers are ok for them

Monooboe

Diablo 3 has become a great one of those games. I think that so many people were scared off by the initial impression, but the game after Reaper of Souls and the constant updates has really become a great game.

I agree, it's easily the game I've spent most time in. I've been on a longer pause but I'm eagerly waiting for the 2.4 patch to hit. Soon!:D

JustLynx

I'm just trying to understand why didn't you share with us here?

I dont get Lego Avengers when Lego Marvel already exists. Doesn't that mean there's less heroes than in the last game?

it's like the reverse Lego Batman

apparently they wanted to have at least 100 characters that haven't been in a game before and a roster of over 200 (maybe near 250) in all...so I think there will be enough people to play

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom