• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014-2 In his house at R'lyeh, dead Cthulhu waits dreaming

Status
Not open for further replies.

Autofokus

I have Ys Celceta on the Vita. Are any of those games on sale the same? I mean a remake of Celceta or the other way around.

In space, noone can hear you say how fast this thread moves

giphy.gif

But you will hear me scream like a little girl if I win.

I've put a few hours into Syberia and I've just run across quite possibly the most shocking puzzle I've ever seen in a point-and-click adventure.

That being, "I don't want to sully my hands picking up this dirty and wet item, so I'll get a mentally challenged boy to do it." What the hell were the developers thinking? I'd understand if she had said she wasn't strong enough to pick up the item (as it was previously established the boy was stronger than the protagonist) but if you try to touch the item yourself, she only acts disgusted at how dirty and wet it is. So let the retard do it? (And yes, the game does use this word on more than one occasion.) I can only imagine words were had, because there was nothing of the sort in Syberia II, but wow. First time I was genuinely shocked by a game.

user237

Yep, it shows up as "Ys I" and "Ys II"

Oh, and for the record, it's pronounced so it rhymes with "fleece," not "wise" or "ease."

Cool, was wondering why the steam page showed the logo for only the first.

BTW, there was a Master System version of Ys 1 which randomly inserted an apostrophe into the title. Maybe that's how the whole WISE thing started up.

Helmholtz

The Ys games always looked pretty fun to me and I was going to pick them up during summer sale but they never were featured. Guess now's the time.
For a newcomer to the series, what games should I start with/what games do most people agree are the best?

Sini

I didn't enjoy The Walking Dead, but I'm having a blast with The Wolf Among Us. I just finished the third episode!
How do I unlock all the Book of Fables entries?

wetflame

Pizza Dog
I didn't enjoy The Walking Dead, but I'm having a blast with The Wolf Among Us. I just finished the third episod
How do I unlock all the Book of Fables entries?

Usually you unlock different ones for following different paths in the story, so you'd have to replay parts of the episode to get them all.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
http://www.indieroyale.com/
IndieRoyale The Donut Bundle

Chronology
Nightmares from the Deep: The Siren`s Call
The Book of Legends
Guns n Zombies
Quest of Dungeons
Mystery Game

Thanks for the heads up on this one. It's exceedingly rare to find an all-Steam bundle of which I don't have any of the games. Probably the first time in the last year that's happened to me.

Caerith

Cool, was wondering why the steam page showed the logo for only the first.

BTW, there was a Master System version of Ys 1 which randomly inserted an apostrophe into the title. Maybe that's how the whole WISE thing started up.

I figured it started because the Venn diagram showing the overlap of gamers and scholars of mythical cities would look like two circles that aren't touching.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
i cant remember the last time I didnt have a single game from a bundle

thank you based indieroyale

How much is that from the ruskies, I wish I had done that for my giveaway :'(

13 keys from most

Nice!

No idea if the game is good but GAF seems to think so so I'm pumped.

It's one of the best adventure games ever made, and one of the most classic games of them all, so you could say that it's pretty good.

Double Fine also said that it will be release for PC's at the same time as the PS versions.

Coreda

Anyone else know if there's a Steam policy about informing customers about the need for a controller on the game's page?

Wondering as during the start of Guacamelee there's an area where you learn some new moves. The catch? No keyboard combo can be used, only a controller works (I asked in the OT).

I feel this is disingenuous to buyers as the game is listed as supporting, but not requiring a controller, even though it apparently needs one for certain core moves.

dave is ok

aztek is ok
Anyone else know if there's a Steam policy about informing customers about the need for a controller on the game's page?

Wondering as during the start of Guacamelee there's an area where you learn some new moves. The catch? No keyboard combo can be used, only a controller works (I asked in the OT).

I feel this is disingenuous to buyers as the game is listed as supporting, but not requiring a controller, even though it apparently needs one for certain core moves.
I don't know, the only game I've ever seen tell people they need a controller is Brothers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom