• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014-2 In his house at R'lyeh, dead Cthulhu waits dreaming

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hugstable

Banned
Speaking of Ys I picked up Oath earlier and man you guys weren't lying about those boss fights. I'm only playing on normal difficulty but it's still pretty challenging. I hope it's something I can beat, unlike that damn fire level in Volgarr :(

Oh it gets much harder too. Those beginning bosses, especially the first midboss really come out of nowhere for newer players. It's gets much tougher later though, espeically near the end :D

Just a PSA:

Company of Heroes 2 is really facking good. Just like Relic's other games, this game is a ton of fun even when you're losing.

It's extremely addictive, I've already played 30 hours (picked it up during the summer sale). If you have even a passing interest in the RTS genre, pick it up next time it's on sale (which is fairly often tbqh).

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
Yes I did, and I got a lot of people asking me about it.

Dino_Crisis_Steam1.jpg

But I have to ask how you got your hands on this, did a Capcom rep catch you on as a big Dino Crisis fan and decided to let you into the Steam beta?

Clock Tower 3.

Oh wow I've never played it before! I'll buy it as soon as it gets on Steam.

Nabs

Speaking of Ys I picked up Oath earlier and man you guys weren't lying about those boss fights. I'm only playing on normal difficulty but it's still pretty challenging. I hope it's something I can beat, unlike that damn fire level in Volgarr :(

Just remember to upgrade your weapons and to level up as much as possible. If enemies give you decent amounts of xp, then you should continue to kill 'em until they stop.

Hugstable

Banned
Yup, everyone can enter for each copy (if they didn't win in the last day of course), but can only win one! :D

Thanks so much again for doing this giveaway. Not entering since I own all the games anyway, but giving people the chance to playthrough these amazing games is great. Also I like your Sati avatar :D

Even if anyone doesn't win the giveaways, you should consider investing in one of these classics for the price they are at. The bosses, the music, the battle system and the blazing speed, it's all there and it's so good.

Parsnip

Finished Bioshock Infinite Burial at Sea part 2.
It was pretty good. I liked the minor stealth mechanics they added, made the combat more fun for me. Thought the story wrapped up nicely too.

Mono

It was pretty good. I liked the minor stealth mechanics they added, made the combat more fun for me. Thought the story wrapped up nicely too.

Burial at Sea? That sounds like Rapture; does it take place in Rapture? :O

That's next on my list of Games2Play™ (or at least one of them). I can't wait to get back under the ocean.

Burial at Sea? That sounds like Rapture; does it take place in Rapture? :O

Yes, it does. During the time period BEFORE its fall! :eek:

A Fish Aficionado

I am going to make it through this year if it kills me

I say it's worth slogging through Infinite for BaS.

Sera O

Banned
Ok, last bump for Ys giveaway since it'll be over in about 4 hours ish (Original post to be edited)

You are a good person.

These games are so good. If anyone has never played an Ys game and figure they only want to get one, buy Felghana and away you go. Having it on PSP made me actually enjoy a 13 hr flight with a constantly crying baby in the seat in front of me, which is like the highest recommendation I can give.

BTW, difficulty with bosses (like, dying too quick even though you've figured out the patterns and can mostly avoid getting hit) is mitigated quite a bit by gaining even one level. So try that if you hit a wall.

I'm so happy these went on sale and more people can try them for the first time.

I asked earlier in the day, but I don't think anyone responded.

How's the Humble Weekly? I'm not familiar with any of the games in it, so I'm curious as to whether it's a good bundle and whether it's worth it to BTA.

I'm pretty sure the Inversion code is good, but if not, apologies!

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 5 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Jiggaloboy, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Joe Danger 2 -- MB-79BA628915F8BDEF - Taken by Hugstable. 1 entrants total.
Inversion -- MB-27B366EF596832C9 - Taken by The Dear Leader. 1 entrants total.
Hoard -- MB-474AE45CE43C6CE3
Toki Tori 2 Plus -- MB-BEC6B7B0155F41A8 - Taken by PossumMeat. 2 entrants total.
Surgeon Simulator 2013 -- MB-C14FD9CB4B99EC54 - Taken by Alduin. 5 entrants total.

t1405041218z1.png

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
This is how wars start brah
But you have already switched from Sansa Runsalot to Dreamworks Smirk Face!

Eh, doesn't exactly look much like her.

No idea, but that extra U is bothering me :p
You fiend D:

Gaf itself has become a waifu. We are all doomed.

Only ModBot can save us from this now. Unless it too becomes a waifu.
Don't be silly, ModBot would become a husbando.

MRORANGE

Wasn't on GAF for a few days but:that title is making my eyes twitch....2014-2 really?

Anyway:

Reminder:

cK5LaD7.png
Steam Game Recommendations for August (New releases on Steam)

• Every month gaffers talk about what games should be on your radar for the upcoming month by submitting mini recommendations.
  • Check the OP to see games were highlighted by our members for this month to get an idea.

Rules:
  • 1. Choose a game that you think is worth watching out for in August that is on Steam.
  • 2. Write about it, 60+ words would be great, feel free to go over it.
  • 3. Send me a PM with what you have written before the deadline: 29th July
Here is an example I have added to this OT:

iuLqyZjMHwv5A.png

OlliOlli
- MRORANGE
OlliOlli is a game based on mastering skate techniques and building up your score, being able to pull off amazing stunts
before you fall flat on your face in failure, with it's multiple game modes and vibrant 2D design it's worth picking up, the game was
recently acclaimed as being one of the current noteworthy indie titles on the PSVITA to play.

Testing out ModBot for the first time. I think I have a whole bunch of unused keys; I just need to find them ^^.

ModBot said:
Instructions for Kryptonite:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Kryptonite, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Stacking -- MB-D3F2B9F4E38229BA - Taken by sotodefonk

I enjoyed both BaS. Liked how level design felt less linear, with more exploration and backtracking.

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
No key for me yet, guess I'll have to wait some more.

The keys are on the Asteria page. Just load up that link/key they give you on the groupees account page and make an account on Asteria's website. They'll give you a Steam key there.

I played a little bit yesterday, it's neat. Bit like Terraria. Not as charming though.

Bethesda... *nose bridge pinch*

You charge primo for Dragonborn even during sales, and its main quest can break just by fast traveling?

Hate you and love you at the same time, Bethesda.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom