• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014-2 In his house at R'lyeh, dead Cthulhu waits dreaming

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh new thread already?

For those asking about CS:GO I'll be too busy most of this week to try to organize something. However, on this coming Friday and the weekend I'll try to organize some games the same way I have been previously.

As for the server idea, I want to see if we can get a good, consistent player base every time I organize this. If we can keep this up for a few weeks I'll definitely try to organize a fundraiser to get a server up and running for anyone on GAF to hop on to at any given time. I will still organize a designated time to play even with the server so everyone knows when most of us will be online.

If anyone else is interested in organizing some matches for this week, PM me and I'll give you my boiler code for the posts I make as well as instructions on how to set it up.

maneil99

Oh new thread already?

For those asking about CS:GO I'll be too busy most of this week to try to organize something. However, on this coming Friday and the weekend I'll try to organize some games the same way I have been previously.

As for the server idea, I want to see if we can get a good, consistent player base every time I organize this. If we can keep this up for a few weeks I'll definitely try to organize a fundraiser to get a server up and running for anyone on GAF to hop on to at any given time. I will still organize a designated time to play even with the server so everyone knows when most of us will be online.

If anyone else is interested in organizing some matches for this week, PM me and I'll give you my boiler code for the posts I make as well as instructions on how to set it up.

I'll be unbanned by then :)

Is Skyrim doable/fun with just a controller?

I'm kind of interested in starting it (on PC) but would like to play it from the couch if possible.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
I was thinking about buying the Deponia Collection, but I probably won't ever play the game and damn, keys are expensive on the market.

It was not meant to be.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
The Wolf Among Us season finale:

kRss9hS.gif

dat ending

Sky Chief

Somebody take my key please! It's an amazing game!

ModBot said:
Instructions for Sky Chief:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Sky Chief, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Bioshock -- MB-D0B0B467E89D9879 - Taken by Jmanunknown

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
The Witcher 3 seems to clearly be the most wanted at the moment, although I'd imagine once GTA V becomes available, that'll be first.

Witcher 3 or Divinity, and with Divinity being available now as opposed to Witcher in 9 months, I would say Divinity probably

or you know, the usual big games being given out atm, DR3 or Mordor (those 4 are pretty much all that are available atm to buy, the landscape will change when GTA5, Alien etc become available for purchase, and therefore available to purchase from mother russia)

Jawmuncher

I was thinking about buying the Deponia Collection, but I probably won't ever play the game and damn, keys are expensive on the market.

It was not meant to be.

Just find a friend on your list who owns all 3.
They can buy it for 3.99 and you could paypal them if they are trustworthy.

Witcher 3 or Divinity, and with Divinity being available now as opposed to Witcher in 9 months, I would say Divinity probably

or you know, the usual big games being given out atm, DR3 or Mordor (those 4 are pretty much all that are available atm to buy, the landscape will change when GTA5, Alien etc become available for purchase, and therefore available to purchase from mother russia)

Not only is Divinity out now, but it's PC exclusive. That makes it more appealing I think?

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Just find a friend on your list who owns all 3.
They can buy it for 3.99 and you could paypal them if they are trustworthy.

A key is.... cheaper than that.

Edit: let me make myself clear: The game is 2 keys/1 key+1 ticket on TF2Outpost, and keys are 2.48 usd on the Steam Market.

ev0

Huh didn't even notice this was a new thread already. Moving fast for summer.

I'm torn on the 2k Bundle. I've played a lot of those on consoles, but I love to collect shit on Steam

Derp

i don't usually like turn based combat.. but it's so good. you're really missing out if that's all you're worried about
I guess... But i really don't wanna take the risk at $40. But i'll definitely go for it once it inevitably gets discounted to hell in the distant future.

saunderez

One of many giveaways of these games, first come first served!

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (saunderez, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

The Bureau: XCOM Declassified -- MB-11503F78A6712F19 - Taken by dot
The Darkness II -- MB-AED90FCB3A801F32 - Taken by Tellaerin

Jawmuncher

A key is.... cheaper than that.

Edit: let me make myself clear: The game is 2 keys/1 key+1 ticket on TF2Outpost, and keys are 2.48 usd on the Steam Market.

It depends on who you talk to. Figured you had only found someone selling for 2 keys.
Which would be more than the 3.99

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
That's a shame; Super Paper Mario was the one that started my love for the saga and my favorite to this day. It has some flaws, sure, but it did everything else so well that I find it easy to overlook them.

Super Paper Mario is my least favorite :p

Honestly, I enjoyed Sticker Star more, and it was the definition of mediocre.

I don't use the no lurkers rule, cause it supports pointless posts. :(

I've never really though of it that way, but that's actually sort of true.

Of all games on steam what game does SteamGaf want the most for a giveaway?

Fading Hearts.

Current Dunder prices in case people were wondering.

j18AUQwwLhAQe.PNG

Never made a deal with Dunder before, for future reference, does he accept Paypal or Steam keys, etc.?

So this may be the first time in 4 years that I didn't buy the latest Magic game. I'm just losing interest in the series now that Hearthstone is out. Hrm....

SSPssp

I just won 12 bucks from the M&M promotion just now. Fortunately my cards were valid and I put it in my steam wallet through paypal. There were no problems that some people have been having.

I hope something nice comes up on sale!

Hugstable

Banned
GUY ITS OVER!!!!!

Ornstein And Smough are DEAD!!! After so long it's finally over!!!! UGUUGUGUGF

Pictures going up on my activity later.... dammmmmn

Does anyone know how to get around Games For Windows Live log on for GTA liberty City stories? Now I've played it before. I have a save game. I launch the game from steam, log on to Rock Star Social Cub, log onto GFWL. At this point, GFWL says it needs an update. If I let it update, it just hangs and never finishes. I let it sit for an hour, it never gets past the first percent. If I skip the update, it say i have to play in off line more. Fine but when I do that, it comes up immediately and says I have to log in to play.

I'm assuming some GFWL servers are offline. Is there a way to make this run in offline mode?

Card Boy

Banned
Dunder, Dunder, Dunder, Dunder
I was caught
In the middle of a Railworks track
I looked round
And I knew there was no turning back
My mind raced
And I thought what could I do
And I knew
There was help, help from you
Sound of the drums