• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014-2 In his house at R'lyeh, dead Cthulhu waits dreaming

Status
Not open for further replies.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Anyone else know if there's a Steam policy about informing customers about the need for a controller on the game's page?

Wondering as during the start of Guacamelee there's an area where you learn some new moves. The catch? No keyboard combo can be used, only a controller works (I asked in the OT).

I feel this is disingenuous to buyers as the game is listed as supporting, but not requiring a controller, even though it apparently needs one for certain core moves.

There isn't a policy about this - Steam just displays whatever information the publisher/developer gives them.

On rare occasions, they (Valve) have added a dialog box to games like Dark Souls saying that a controller is strongly recommended. I believe this is only in cases where a lot of people contact support complaining about it / asking for refunds.

As you wish.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 1 maneil99. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (electroflame, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade maneil99s you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim maneil99s you have no interest in collecting or using. Don't claim maneil99s to give them to friends off-site.
- If the maneil99 is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw some time after the draw was created. Any maneil99 not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
image.php

maneil99 -- MB-USGD12R17BAL0L8

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
all right!

with a 64 bit OS, let's see if Killer is Dead wants to play with me this time

Killadji

Want some SICK HOBO ?

sickhobo.jpg

ModBot said:
Instructions for Killadji:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Killadji, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Bioshock -- MB-9A122A28E0925B70 - Taken by Purkake4. 2 entrants total.

t1404931003z1.png

There isn't a policy about this - Steam just displays whatever information the publisher/developer gives them.

On rare occasions, they (Valve) have added a dialog box to games like Dark Souls saying that a controller is strongly recommended.

Brothers has this notice:

Notice: Brothers - A Tale of Two Sons requires a controller to play

Wonder if that's something Starbreeze informed Valve about.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
I can't decide whether to try buying 13 keys to get Alien: Isolation, or use up my GMG credit to get it for around the same price.

maneil99

I can't decide whether to try buying 13 keys to get Alien: Isolation, or use up my GMG credit to get it for around the same price.

Keep your GMG credit for a game that is region locked. GMG credit is more valuable then a bunch of keys, why waste it when you don't need to!

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
what kind of ... services .. does maneil99 perform anyway? Not sure if I'm entering

Dr Dogg

Well against all sane advice I did indeed end up buying Pro Evo '14 last night. Now it's been a while since I've bought an entry in this series on PC as it's been more than a bit wonky (2010 was the last I bought which was a bitter disappointment) and while no where near that standard of Pro Evo 5 let alone close to the perfection of J-League Winning Eleven 2010 Club Championship on PS2 but it certainly better than all the previous PS360 entries I've played. Well apart from the bullshit cheating AI on higher difficulty settings but that's been a spectre hanging over the series for close to a decade now.

Speaking of long times and seeing it's been ages since I've been in and around the Pro Evo modding scene, in my quest to find any custom patches and unpacking tools I stumbled across my 11 year old account on a very quite but still functioning modding forum. 11 years! Sadly almost all my 'quality' contributions had been purged as the oldest the archives stretch back to were 2005 but it was really freaky to step back in time like that. I can't believe I still remembered by login credentials. I wonder if my old GameFAQs account is still kicking about?

Fingers crossed Konami see sense and put in Steam Workshop support for Pro Evo 2015 for Steam. And if it's not too much dump that useless Konami ID account requirement and add some Steam Chievos too! Time to pester Adam Bhatia I guess

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Yo is it still your birthday?

In case happy birthday and let's play L4D2 as soon as possible
(or as soon as Holland win the world cup or something)
!
Nope, it ended 15.5 hours ago. But if you want to play some L4D2 right now, I'm on! At least until the match starts and Argie kicks some orange ass.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
Keep your GMG credit for a game that is region locked. GMG credit is more valuable then a bunch of keys, why waste it when you don't need to!

Yeah, it's just a hassle trying to get hold of that many keys through the marketplace and I never really figured out the grey market stuff.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Really Big Sky -- MB-5551A68B73975CD6 - Taken by Helmholtz

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
that manei giveaway wasnt real, I feel cheated

Copons

Nope, it ended 15.5 hours ago. But if you want to play some L4D2 right now, I'm on! At least until the match starts and Argie kicks some orange ass.

It's just because I LIVE IN THE FUTURE or something!

BUT: I'm totally on for L4D2! Is there someone else here who wants to join for a quick match before South American football disappointment part 2?

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Want some SICK HOBO ?

sickhobo.jpg
HAHAHAHHAHA, I'm dying! So good.

It's just because I LIVE IN THE FUTURE or something!

BUT: I'm totally on for L4D2! Is there someone else here who wants to join for a quick match before South American football disappointment part 2?
Guys, please listen to Copons. We need more SteamGAFfers to play some L4D2 right now. Skill level doesn't matter (I suck!), the only requirement is that you want to have a good time.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
im still legitshook from that indie royale bundle o_O

edit: Warmachine Tactics 59.99€ u wot m8?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom