• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014-2 In his house at R'lyeh, dead Cthulhu waits dreaming

Status
Not open for further replies.

dot

Is Speedrunners any better than Dustforce? Still one my my favorite speedrunning style games on Steam

Well I may just get it depending on whether it has a decent single player mode, but I'm still unconvinced that it does.

I mean to be fair, it would have a lot to live up to.

I last played the game back when it was in beta. It only had online multiplayer but i thought it was really fun. Since then they added lots of stuff. I'd say the game is worth it for multiplayer alone.

I've personally never played Dustforce so i can't compare the two but even playing with randoms online is hilarious and a good time. Oh no...feeling the urge to play Speedrunners now...

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
For those getting the Silent Hill 1 Campaign for Left 4 Dead 2, apparently this version has the sounds included in the map file:

http://www.gamemaps.com/details/3975

It increases the file size, but trust me, worth it, it makes the music that's supposed to play at that section in Silent Hill play in the campaign. Adds a lot.

How many people play custom campaigns?

Not sure of everyone, but I've played quite a few with my friends.

Looks kind of like Smash, but you can be a bull that shoots lasers out of its eyes? Awesome.

Those with Abyss Odyssey preorders, feel free to add me: http://steamcommunity.com/id/billmcdougal/

Like smash, except with, y'know, combos.

qGv1fC0.png

I was just talking about this earlier... with nbnt.

"Who gifts the Giftmen?"

Oh it gets much harder too. Those beginning bosses, especially the first midboss really come out of nowhere for newer players. It's gets much tougher later though, espeically near the end :D

Ya that first midboss with the flying swords took me a few tries, I found the main boss of the mines much easier actually.

I actually bought Ys chronicles when it was on sale last year but never played much of it cause I wasn't really digging the bump system, however I'm loving Oath so far despite the difficulty.

Zantar

Neo Member
Ya that first midboss with the flying swords took me a few tries, I found the main boss of the mines much easier actually.

I actually bought Ys chronicles when it was on sale last year but never played much of it cause I wasn't really digging the bump system, however I'm loving Oath so far despite the difficulty.

I found the main boss of the mines quite difficult at first, but that was because I didn't get the fireball upgrade. Was much easier once I found that.

I found the main boss of the mines quite difficult at first, but that was because I didn't get the fireball upgrade. Was much easier once I found that.

I actually had to change the button layout on my gamepad for that so I could hold down charge and press jump -_-

I still couldn't avoid that damn lightning storm she would do after her health got low.

daydream

Banned
The reviews are pretty negative.

Hm, bummer. I took a quick glance, but didn't want to sift through heaps of rubbish manufactured by the "this is not a game!!" brigade. I hope you're not referring to those.

Anyway, I'll keep my ears open for GAF voices.

Silent Hill: Otherside of Life if pretty good for Left 4 Dead 2 campaigns.

If you're a horror game nut like me, two campaigns you need to try:

Left 4 Dead 2 Silent Hill 1 Campaign:
Literally it is a recreation of the whole Silent Hill 1 game in Left 4 Dead 2, from start to finish. It has some very dark segments, and can be a toughie, but very fun, and some great atmosphere, especially if you have the sound pack, which the mirror link is down so I don't have on hand right now. OTL

Left 4 Dead 2: Resident Evil Outbreak File 1 Campaign
index.php
index.php

A recreation from all five scenarios from Resident Evil Outbreak File 1. A warning, this map is rather challenging though.

damn-gif-o.gif

rrs

Here's some games and a movie, have fun.

ModBot said:
Instructions for thecharrr:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 10 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (thecharrr, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Surgeon Simulator 2013 -- MB-2402897E8D3273A9 - Taken by Thanasis Deitus
Civilization 5 (nothing else) -- MB-10EC09706C222577 - Taken by freshVeggie
BioShock 1 -- MB-E3AAC843054DF9E0
Sid Meier's Pirates! -- MB-C089E80C0C8C94A1 - Taken by Servizio
Cities in Motion 2 -- MB-5610507C9EDD257B
t1cxE6r.gif
Mafia II -- MB-4919D46E53C16205
Indie Game: The Movie -- MB-8773E87529F27ABF
BioShock 2 -- MB-47297E1061776064 - Taken by Jiggaloboy
Sid Meier's Railroads! -- MB-A616F4C8545166E2
Civilization 4 Complete -- MB-A9796597A5DF2D83 - Taken by maneil99

t1405055321z1.png

Can't sleep from the pain, woke up at 1:30 am with a horrible belly ache, I think I had something like a hydrocution.

At least it made me be awake to enter the awesome Fuzzification giveaway.

Ronin Seraph

Neo Member
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Ronin Seraph, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Claire -- MB-845DF8ED4E00CEAF - Taken by NotSelf
Claire #2 -- MB-29D2E08DE8A1992A - Taken by DJSebolski
Claire #3 -- MB-228EF651B04136CC - Taken by corrosivefrost

We wrapped up dev on Claire and launched it on Monday. It has a 15% discount until the 14th. But, gonna go ahead and give away three keys. May give out more later as well. The reviews we've gotten seem to be positive so far. Interested to see what more of GAF thinks. We had Toma doing testing along with Christian (More Badass). He's also writing up a review I think.

Turfster

So apparently there's a price mistake with Red Solstice (EA) where the 2 pack price is what the single price was supposed to be.

Could be true, could be a clever marketing scheme, since someone that "works for the dev team" gave this information and said it would be fixed soon-ish... 2 hours ago.

ModBot is Tsundere.
I must have done something wrong a month and a half ago, because it's been all tsun and no dere to me =p

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
son of a whore I go do some work and miss a Claire giveaway? wru raffle ;_;

fuck you Frosty

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
We wrapped up dev on Claire and launched it on Monday. It has a 15% discount until the 14th. But, gonna go ahead and give away three keys. May give out more later as well. The reviews we've gotten seem to be positive so far. Interested to see what more of GAF thinks. We had Toma doing testing along with Christian (More Badass). He's also writing up a review I think.

Damn missed this checking if I bought it already or not! Enjoy all~

Ozium

So.. I uh.. just finished Papers, Please... I got ending 4 of 20 and was arrested due to a discrepancy in my finances... wtf I took the 1000 bucks from that shady group and then denied all their members... I stayed true to my family and to Arstotzka, and this is how they repay me?

:(

Nabs

So apparently there's a price mistake with Red Solstice (EA) where the 2 pack price is what the single price was supposed to be.

Could be true, could be a clever marketing scheme, since someone that "works for the dev team" gave this information and said it would be fixed soon-ish... 2 hours ago.

I must have done something wrong a month and a half ago, because it's been all tsun and no dere to me =p

That RU four pack looks hot. $3.53 a pop.

Jawmuncher

cool hope it goes well. Dusk Golem was telling us about it and it sounded interesting.
definitely going to keep my eyes on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom