• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014-2 In his house at R'lyeh, dead Cthulhu waits dreaming

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ozium

Has anyone ever actually beaten bad rats? dat ending twist...

I've never even played Bad Rats...

True, but...

llal6Rs.png
Wow!

Altazor

GUY ITS OVER!!!!!

Ornstein And Smough are DEAD!!! After so long it's finally over!!!! UGUUGUGUGF

Pictures going up on my activity later.... dammmmmn

you beat Pikachu and Snorlax? Yay, congrats Hugs! Best boss fight in the base game IMHO. Difficult, frustrating but always FUN.

Enjoy the Amazing Chest! :D

Mono

Haha...

I think case drops got me addicted. And i plan on playing Shovel Knight soon! Right after uh....Gone Home. Which i haven't gotten to yet.

I blame Gaben for making me want free money. ;-;

Gone Home is great, too! \o/

Telltale knows the formula is successful, no reason to drop it now. On a side note, I want a GoT game that doesn't suck!

I can't imagine they would suddenly screw up on the GoT game! I'm so hyped!!

Shadownet

Banned
This isn't the first time.

And he's not the only one who's done that giveaway. :lol

No disrespect to nbnt or anything, he's amazing. I'm just saying he's not the only one who's doing the good work.

Happy birthday, RionnaM.

I can't match that level of giveaway. lol maybe JaseC or Sub Zero can. but not me.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I just realized my Mac game apps aren't showing up anymore, that's a nice change. No more double GTA III, Vice City, and San Andreas apps.

i wonder if thats whats messing with my game count lately

True, but...

llal6Rs.png

EDIT: oh yeah I should mention this is for the current Humble Bundle

I fail to see how that's relevant to the fact that others have given away the same games in nbnt's giveaway or that some seem to have forgotten that drunk friend that picked up your bar tab to the tune of 40 (or more) games given away mere days before the steam sale.

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Sorry, but I gotta flip tables when people start forgetting about senpai.

Ozium

Alright, I was debating between Xenonauts and CoD:AW but I wasn't able to do any giveaways like last winter this summer sale because I didn't have much moolah. Normally I do 'Guess the Daily Sales' but there are no daily sales..so..here's the plan:
I'll be giving away a copy of The Witcher 3 OR a game of the same value (8 keys) if you already own it. I will be starting a contest now and in 13 hours so everyone has a chance. I have not bought the games yet as I planned to get some steam wallet but my eyebrow waxing was too painful and Dunder is offline.

So how do you win? Stupid riddles. Friend of mine's brother is part of a pretty decent size band from around here (check steam profile for location). They released a new song, you're job is the send that song via PM on GAF (Please don't spam here, thread is fast enough as it is)

The hint of the name of both the song and band are;

Scientific Hypothesis _________ Deceased _______ ------ Heavan

Spaces will be filled in if no correct guesses.
I'm not rich but people seem to be upset with my shenanigans lately so here is my apology?
Boom threadshitted

instead of a game worth 8 keys can we win 8 KEYS? I need to open some crates

Jawmuncher

Alright, I was debating between Xenonauts and CoD:AW but I wasn't able to do any giveaways like last winter this summer sale because I didn't have much moolah. Normally I do 'Guess the Daily Sales' but there are no daily sales..so..here's the plan:
I'll be giving away a copy of The Witcher 3 OR a game of the same value (8 keys) if you already own it. I will be starting a contest now and in 13 hours so everyone has a chance. I have not bought the games yet as I planned to get some steam wallet but my eyebrow waxing was too painful and Dunder is offline.

So how do you win? Stupid riddles. Friend of mine's brother is part of a pretty decent size band from around here (check steam profile for location). They released a new song, you're job is the send that song via PM on GAF (Please don't spam here, thread is fast enough as it is)

Scientific Hypothesis _________ Deceased _______ ------ Heaven

I'm not rich but people seem to be upset with my shenanigans lately so here is my apology?
Boom threadshitted

Let's see if detective GAF still has the sauce.

All that said, I have an itchy trigger finger ... any of the *cough* usual suspects *cough* getting together for some payday 2 tonight?

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
Gone Home is great, too! \o/

I can't imagine they would suddenly screw up on the GoT game! I'm so hyped!!

GoT will be the game Telltale half asses, making it one of the worst games they've ever made, while Tales from the Blands will be widely regarded as one of the best video games of all time.

Believe

Ventara

Scientific Hypothesis _________ Deceased _______ ------ Heaven

Boom threadshitted

its-a-mystery-500x325.jpg

Nice giveaway. Just entered. But good luck getting Witcher 3 from Dundar. I've been trying for the past few days and they're always taken by the time I see them. They go FAST.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Looks like it, it was part of the recent Beta update, I thought I was crazy when I saw my game count drop but couldn't figure out why.

but i opted out of the beta and
bad
rats still steal my games away

GoT will be the game Telltale half asses, making it one of the worst games they've ever made, while Tales from the Blands will be widely regarded as one of the best video games of all time.

Believe

No they're doing a crossover series. Handsome Jack will sit the Iron Throne with his loving wife Danaerys Sirenborn at his side.

donny2112

Whoa... Second July thread? That's something. Wasn't even a Summer Sale. o.o

Edit:
There's also no need to reply just to express that boy a lot of people are posting, or that the thread is fast, or that you wish the thread wasn't as fast, or that posts that just boil down to "the thread is moving quickly" are being deleted, or to quote posts that are going to be deleted to tell them they're going to be deleted.

Ah. Just finished skimming through the first 8 pages and saw this. :p

Shengar

Yeah I might have lucked out with them. But I never had trouble with them.
But I will say that boss scared me the first time. Will spoiler tag.
Seeing the ghost go from big to small (due to distance) in pure blackness was terryfying.

I'm scared as well,
and imagine some big and black suddenly stabs you from behind

gabbo

I don't want to see TellTale animation for GOT sex scenes. I would cringe out of existence. I mean Walking Dead S02 struggles with animating basic dialogue scenes.

I know they're all about getting their games on every platform under the sun, but they really need to get a new engine.

Reposting this just in case. I won't post it again. I assume no one uses coupons ever haha.

I've used some of mine before but never had any success giving them away. Which hasn't really surprised me, cos in most cases patience will get anyone an even cheaper copy of the game within a few months, what with bundles and seasonal sales.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
I'm little on the late side, but I gotta say... State of Decay is a really fun game.

Once you get past the Jankyness of the port and the terrible lack of tutorial "what? Resources that are over your capacity don't survive the night?", it becomes a really nice resource management game.

I re-started it three times: Two because I didn't learn mechanics the first two and a third because... well, Marcus died... :(

On the last restart though, I already gained enough knowledge on the game's mechanics that I had nothing but fun playing it. It was a great "one more mission" type of game, where 4 hours would go by and I wouldn't notice.

As I was telling a game, this game would benefit greatly from Steam Workshop support. Not for stupid "cheat" mods, but for more things to do in the game. For instance: There's an airplane that crashed in the middle of the map. Not only the game never triggers you to go there (It didn't on my playthrough), so I decided to go there by myself and... there was nothing there, other than a small stash of food, the most common material in the game.

Workshop integration could allow people to make quest lines into interesting places, like the airplane. The
"go back to the lake and get a memento from my dad"
mission was alright and the game would benefit from more missions like that. Variety in the random missions ("A friend needs help!" or "let's kill one freak!") would also go a long way.

I already finished the main game, so here's hoping for the first DLC. IT was also 75% off and I didn't start playing it yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom