• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014 – 25TH THREAD EDITION (2008-2014)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pachimari

its showing it when i clicked the link.

also if you click the arrow near your name it will show the previous names you used.

Yeah, can others see that as well?

You can share the name of another user but not a vanity URL (http://www.steamcommunity.com/id/blahblahblah). If someone has, say, two people with the same name in their friends list, one will be Blahblahblah (1) and the other Blahblahblah (2).
Oh I see. I'm just gonna call myself MadridistaGAF then, nobody else have that on Steam.

Chariot

I extended the time to 36 hours, so you got 12 hours more.

How it works:

- go to the animedreammachine and generate an anime until you find one that fits you. Make a screenshot of it.
- write or draw a gameconcept for the offfical game of said anime.
- send me a pm with the picture of your generated anime and your gamepicture or text
- I will decide by my own arbitrariness who wins while laughing manically
- first place picks first one game out of these three, then second place choose one of the remaining two and third place just get the last one
- you have 36 hours from the moment the original post was posted
t1404258600z0.png

zkylon

zkylewd
I like the fact that your wallpaper is on the right side so that it's easier to organize stuff, a very functional solution.
it's not exactly on the right (that image is cropped) but it's not centered (background is actually a 1920x1200 picture with like 60% black just so it's on the right place) so i can like stick more stuff on the left side since i use that side more often

right side is less crazy so it doesn't disturb the pretty picture

FtHTiny

Found this in my inventory maybe someone doesn´t have it already and will enjoy it.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Marlow Briggs -- MB-20F0A54B5AC8D296

t1404211194z1.png

BadRamen

Got damn, the PC gods are really testing me tonight.

installed Seagate hybrid drive replacement, set a lot of games to download before going to work
return home to find my computer stalled and can literally do nothing except move the mouse (long-time Windows user so I know a solid chunk of Windows tweaking/getting around soft-locks)
eventually disconnect new hard drive, find that booting time is back to near instant (have SSDs outside of the bad hybrid)
steam is (still) stalling so I go ahead and uninstall it, forgetting steam wipes all the games installed within its program folder
cry
steam is now reinstalled and stalls trying to reauthenticate my computer

Sigh, all I wanted to do tonight was get a few games downloaded while I finished up Wolfenstein on my Xboner.
Still, I did get a thrill out of all of this.

Chariot

Thanks for Awesomenauts, jiggsaw!
Sadly I am unable to find the original giveaway post, I just entered before I slept in :(

wilflare

PhysX may be incredibly gaudy and ask too much for what it offers, but in rare cases the developers actually take the time to implement the effects in manner such that they actually compliment the traditional experience (e.g. Mirror's Edge). That being said, though, if the 870 hasn't hit shelves by AssCreed Unity'o'clock yet the R390 has, then I may be forced to switch "sides".

Easier still is just click the Friends tab in the client and select "Change profile name". No need to wait for pages to load.

hmm PhysX has not been a big pull factor for me... maybe seeing it in BL2 will. lol been watching YouTube videos of that.

just really want AMD to get its act together on Downsampling and GameStream... I need a RemotePlay variant for PC :/

nah, i set theme to black but that'd be too much

i really recommend fences if you're like me and can't keep your desktop making sense for more than a day

just like helps you have like 200 things on your desktop and not panic

nice! hmm I keep my Desktop clean but it'll come in handy once the sch semester starts again. (my document folders on the other hand is a total mess)

Arthea

so what's about that Canada day, I've seen mentioned several times. Canada gets own sale, or we get Bioware Canadian games for cheap?

maneil99

So you are saying no one should be worried about going first but has to be a moron to get scammed... Makes sense.

Sick strawman arguement, if you get scammed you are a moron, I'm saying if you don't check who you're trading with before hand you can't bitch about scammers

hmm PhysX has not been a big pull factor for me... maybe seeing it in BL2 will. lol been watching YouTube videos of that.
To warn you, the PhysX in Borderlands 2 is incredibly taxing. It looks really cool, sure. But even with it on medium I get some dips down into the 30s (from a near-constant 60 otherwise) with even a moderate amount of PhysX stuff on screen.

Could be it's because I only have a 760, though. But my googling said it was fairly common.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
Sick strawman arguement, if you get scammed you are a moron, I'm saying if you don't check who you're trading with before hand you can't bitch about scammers

What about the scenario in Starwolf's post?

Tell that to the BST thread where a long time member (with good reputation in the thread) scammed a few people, requested a permaban citing personal issues at about the same time and I believe made an alt and did it again.

Checking before hand wouldn't help since the member had a good reputation at the time.

tylerf

Aww yeah can use the market again. I was getting antsy with all these unsold cards in my inventory even though I don't really need any credit.

maneil99

My quick thought on Steam wallet trading. What will it do to trading card trading? Will people avoid the marketplace as a trade only has the Steam cut, eliminating the developer. Will trading threads just be even more problematic (the "2 of your cards for my 1 card" deals supplemented with "1:1 +$0.05 for supplieses the serviceses").

Tell that to the BST thread where a long time member (with good reputation in the thread) scammed a few people, requested a permaban citing personal issues at about the same time and I believe made an alt and did it again.

Was it iheo?

maneil99

I can't believe I seriously have to point this out. Anyone with high rep can decide to scam you. There is an example a few pages back I don't know if you are ignoring it or not.

I'm not talking about BST, I'm talking about SteamTrades and SteamRep

Mono

Just organized my Steam friends list, and now my fingers hurt from adding so many people to the GAF tag, ouch. Now someone's probably going to tell me that there's a way to mass add a bunch of people to a friend tag.

Monooboe

I mean, my main issue is that it's an MMO and I just don't really like most MMOs.

With that said, I was really into Guild Wars and I enjoyed my short time with Wildstar.

Ah I see, I do love MMOs, most of the time at least, haven't really gotten into one, really gotten into one since WoW I think.o_O

It's awesome and there's so many things to do in it. Join up with the GAF guild as well.

Sounds good! I will definitely join the guild, right after I've finished Divinity: OS.:D

Ibuki

Banned
I'm not talking about BST, I'm talking about SteamTrades and SteamRep

You act like I'm new to this, I'm at like 174 positive on SteamTrades. The point is just because someone has good rep on a site doesn't mean new people aren't going to get scammed. Especially if they go first with PayPal or anything else.

wilflare

we need a good Humble Bundle

seriously though - as bad as the daily humble bundle thing was, I am annoyed w myself for missing that Race the Sun bundle T_T

I extended the time to 36 hours, so you got 12 hours more.

header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg

t1404258600z0.png

I wasn't planning on entering, but someone can take the one I generated:

Title: Our Time Was Only A Day
Genre: Hentai
Targetgroup: Mina
Studio: ARMS
Episodes: 51

Original: Original Work
Director: Steven Spielberg
Writer: Junichi Sato
Sold BD/DVD: 842
Comment: Not To Be Confused With Redline
Synopsis: Coming (not) Soon.

Yakkue

Can anyone tell me exactly what happens when you go NG+ in Rogue Legacy? I've been trying to google it but can't find any exact info, and I'm right on the cusp. Do I get to keep everything, and the enemies just get harder and the bosses come back?

Well, now, he's pretty easily beaten when it comes to playing the games!

You keep your upgrades/skills/equip, you get a bit more gold per drop, the enemies get harder and the bosses are back. I think there's also a couple of new runes to find and there should be some new blacksmith upgrades.

Valiant Hearts is so good. I spend several minutes just reading all the history they have about WW1. The gameplay is simple enough that anyone should be able to pick up and play. Time to get my non-gamer friends to try this out.

maneil99

You act like I'm new to this, I'm at like 174 positive on SteamTrades. The point is just because someone has good rep on a site doesn't mean new people aren't going to get scammed. Especially if they go first with PayPal or anything else.

I'm just saying majority of scams are with people that you shouldn't be trading with in the first place

Mono

we need a good Humble Bundle

seriously though - as bad as the daily humble bundle thing was, I am annoyed w myself for missing that Race the Sun bundle T_T

I think this one's supposed to be a numbered bundle, so there's at least that.

I really don't like how ubiquitous facebook and twitter have become.

Yeah, it seems that nowadays you can't do anything without going through Facebook/Twitter, besides I dislike the common practice to lure people into agreeing to share their friends list and stuff when clicking on "Like".

Toki767

Just organized my Steam friends list, and now my fingers hurt from adding so many people to the GAF tag, ouch. Now someone's probably going to tell me that there's a way to mass add a bunch of people to a friend tag.

If there was, I wish I knew it myself lol

Autofokus

Valiant Hearts is so good. I spend several minutes just reading all the history they have about WW1. The gameplay is simple enough that anyone should be able to pick up and play. Time to get my non-gamer friends to try this out.

Bought it on release, but didn't boot it up yet..
The only game from the sale I played was One Finger Death Punch, which is way better than I expected.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom