• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014-2 In his house at R'lyeh, dead Cthulhu waits dreaming

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kiru

For everyone too lazy to create a fake twitter account:
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Kiru, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Really Big Sky -- MB-881971E19F27F042 - Taken by BadRamen. 5 entrants total.

t1404931843z1.png

Well just came back from Bad Rats. I will admit that its not as bad as I orginally thought but the game is boring as shit man. But on the bright side the cards seem to be worth something so thats not all that bad.

Lomax

If you do go back to it, try to grind out a few levels before retrying that boss. A single level can completely change a boss fight.

As I recall, I left off on a boss where there was no way for me to go back and grind without beating it to go by, which is another reason I've never gone back.

Dr Dogg

Would you kindly take some free games.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (phoenix296, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg

Bioshock 2 -- MB-27B3D6AC5076D904 - Taken by Relax.MX. 12 entrants total.
Bioshock -- MB-9DC81E137353633D

t1404931421z1.png

HAHAHAHHAHA, I'm dying! So good.

Guys, please listen to Copons. We need more SteamGAFfers to play some L4D2 right now. Skill level doesn't matter (I suck!), the only requirement is that you want to have a good time.

If I had installed it when I got it for free I'd join in, but alas I did not and so I cannot. Maybe I should DL it anyways, there's bound to be someone willing to play it at some point in the future, yes?

sapsari

No place for a bone there

ModBot said:
Instructions for sapsari:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Coldfire Keep -- MB-7CA06DD769959898 - Taken by dot. 2 entrants total.
Into the Dark Ultimate Trash Edition -- MB-8ECF63CFEADEE206 - Taken by Vastag. 3 entrants total.

By the way, there were some errors processing your keys...
Note: The key you added for Coldfire Keep was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.

t1404932203z1.png

I thought I owned Ys Origin on PSP but that only came out on PC? huh. Good timing for this sale too as i'm currently going through Ys II on the Vita.

Can anyone vouch for Ys Origin?

I've played it before it was available on Steam, if you're enjoying Ys II, you can't go wrong with Origin.

Dr Dogg

Steam has a recreation of the first Alien movie as a mission.
Sounds amazing. Though yeah it's a preorder grubbin.

Hmmm well maybe if I could play as the disembodied head of Ian Holm after flipping out.

The premise of the game sounds great but I have my doubts about the execution and publishing on 5 platforms at once, especially with how current optimisations of cross gen titles have been like that last year I'm definitely going to wait. Though I guess Stall and maybe Dusk will be there to give us some good impressions near release.

It's like the gremlin that was too ugly to be in Gremlins

I'm sure the House of Mouse will find an even greater way to ruin Star Wars than Lucas ever could. But Salacious Crumb was the boy.

By the way, in case it wasn't totally obvious, the maneil giveaway used a completely bogus key I made up. I got some messages on Steam asking what people were really entering for (I'd assume in fear of Bad Rats).

Good news, no Bad Rats! Bad news:
nGo5JfC.gif

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
every game in that donut bundle has cards too, good lord

By the way, in case it wasn't totally obvious, the maneil giveaway used a completely bogus key I made up. I got some messages on Steam asking what people were really entering for (I'd assume in fear of Bad Rats).

Good news, no Bad Rats! Bad news:
nGo5JfC.gif

I wanted manei not bad rats. there was no manei, that giveaway was a fake. that is not cool sir

L.O.R.D

yes, just got my first booster cards, saint row 3
and i already have them all
face10.png

level 25 now

any one know when should i get other second drops for the booster ?
i have a lot of games saying
You are now eligible for a booster pack
but didn't get anything else now

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Idk why I let this sit in my inventory for so long with the invention of modbot. Or why I made the mistake of buying a 4-pack so long ago.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for.

ModBot Basics:
- Thank you for taking this key that has sat in my inventory for far too long.

Section 8 Prejudice -- MB-9C73BF32740DF928 - Taken by maneil99

DarkMehm

Since there are quite a few people without twitter accounts:

ModBot said:
Instructions for DarkMehm:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:

Really Big Sky -- MB-6FF6F5168D03E1F9 - Taken by L.O.R.D. 4 entrants total.

t1404933043z1.png

user237

yes, just got my first booster cards, saint row 3
and i already have them all
face10.png

level 25 now

any one know when should i get other second drops for the booster ?
i have a lot of games saying

but didn't get anything else now

You probably won't get boosters for most of those games.

I didn't get boosters for most of my games, probably because they are old and nobody crafts badges for them anymore.

Speevy

Banned
Amazon pretty much gave away Bioshock with all their 2K Games credit, so it's not surprising that most people have it.

I've put a few hours into Syberia and I've just run across quite possibly the most shocking puzzle I've ever seen in a point-and-click adventure.

That being, "I don't want to sully my hands picking up this dirty and wet item, so I'll get a mentally challenged boy to do it." What the hell were the developers thinking? I'd understand if she had said she wasn't strong enough to pick up the item (as it was previously established the boy was stronger than the protagonist) but if you try to touch the item yourself, she only acts disgusted at how dirty and wet it is. So let the retard do it? (And yes, the game does use this word on more than one occasion.) I can only imagine words were had, because there was nothing of the sort in Syberia II, but wow. First time I was genuinely shocked by a game.
I was pretty horrified too. The way she interacts with her boyfriend is also pretty bad. I don't want more games with female protags who behave like THAT.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
REPOST

In space, noone can hear you say how fast this thread moves

dkz0s.gif

ModBot said:
Instructions for Rhaknar:

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Rhaknar, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
Alien: Isolation -- MB-CA7DEA1F15DA00F8 - Taken by Jawmuncher

t1404939525z1.png

giphy.gif

Dr Dogg

Make your mind up Steam!

lYZdSKu.png

What's more freaky is that I have promo ads turned off but after the most recent beta update they seem to have turned themselves on.

You should have waited five more years then sold it for a slice of the Caribbean.

Just imagine if/when your Pat & Mat haul comes good.

Actually speaking of desisted games that now go for a fortune has anyone been tracking their prices and what not? Might be an interesting venture to get a handle on the removed-from-Steam market and how much you might make on speculative purchases. I sure there is someone who is the foremost expert in Steam antiquities out there.

derExperte

Finally a Indie Royale bundle worth purchasing. And Nightmares from the Deep: The Siren's Call is one of the best made hidden-objects games I've played yet, really good stuff.

ModBot said:

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (derExperte, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:

Nightmares from the Deep: The Siren's Call -- MB-63AE2180FF0B3B80 - Taken by DarkMehm. 8 entrants total.

t1404933765z1.png

tav7623

All these Bioshocks! I shoulda waited instead of getting it for 5$ during the summer sale -_____-

Well I think it's mostly been because of this week's 2K themed Humble Bundle where $1 get you The Darkness 2, Bioshock, & The Bureau: XCOM Declassified.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom