• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014-2 In his house at R'lyeh, dead Cthulhu waits dreaming

Status
Not open for further replies.
We wrapped up dev on Claire and launched it on Monday. It has a 15% discount until the 14th. But, gonna go ahead and give away three keys. May give out more later as well. The reviews we've gotten seem to be positive so far. Interested to see what more of GAF thinks. We had Toma doing testing along with Christian (More Badass). He's also writing up a review I think.
This looks really neat and is relevant to my interests, thanks for posting. I'm going to add it to the wishlist later. Looking forward to hearing impressions from our fellows.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
We wrapped up dev on Claire and launched it on Monday. It has a 15% discount until the 14th. But, gonna go ahead and give away three keys. May give out more later as well. The reviews we've gotten seem to be positive so far. Interested to see what more of GAF thinks. We had Toma doing testing along with Christian (More Badass). He's also writing up a review I think.

Very cool of you to give out some keys, and I hope you get good feedback from the people who claimed them.

Zantar

Neo Member
I actually had to change the button layout on my gamepad for that so I could hold down charge and press jump -_-

I still couldn't avoid that damn lightning storm she would do after her health got low.

Does the game play better on a gamepad? I was using KB&M when I played.
I should get around to finishing it at some point

KarmaCow

Has anyone tried the the new TF2 game mode, Robot Destruction? Valve put out a beta map for it so they're still tweaking it but I kinda like it. It's focused around getting 300 points, which are gathered by ai drones in your base. The drones can be attacked by the enemy team to slow your point growth but they can also steal your core which has your points. Probably my favourite part of the current map is the core is behind multiple vertically moving lasers so there is an element of timing to get in and out.

At the moment, it's more like a CTF variant than DOTA but it does decentralize the points of interest to make defending/attacking more interesting.

Jawmuncher

Has anyone tried the the new TF2 game mode, Robot Destruction? Valve put out a beta map for it so they're still tweaking it but I kinda like it. It's focused around getting 300 points, which are gathered by ai drones in your base. The drones can be attacked by the enemy team to slow your point growth but they can also steal your core which has your points. Probably my favourite part of the current map is the core is behind multiple vertically moving lasers so there is an element of timing to get in and out.

At the moment, it's more like a CTF variant than DOTA but it does decentralize the points of interest to make defending/attacking more interesting.

Sounds good and something that would be great for SteamGAF to play.
Since im sure the bulk of us suck at TF2 if CSGO is any indication.
Definitely like how they are working on that for people who want something different.

Turfster

Missed this.
Always nice to see devs that are also gaffers here, wish you the best with the game.
Looks neat and spooky.

Going by my giveaway win yesterday.
Reverse Psychology definitely works on modbot.

I thought we'd decided the way to win a game for sure was to buy it yourself. =p

Kanokare

Wish I was able to pick it up earlier >_< Went up by 2 bucks last I checked. Oh well! Hope those bonus games are worth it as well.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Kanokare, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last week, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
Mafia II -- MB-4C8352397EAE801A - Taken by DJSebolski. 1 entrants total.
t1cxE6r.gif
Spec Ops The Line -- MB-AED1B0BDA555DA2F - Taken by MrTeachwell. 2 entrants total.
Bioshock -- MB-74812D293D369830 - Taken by Tesseract. 1 entrants total.

t1405046862z1.png

I'm going to have rewatch lost at some point.
Never watched it. Is it any good?
One day I'll learn to never enter a giveaway for a small game since most of the big games have that no winners for the past 24 hours deal.
No. The secret tactic is to aim only for the small ones. Big ones get to much attention.
Search for the hidden gems.
L4D2 has some nice custom campaigns.
Yama
Yama looks perfect for me. Thanks for making me notice!
No worries, with my legendary™ art skills, I'll make GAF-tan happier in no time.
Both sketches look like Saoirse. Also, congrats Dusk for your birthday! You do a mighty fine job at putting some light on forgotten games.
Let me know of any problems. Good luck!
Here's some games and a movie, have fun.
Both of you are generous beyond belief. In for a couple games >_>
Congrats on finishing your game! Looks very interesting. Hope you guys hit it big with this. Just found about it today and promptly wishlisted. Too bad I slept it seems. Damned be your euro-bros, heh?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
like I posted on the steam forums if you bought it from indiegala it will be a week after the game is out because indiegala is slow :(

groupees is legit

wasnt it also in some indieroyale?

Speevy

Banned
ModBot said:
Instructions for Speevy:

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Speevy, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Kentucky Route Zero -- MB-B753E14603AFD48E - Taken by Ventara. 30 entrants total.

t1405047458z1.png

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
how many eps of KR0 are out now, 3 right? I loved the first 2, need to get back to it

Oh wow, just noticed. Thanks stump for changing my name so quickly!
It's good if you're fine with leaving it unfinished. Season 1-2 is great, season 3-4 is eh and everything afterwards it's basically "Wtf am I even watching?"
Shouldn't be a problem. Wish I had stopped with Heroes after 2nd season.

diablogod

Reposting before it ends.

ModBot said:
Instructions for diablogod:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

I am giving away 8 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (diablogod, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Skullgirls Encore -- MB-15F19DBB06AA8BE2 - Taken by saunderez. 15 entrants total.
Inversion (North America Region Locked) -- MB-EBC112BE9DD16C4B - Taken by SSPssp. 1 entrants total.
Vanguard Princess -- MB-D8E8B00631B452B2 - Taken by Accoun. 1 entrants total.
Supreme Commander Forged Alliance -- MB-C2BB63B124A1CEED - Taken by Vlad. 1 entrants total.
Supreme Commander -- MB-3608F7B1CBB19D0C - Taken by Hanzou. 2 entrants total.
Reversion The Meeting -- MB-D37D6E20D8C10CBC - Taken by Aaron. 3 entrants total.
Diehard Dungeon -- MB-C57E21DEB1142342 - Taken by Gunstarheroes. 2 entrants total.

Satazius -- MB-51EAB66DBCF3F706 - Taken by Hanzou. 4 entrants total.

t1405048360z1.png

Mokoi

Banned

Nahh not yet, but seems quite enjoyable. The timing of capturing the core also seems like a nice game design choice. I'll try this game mode out later tonight.

----

Divinity / Alien giveaway reminder.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member

It's always good to see devs reach out to the community like this, especially for a game that looks as interesting as Claire. Looking forward to seeing impressions of it.

My birthday is July 11th tomorrow

Preemptive happy birthday!

Sounds like another way to go. I've never beaten the game yet so I was just telling him what I ended up doing so far :p. Playing it as we speak actually.

New Londo Ruins is a terrible place... but it's something that is best treated like a removing a band-aid; just rip that bastard off and be done with it.

You have to deal with Four Kings and the fact that you can only hurt the enemies there with a cursed weapon or being cursed yourself. Then you no longer have to dread your trip into the void.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
Tizoc mentioned earlier that we should be getting Steam keys for Soul Gambler soon, but I figured that I should mention that the dev has confirmed that they'll be distributed over the next few days.

Bonus points for this:

Everyone who has already purchased Soul Gambler in any online gamestore or was one of the original Backers at the Kickstarter Campaign, will receive a Steam Key of Soul Gambler: Dark Arts Edition, which includes the Artbook (76 pages) and the OST (Original Soundtrack).

That includes anyone that bought it through a bundle.

iosefe

Yeah, I'm surprised at the quality for a free game with a $40,000 budget.

shame they couldn't voice it too. i've taken to having Ava voice by Jen Taylor in my head. still thinking about what to voice the player character as

*edit*, just hit the battle screen. so there is a voice

Rhaknar

Tizoc mentioned earlier that we should be getting Steam keys for Soul Gambler soon, but I figured that I should mention that the dev has confirmed that they'll be distributed over the next few days.

Bonus points for this:

That includes anyone that bought it through a bundle.

the difference between how some devs handle bundle keys to others is fucking uncanny

Jawmuncher

Was bored/tired so decided to see how Steam Streaming through splashtop to my ipad would work. have to say im pretty impressed. granted my bed is right by my desk but i really didnt notice lag while trying LP3. This seems to be something great if you want to play point and click/VNs or games with a controller. Wonder if steam is prepping their streaming to other devices through their app.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Was bored/tired so decided to see how Steam Streaming through splashtop to my ipad would work. have to say im pretty impressed. granted my bed is right by my desk but i really didnt notice lag while trying LP3. This seems to be something great if you want to play point and click/VNs or games with a controller. Wonder if steam is prepping their streaming to other devices through their app.

Steam 3DS App. Do It Valve.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom