• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014 – 25TH THREAD EDITION (2008-2014)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Enjoy

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Rush -- MB-0FDB799AA0E0CF6E - Taken by Vuze. 2 entrants total.
Dreaming Sarah -- MB-ABA1D2A896E9A167 - Taken by Deques. 7 entrants total.

t1404200209z1.png

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Drop times are still completely buggered. 95 minutes of Abalone and one bloody card. :(

maneil99

also yeah, the fact that maneil99 hasnt been scammed certainly doesnt guarantee a statement like "no reason not to go first". There's plenty of people who would much prefer a system where the transaction goes through as long as both "accept it" beforehand, like Steam's. People should be as careful as they want with their money.

It takes a moron and a thief to get scammed :p

tylerf

It feels like if steam adds wallet trading then region locks will just become the standard for all games. Valve is basically de facto supporting circumvention of regional pricing otherwise.

yes

but the dude selling the key gets the money

why would valve care about that
I can see your point. However, If you buy a key from a guy on the market, Valve will get a cut from that same key twice, at least. They get paid when the person buys the key initially, and then they get the market fee from whoever buys the key from that person.

Edit: I didn't know the gray market was that big. I never use it, anyway. *shrug*

Edit 2: All I'm saying is that the keys don't appear out of nowhere, Valve is getting paid whatever the going rate is from someone.

Jadax

Might as well spend them. If anything their value will only go down as people move away from keys to wallet fund trading.

DayZ for 8k or DSII for 13k? I'm going to have to splurge on this - but might as well, didn't get anything during the sale.

Arthea

I slept some and and not only we moved to the old new thread but it has 1.5K posts already?
sale is over, people, in case you haven't noticed!

good work as always, Mr Orange.
And Jasec can't be beaten in anything remotely steam related, included post count in steam threads, amazing number, actually.

JaseC

DayZ for 8k or DSII for 13k? I'm going to have to splurge on this - but might as well, didn't get anything during the sale.

DayZ. Dark Souls 2 is region-locked.

And Jasec can't be beaten in anything remotely steam related, included post count in steam threads, amazing number, actually.

Haha, well, I did slack off a bit during the Summer Sale. The thread was moving too quickly to keep up, plus I was knee-deep in a game.

I slept some and and not only we moved to the old new thread but it has 1.5K posts already?
sale is over, people, in case you haven't noticed!

good work as always, Mr Orange.
Challenge accepted.

Yeah, the thread is still moving fast in the post-sale cooldown period.

wilflare

it would be nice if AMD finally support
Downsampling
GameStream (I wanna use a Shield)
ShadowPlay.. I know there's GameDVR but that UI T_T

or is the entire SteamGAF nVidia fan

Anteater

Downsampling

I picked up a nvidia card before all the shadowplay stuff, but I didn't really have a preference, now nvidia has all these fancy shit that I use I'm probably going to stick with their cards for a while.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
Where can I change my Steam name again?

I want to change my name to MadridistaGAF, so people know who I am.

Go to your profile, there should be an option that says edit profile. The very first thing that you can change is your profile name.

Easier still is just click the Friends tab in the client and select "Change profile name". No need to wait for pages to load.

Never knew that, probably because I rarely use the friends tab :p Though the pages load fairly fast for me.

Toki767

I don't like playing FFXIV.

That's all I have to say about it.

I'm mixed on it. I'd never pay a monthly fee for it, but if it was ever the Guild Wars 2 model of buy it and you get to play free, I'd probably sink more time into it.

I just beat Shovel Knight. Absolutely recommend it if you love old school 2D games. It just hits all the right notes.

Arthea

DayZ. Dark Souls 2 is region-locked.

Haha, well, I did slack off a bit during the Summer Sale. The thread was moving too quickly to keep up, plus I was knee-deep in a game.

Ya, it was a little worrying, I'm glad you didn't abandon us as some other people (><)

Challenge accepted.

Yeah, the thread is still moving fast in the post-sale cooldown period.

you didn't! You know how many brave warriors challenged Jasec and fallen already or admitted defeat?
a lot! that's how many

JaseC

Downsampling

PhysX may be incredibly gaudy and ask too much for what it offers, but in rare cases the developers actually take the time to implement the effects in manner such that they actually compliment the traditional experience (e.g. Mirror's Edge). That being said, though, if the 870 hasn't hit shelves by AssCreed Unity'o'clock yet the R390 has, then I may be forced to switch "sides".

Go to your profile, there should be an option that says edit profile. The very first thing that you can change is your profile name.

Easier still is just click the Friends tab in the client and select "Change profile name". No need to wait for pages to load.

Chariot

Waking up to a near-30-page Steam Thread... well, have some games. Can't keep up with all the Witcher 3 and Dark Souls 2 greatness, but oh well. Saw the Kinder Surprise pics a few pages back, thought it would be a nice theme :p
Games included: Skyrim (non legendary), 2x Defy Gravity, They Breathe, Mass Effect, Awesomenauts, Dead Island Epidemic
If you already own the game you win please give it away within SteamGAF. If there should be any problems (I still have that weird non-tradeable note on the gifts but could send them via mail so... not sure what Steam is up to) we'll work it out :)
Don't tell what is in it beforehand :( Maybe something but "Skyrim in jedem siebten Ei", but not everything.
I entered anyway, but this feels just wrong.

zkylon

zkylewd
oh nice! lol. i thought you changed the theme on your windows to have black folders
nah, i set theme to black but that'd be too much

i really recommend fences if you're like me and can't keep your desktop making sense for more than a day

just like helps you have like 200 things on your desktop and not panic

aku:jiki

Can anyone tell me exactly what happens when you go NG+ in Rogue Legacy? I've been trying to google it but can't find any exact info, and I'm right on the cusp. Do I get to keep everything, and the enemies just get harder and the bosses come back?

Well, now, he's pretty easily beaten when it comes to playing the games!

Vuze

Don't tell what is in it beforehand :( Maybe something but "Skyrim in jedem siebten Ei", but not everything.
I entered anyway, but this feels just wrong.

Hm, you're probably right. Will put it within a spoiler tag ^^

Also thanks to NingenJanai for Rush!

My quick thought on Steam wallet trading. What will it do to trading card trading? Will people avoid the marketplace as a trade only has the Steam cut, eliminating the developer. Will trading threads just be even more problematic (the "2 of your cards for my 1 card" deals supplemented with "1:1 +$0.05 for supplieses the serviceses").

It takes a moron and a thief to get scammed :p
Tell that to the BST thread where a long time member (with good reputation in the thread) scammed a few people, requested a permaban citing personal issues at about the same time and I believe made an alt and did it again.

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
I think I joined the group. Too bad the mail I registered to my alienware account is not my main mail. I probably will miss the giveaway :(

I have this same problem.

Tell that to the BST thread where a long time member (with good reputation in the thread) scammed a few people, requested a permaban citing personal issues at about the same time and I believe made an alt and did it again.

Wait what?

I don't think I saw a reply in the last sale thread so guess I'll ask here again since so many recommended Pac Man :p

Anyone manage to get a PS3 arcade stick to work with Pac Man DX? I've tried my Hori Fighting Edge and an old Arcade in a Box stick but they both don't work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom