• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014 – 25TH THREAD EDITION (2008-2014)

Status
Not open for further replies.
ModBot said:
Instructions for PrematureQuiche:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

t1cxE6r.gif
DARK SOULS II -- MB-2A5A8C4583050E2F - Taken by bakeray. 107 entrants total.

t1404204543z1.png

last reminder, good luck!

Arthea

By default, I believe Humble uses their own, fair conversion rate, but publishers can opt out of this. I was very disappointed to see Double Fine be one of the few indies to use regional pricing on there.

I'm disappointed in many devs/publishers of games, I was buying for years, with recent pricing policies, some are beyond ridiculous, but I've already ranted enough about that in the past, so I'll just say once again, that I'm really glad we still have gog and they still somewhat manage to keep prices fair... for the most part.

Oh good, just about enough time for this.

never gets old!

Anteater

Nonsense, you can play it with just one hand!
Yes it will

:D

My advice for Crimzon Clover: Swallow your pride and play on Novice. I love shmups but I'm not super good at them, and CC's Novice difficulty is just right (comparable to Danmaku Unlimited 2's base difficulty). I started out playing on Normal and got to like Stage 2 before losing all my lives. On Novice I had an amazing run to Stage 5 before losing, and felt like I really learned a lot about the game. Still my favorite game I got from the sale.

I'll give novice a try! Yeah I had a few moments in CC where it kind of clicks but then died quickly the next try, lol, Danmaku Unlimited 2 was more consistent for me.

Tetrasides

Neo Member
ModBot said:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Tetrasides, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Dead Island: Epidemic Beta #3 -- MB-D8E4F0837D13DEB6 - Taken by Boom Boom Pow. 1 entrants total.
Dead Island: Epidemic Beta #2 -- MB-DD1ECE93BBB3B787
Dead Island: Epidemic Beta -- MB-954D089845C5AE6B

t1404215197z1.png

Enjoy.

Pachimari

Not entirely gaming related - though I do have GOG game shortcuts on my desktop - is there a way to fix my icons into place, so they won't jump around the 3 screens all the time?

I have to organize them every time.

Shantom

I'm disappointed in many devs/publishers of games, I was buying for years, with recent pricing policies, some are beyond ridiculous, but I've already ranted enough about that in the past, so I'll just say once again, that I'm really glad we still have gog and they still somewhat manage to keep prices fair... for the most part.
The £50 (£50!) base price for The Witcher 3 has me annoyed with CDPR, though I guess they still offer those GOG vouchers to ensure people don't get screwed.

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, it seems that nowadays you can't do anything without going through Facebook/Twitter, besides I dislike the common practice to lure people into agreeing to share their friends list and stuff when clicking on "Like".

The really bad aspect has to be that people in real life both expect you to have and use them.

Was it iheo?
Wait what?
Wait... What? I'm surprised I haven't heard of this until now.
Sorry I didn't have time to check full details. It was ChieSatonaka/Yuripaw. I think it was only about $50 as well which just doesn;t seem worth it at all.

I only knew about it as I was passing through that thread to see if there were any Mario Kart code offers (the answer is not many for Europe and it worked out better for me to things my own way).

Sorry I didn't have time to check full details. It was ChieSatonaka/Yuripaw. I think it was only about $50 as well which just doesn;t seem worth it at all.

I only knew about it as I was passing through that thread to see if there were any Mario Kart code offers (the answer is not many for Europe and it worked out better for me to things my own way).
Chie was an alt for Yuripaw? Wat. I thought Yuri was a pretty cool guy up until now. I wonder why he did it after being on the level for so long. And did it so dumbly

Arthea

The £50 (£50!) base price for The Witcher 3 has me annoyed with CDPR, though I guess they still offer those GOG vouchers to ensure people don't get screwed.

ya, that's almost as bad as it gets...
TW3 is cheaper for me on gog than on steam, though. Even with discount for previous owners.
on gog - $47.99
on steam - 43,99€ = ~$62

F-Pina

Oh cool, our game is right on the OP :D
This is going to be a great month for us with the release on Steam! It's a bit weird launching right after the Steam Sales but the other option was to launch before, so.

maneil99

wow, sounds bad but the drama is interesting...

Vuze

Imagine how the marketing team came up with that idea: "Yeah, let's go with that slogan, it rhymes and kids won't get it anyway."

Probably haha

1h reminder
Games included:
Skyrim (non legendary), 2x Defy Gravity, They Breathe, Mass Effect, Awesomenauts, Dead Island Epidemic
If you already own the game you win please give it away within SteamGAF. If there should be any problems (I still have that weird non-tradeable note on the gifts but could send them via mail so... not sure what Steam is up to) we'll work it out :)

ModBot said:
I am giving away 7 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.

Ty7lO4E.jpg
0h87VcD.jpg
TwquOGY.jpg

Kinder-Uberraschung #5 -- MB-4385197AA200948F - Taken by Leila. 4 entrants total.
Kinder-Uberraschung #4 -- MB-4E51D9EA700B8D9B - Taken by Deques. 7 entrants total.
Kinder-Uberraschung #7 -- MB-82FE4689AF93EEBF - Taken by koma. 7 entrants total.
Kinder-Uberraschung #6 -- MB-D98E4BC66FB1BBB4 - Taken by Sarcasm. 9 entrants total.
Kinder-Uberraschung #1 -- MB-8409C4A022F46718 - Taken by TsuXna. 3 entrants total.
Kinder-Uberraschung #3 -- MB-37FB9877230D3B76 - Taken by MTE. 14 entrants total.
Kinder-Uberraschung #2 -- MB-027FB269D5F08F2E - Taken by Catshade. 2 entrants total.

t1404209382z1.png

-

Also DMC4 looks so good. I didn't expect that tbh

mrgone

Not entirely gaming related - though I do have GOG game shortcuts on my desktop - is there a way to fix my icons into place, so they won't jump around the 3 screens all the time?

I have to organize them every time.

Best I've found so far is a freeware program called DesktopOK which saves your icon layout. When windows decides to shotgun your icons randomly around the desktop after a reboot or resolution switch, you can just restore them.

MT Framework is a blessing for PC ports.

Dragon's Dogma runs on MT framework :(

I have only 3 GAF friends.

If you want to add me: , but be active! I don't want just another name on my list!
Well, we don't share a ton of multiplayer games in common, but I do put out a lot of screenshots, and comment the fuck out of other people's screenshots and statuses. You can come laugh at me flail around in DOTA? I'll let you decide whether to accept my invite xD

wilflare

hmm

so has there been any changes on the bundles front? any new peeps to take note?

is there a way to subscribe so we don't like miss out on em bundles?
I know there's isthereanydeal but hmm they don't do notifications right

Yrael

I've been playing Long Live the Queen and encountered my first death -
poisoned by chocolates. Nooooo!

I felt like this whenever I was deciding on orders for classes to take:

h29885FDC

pahamrick

Has anyone won on the M&M contest in the last couple hours and been able to add it to their steam wallet? I won on my phone, but steam won't let me add the funds either through paypal or using the card directly. A google search brought up a post claiming that Mars has blocked usage of the prepaid on sites like Paypal, Ebay, Walmart, Amazon ect.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom