• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014-2 In his house at R'lyeh, dead Cthulhu waits dreaming

Status
Not open for further replies.
for the new page

do it

giphy.gif

Altazor

one of these days I'm going to win Divinity: Original Sin in one of the giveaways. This is destiny... it's destiny, this is my destiny... DON'T TELL ME WHAT I CAN'T DO! ;_;

Mokoi

Banned
Made a "10 reasons why you should play Tales of Maj Eyal thread", which I grabbed during the last summer sale. The thread also doubles as a recommendation pool for traditional Roguelikes and why a certain Roguelike might be your favourite one in the genre. I'd love to read more elaborate suggestions for other Roguelikes, but if you havent played ToME yet, I really recommend doing so. I sank about 50-60 hours into it since the Steam sale, and no end in sight:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=853003

Thread might be a dud going by initial reception, but I'd love more people checking out the game. Utterly fantastic.

Oh and the standard version of the game is FREE.

Thanks for this. Great thread, and I'll check this game out. Seems like I'll like it.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Silent Hill: Otherside of Life if pretty good for Left 4 Dead 2 campaigns.

If you're a horror game nut like me, two campaigns you need to try:

Left 4 Dead 2 Silent Hill 1 Campaign:
Literally it is a recreation of the whole Silent Hill 1 game in Left 4 Dead 2, from start to finish. It has some very dark segments, and can be a toughie, but very fun, and some great atmosphere, especially if you have the sound pack, which the mirror link is down so I don't have on hand right now. OTL

Left 4 Dead 2: Resident Evil Outbreak File 1 Campaign
index.php
index.php

A recreation from all five scenarios from Resident Evil Outbreak File 1. A warning, this map is rather challenging though.

I sacrifice a maiden every morning at dawn in hopes of winning the witcher. I hope it happens soon, my apartment complex is starting to feel pretty empty :)

Helmholtz

Speaking of Dark Souls, I got 2 ways to go right now, Demon Ruins or Catacombs. Which would be preferable?
I went into catacombs after anor londo and it was fine. I haven't been to demon ruins yet but I'm pretty sure that one's a bit tougher.
I think you could also try duke's archives if you wanted.

Literally it is a recreation of the whole Silent Hill 1 game in Left 4 Dead 2, from start to finish. It has some very dark segments, and can be a toughie, but very fun, and some great atmosphere, especially if you have the sound pack, which the mirror link is down so I don't have on hand right now. OTL

index.php
index.php

A recreation from all five scenarios from Resident Evil Outbreak File 1. A warning, this map is rather challenging though.
Time to reinstall L4D2

index.php
index.php

Looks awesome. Will give this a try.

More Bioshock Kerfuffle.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (WhiskeyDiver, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Bioshock -- MB-EDA38723B894CC6E

t1405044161z1.png

index.php
index.php

How many people play custom campaigns?

Jawmuncher

index.php
index.php

I might have to give that outbreak campaign a try.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl

index.php
index.php

Downloading~

Or we could cut out the reaction gifs / images and random off-topic messages and see what happens.

That drawing on the last page would be a great start to add to the scrap pile.

The best part is right after you posted it, the next 5149 posts were reaction gifs / images

i'm guilty as well

Lain

I was doing great, more or less, in Quest of Dungeons, as I stepped foot into the 5th floor (maybe? I had to skip a floor because it was flooded) and was murdering fools with my fireballs and icebolts and thunders and shit, until I got to the boss of the floor and got two-shotted. I didn't even notice that the first hit had half killed me, I only cared that I hadn't been frozen forgetting that bosses hurts.
I reiterate, after 2 hours of playtime, that the game is mildly fun and a good time wasters. It's simple and on normal it seems easy to abuse certain mechanics to destroy melee type bosses, but that's how I like it.

Speevy

Banned
Is Speedrunners any better than Dustforce? Still one my my favorite speedrunning style games on Steam

Well I may just get it depending on whether it has a decent single player mode, but I'm still unconvinced that it does.

I mean to be fair, it would have a lot to live up to.

Deitus

whichever you prefer. I'd say Catacombs, ESPECIALLY because of the area that comes after that, but... what do I know? ho ho ho

Practicing your Souls NPC laugh?

"No matter which path you choose, you are sure to find something... interesting. Heh heh heh."

Dingotech

Lol what a giveaway that is! So generous.

RE the guy talking about his SSD, I've had mine just resting inside a HDD cage in my last two builds and I've had zero problems with it.

Altazor

Divinity: Original Sin is amaaaaaaaaaaaaazzzzing

oh, I already know. That's why I need it. That's why I have to win one of those giveaways... 'cause I have no money to buy it right now :p

EDIT:

Practicing your Souls NPC laugh?

"No matter which path you choose, you are sure to find something... interesting. Heh heh heh."

I'm trying to nail Oswald's laughter. It's amazing.

"It is only huuuman to commit a sin... HUEHUAHUEHUEHUAHUEAHUEHUAHUE"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom