• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014 – 25TH THREAD EDITION (2008-2014)

Status
Not open for further replies.

zkylon

zkylewd
Shovel Knight is an 8-bit homage game

the game looks blown up on Steam. it's a case of it actually looking better on a low res screen cause it's more pixel perfect

saying that the 3DS screen is bad compared to a Vita/PC/what have you is obviously objective, but when you're talking about stuff like the Virtual Console or games like these well.. I rather them looking as intended rather than pixels the size of melons

got it from your edit

you can scale it down in a menu if you want

Deques

Abyss Odyssey Producing the Main Theme

So good.
iIOxp7ch0T9Fy.gif

The main theme is epic. Is the game as good as the music?

PriitV

I missed it too. All those Russian sellers thought it was easy money when they tried to resell it for a higher price. Now those who couldn't sell all those gifts are now stuck with them since they got region locked.
Especially this guy

That's great, I live 220km from the russian border, should go there someday so I could get a cheap copy.

Salsa

got it from your edit

you can scale it down in a menu if you want

it does looks fine

it also looks better on 3DS

plus, 3D and good d-pad

all im saying is that it's not like someone went "oh wow look at this 3D polygonal game, I sure want to play this on my 3DS rather than an 1080p PC monitor!"

Monooboe

I missed it too. All those Russian sellers thought it was easy money when they tried to resell it for a higher price. Now those who couldn't sell all those gifts are now stuck with them since they got region locked.
Especially this guy

At least he will be able to make his russian friends happy.:D

Shovel Knight is an 8-bit homage game

the game looks blown up on Steam. it's a case of it actually looking better on a low res screen cause it's more pixel perfect

zlCfzSG68ywkPVes5l

ss_1cdf8e35265a1a6951a6d35e2eb00b22d40cc128.1920x1080.jpg

saying that the 3DS screen is bad compared to a Vita/PC/what have you is obviously objectively right, but when you're talking about stuff like the Virtual Console or games like these well.. I rather them looking as intended rather than pixels the size of melons

That is properly scaled, not blown up.

zkylon

zkylewd
it does looks fine

it also looks better on 3DS

plus, 3D and good d-pad

all im saying is that it's not like someone went "oh wow look at this 3D polygonal game, I sure want to play this on my 3DS rather than an 1080p PC monitor!"
yea that makes sense

but i have drakengard 3 gathering dust on my other room, i'm not playing games on anything other than pc right now

and yea blown up was the wrong wording

it still looks positively gorgeous on pc

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
There's no way I'm pushing my luck on the M&M money. 1/10 is good enough for me now that the sale is over.

The giveaway lasts until August 10th, by the way.

_hekk05

Banned
I've actually been playing my games. What? No way!! This guy lol...

Just gotta unlock 16 more prisoners in battleblock for muh playfire rewards moneys, then try to get the banner saga stuff.

Already finished spelunky's rewards. Got lucky with public enemy as the maps were good to kill shopkeepers with.

Mono

The hasstle of adding these M&M's cards to PayPal is almost not worth the $6

jk, $6 is three mediocre to excellent Steam games

yea that makes sense

but i have drakengard 3 gathering dust on my other room, i'm not playing games on anything other than pc right now

You need time to ready yourself anyway for the 10 FPS average
with screen tearing

Drakengard 3 is a one of a kind technical atrocity.

Mono

I've actually been playing my games. What? No way!! This guy lol...

Just gotta unlock 50 prisoners in battleblock for muh playfire rewards moneys, then try to get the banner saga stuff.

Already finished spelunky's rewards. Got lucky with public enemy as the maps were good to kill shopkeepers with.

I've been playing my games, too! :O

How is The Banner Saga? It looks really cool and the soundtrack is marvelous!

Salsa

it's probably indie only but since Child of Light was made by Ubisoft Montreal I want it to come back and be like $3 so everyone who bought it during the summer sales feels Ubi-trayed

zkylon

zkylewd
I am not exaggerating at all, game is flat out nauseating. Still enjoyed going through it because it's hilarious but easily the worst performance and combined with some of the worst IQ I've seen in a game.
now i'm depressed

you have just singlehandedly ruined my life lol

JustLynx

Just a heads up,
Starting this week, AMD is going to give Silver Codes on alienwarearena, they already did it few months ago with Thief...
It seems that it's just for Europeans but I'm not sure
Click

aku:jiki

I feel like I should change my avatar now that the sale is over but team pink will live on forever in my heart. Sharing Cam's fashion sense every time I post keeps your computers puting too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom