• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014-2 In his house at R'lyeh, dead Cthulhu waits dreaming

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
I want all the games on that list. ( I own Shovel Knight and Abyss Odyssey)

Let me see if I can get some work around here washing a car or something to get The Witcher or Mordor.

Mono

I splurged on Shovel Knight 3DS and the 3D effects are super amazing!!
I think I like it better than the PC version!

Jawmuncher

Sorry, but The Four Kings>Ornstein and Smough for me.
That fucking phantom hitboxes always get me, everytime.

Yeah I might have lucked out with them. But I never had trouble with them.
But I will say that boss scared me the first time. Will spoiler tag.
Seeing the ghost go from big to small (due to distance) in pure blackness was terryfying.

Unless he decides to do the DLC. Then the pain gets even worse.

Congrats Hugs, enjoy the Amazing Chest.

I never played the DLC. It was the main reason along with DSfix that I bought it again on PC. Maybe I should get on that sooner rather than later.

ev0

Is Dunder back for awhile or just temporarily? the guys prices are the best.

Also, any reason why tf2 keys are 2.50+ now on the market? I swear they were cheaper recently

Hugstable

Banned
idc what anyone says, that boss is cheap. Always needed co op to beat those assholes.

I did it on my own and everything, didn't even summon Brolaire that round because I forgot to reverse Hollow and I was already at the boss door. I can't believe I pulled the win off in this round of all rounds. It was really close too.

The Wolf Among Us season finale:

kRss9hS.gif

Question for those who finished this and kept up with the Telltale's community. Does this game have the same save game bug that has plagued The Walking Dead series?

dot

I splurged on Shovel Knight 3DS and the 3D effects are super amazing!!
I think I like it better than the PC version!

how could you Momo

you joined Salsa and the dark side!

You must really like the game. Which i should totally play too. But for some reason i'm playing CSGO. why

Mono

Thanks for the info. How are the controls?

I don't have the steam version yet, but I do have some 3ds credit...

They're great! I was surprised that you can change the controls like you can in the PC version. It's a little weird to get used to when going through menus because by default, B is jump/confirm and A is attack/cancel, but it makes sense in the game.

Probably not worth posting but these expire soon so, I have the following coupons:
50% off Nightmares from the Deep: The Siren`s Call
66% off The Bridge
66% off Zombie Driver HD
66% off Postal
66% off Spectraball
75% off Psychonauts
75% off Radical Roach Deluxe
75% off Return to Mysterious Island

You can have them for free, or cards if you want to give me cards.

Sorry if this is an annoying post. I have not kept up with this community.
Reposting this just in case. I won't post it again. I assume no one uses coupons ever haha.

Mono

how could you Momo

you joined Salsa and the dark side!

You must really like the game. Which i should totally play too. But for some reason i'm playing CSGO. why

I am the link between worlds. My devotion to the Nintendo overlords can never be silenced!

Shovel Knight is excellent; I love it a lot!!
What are you doing!?

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Question for those who finished this and kept up with the Telltale's community. Does this game have the same save game bug that has plagued The Walking Dead series?

I didn't experience any problems with my save file throughout the season. However, I didn't have problems with The Walking Dead either...

Pretty much confirms that there will be a season 2.
Maybe.

I really hope they do. I guess the game is a prequel to the graphic novels, so I'm probably going to start reading those now. :)

Mono

Pretty much confirms that there will be a season 2.
Maybe.

I kind of saw it as a lighthearted "the end... OR IS IT?! Read the comics!" I really want there to be a season 2 because I loved TWAU, but I don't want them to force something if there isn't enough content there. Seems like there isn't as much wiggle room in the universe as TWD.

Skipping the last few pages, cause I'm lazy and don't want to read 300+ posts.

What'd I miss, besides Salsa being @ 999 games, loving his 3DS, and telling us that we're not his friends?

Tektonic

The Swapper

It's been in my library for some time, but due to a comment in the Steam thread - and some recommendations, I started it yesterday. Early this morning, I finished it.

Ostensibly a puzzle game, The Swapper evades the trap of being just a puzzle game. If that's all it was, it would be in the same conversations as Bad Rats, Peggle, even Minesweeper. Why then is The Swapper more than just a puzzle game?

Atmosphere, setting & Sci-Fi. It aims to be something more, with an atmospheric setup - you've just crash landed in a pod - there's a voice speaking to you, oh and you can clone yourself. As you traverse the planet, as well as the space station - you discover more about what happened. You'll also learn how you can clone yourself, and questions will be raised as to the ethics of it.

While you are playing, cloning, swapping, destroying your clones to help you solve a puzzle, the question of the ethics of what you are doing seems far off. But think about the question you will, as slowly The Swapper reveals it's darkest secrets.

I loved it.

There is a lot of talk about how you as a clone can have free movement, and how your real self (Scavenger +) was able to maneuver you out to the escape pod. To me it's obvious that the real Scavenger+ cloned herself - this clone, you, was 1st generation as it were. It was an exact copy, a duplicate. When the clone used the Swapper - now it's clones were copies of a copy - not able to have free thought. They didn't have souls, or free will - they were just 2nd generation copies. What do you guys think?

p.s. i swapped at the end. did anyone jump?

dot

I am the link between worlds. My devotion to the Nintendo overlords can never be silenced!

Shovel Knight is excellent; I love it a lot!!
What are you doing!?

Haha...

I think case drops got me addicted. And i plan on playing Shovel Knight soon! Right after uh....Gone Home. Which i haven't gotten to yet.

I blame Gaben for making me want free money. ;-;

What'd I miss, besides Salsa being @ 999 games, loving his 3DS, and telling us that we're not his friends?

Batman made another awesome giveaway.

Shadownet

Banned

nbnt is giving away Bad Rats, Original Sin, Dead Rising 3, Witcher 3 AND Shadow of Mordor.

#EPICGIVEAWAY

Hugstable

Banned
Dark Souls Spoiler

Gywnevere
reminds me so much of Mem Aleph from Shin Megami Tensei Stange Journey? They look and pose eerily similar lol. Both hard ass RPG games.

For anyone who has played XCOM Enemy Unknown, does anyone have a custom DefaultNameList? I don't really want to edit each name by hand... Is there a mod that can pull names off my Steam friend list?

Not going to read the spoilers.
But TT has cliffhanged before on games that aren't getting another season.
It's not a spoiler ;)
Or is it?
I really hope they do. I guess the game is a prequel to the graphic novels, so I'm probably going to start reading those now. :)

I kind of saw it as a lighthearted "the end... OR IS IT?! Read the comics!" I really want there to be a season 2 because I loved TWAU, but I don't want them to force something if there isn't enough content there. Seems like there isn't as much wiggle room in the universe as TWD.
Telltale knows the formula is successful, no reason to drop it now. On a side note, I want a GoT game that doesn't suck!

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member

It's RionaaM's birthday.

Dunder has good prices on good games.

Mono is Salsa's alt account.

There's a Bad Rats giveaway.

nbnt is giving away Bad Rats, Original Sin, Dead Rising 3, Witcher 3 AND Shadow of Mordor.

#EPICGIVEAWAY

This isn't the first time.

And he's not the only one who's done that giveaway. :lol

No disrespect to nbnt or anything, he's amazing. I'm just saying he's not the only one who's doing the good work.

Happy birthday, RionnaM.

We really need to force SEGA's hand on Fantasy Zone II. Now that it's getting the 3D Classics rendition (both the SMS original and the System 16 remake), an enhanced Steam port w/leaderboards and room for mods would singlehandedly destroy most of the other Steam-released STGs.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
This isn't the first time.

And he's not the only one who's done that giveaway. :lol

No disrespect to nbnt or anything, he's amazing. I'm just saying he's not the only one who's doing the good work.

True, but...

llal6Rs.png

EDIT: oh yeah I should mention this is for the current Humble Bundle

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom