• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014-2 In his house at R'lyeh, dead Cthulhu waits dreaming

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Jasec, I noticed that my dlc count plummeted down yesterday. Do you know what all that is about?

Are you sure you meant to say "DLC"? Mine hasn't changed.

Also, reasking in hopes JaseC is online and reading:
How can I check which version of a game I have in my library?
Censored/uncensored/standard us or german one?
I got tier 2 humble bundle and redeemed Bioshock 1 but I'd like to check which edition I have.

In 99% of cases you can just check the sub name as stated on your account page.

Edit: I wonder which GAFer made this thread. ;)

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
It is impossible for Grim Fandango to not be cool. reposts or not.

Oooooo, nice! The first two Ys games are goddamn fantastic, so enter this if you don't have them, people.

No, literally like 20 posts about the same news in different formats. Text, Twitter, images of the test, images of the Twitter.

It was beautiful.

Good afternoon, dudes. Today is more TWAU day. Nice giveaway, Rhaknar!

I'm hoping the same, but I'm saving it for when my girlfriend can watch it, even though she's (surprisingly) not impressed by the first...ummm, half of a chapter?

I do feel like, at least in the terms of describing a TV show, that sometimes the editing feels like it's making the scenes play out a bit slow or boring, but I personally love what is there so far, and the general look and tone of it.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
its sad and hilarious that we need to rejoice about news that a remake of GRIM FANDANGO of all games is indeed coming to PC

Dambrosi

Banned
Guile-salute.gif

Ys-y Operation.

Eanan

its sad and hilarious that we need to rejoice about news that a remake of GRIM FANDANGO of all games is indeed coming to PC

Nah its not sad...

That game will always be better than 90% of stuff released today.

Only 90s kids will understand doe u get me

Currently playing Ys II on the vita myself after having played Ys I not too long ago.

Fair warning to those who consider themselves proud JRPGers who would never search the internet for hints as to what to do next: these games will make you humble.

It doesn't help that Ys II first dungeon is very dark and im playing the game during my lunch time, thus making it hard to see a damn thing on the Vita's screen causing me to miss important items in the dungeon. But that doesn't change the fact that this game has an OLD SCHOOL design going for it. Xseed once described these games as "wonderfully obtuse" and they're right: for every clue the game gives you that makes things seem too obvious there are other things where you're left scratching your head going WTF are you serious?

Basically, these older games are enjoyable, short (each game is about 6-8 hours long), and can be equal parts frustrating and charming. I really recommend that if you're even curious about the older Ys games that you play them first because once you've played those great games there isn't any coming back.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Nah its not sad...

you dont seem to understand whats sad about it :p

JaseC

Ah, the name in sub page is the one corresponding to the subs at steamdb. Ok, that clears things up. Thanks.

Yeah. I just responded to your PM with examples.

Also, why did you make that thread at imdb :p

Shh, not so loud. :p

Edit: Someone messaged me on Steam about Deponia Complete, but I didn't respond and my PC restarted, so I've no idea who it was. If you're reading this, message me again (or just PM me on GAF) and I'll sort you out.

L.O.R.D

You probably won't get boosters for most of those games.

I didn't get boosters for most of my games, probably because they are old and nobody crafts badges for them anymore.

so , the best way to get booster cards is to craft a badge as soon the game launch ?

Tellaerin

Nah its not sad...

It's one of the all-time great PC games. That we should be losing our shit because the sequel is actually coming to PC, which ought to be a given, is pretty pathetic. Sign of the times, though.

Why's Nic Cage's hair made of french fries in that pic?

BreakyBoy

o_O @_@ O_o
Less than an hour left, get your entries in. I don't wanna see that Bioshock languishing around guys. I'm counting on you to take out my trash!

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 23 Steam keys & 5 Origin keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Steam Keys
Alan Wake Collector's Edition -- MB-CFB1C6925D94291F - Taken by jmizzal
Alan Wake's American Nightmare -- MB-5CB34EC289765F21
Antichamber -- MB-1EFC5EEAA9167856
Bastion -- MB-AA365259A4B2D95A
BioShock -- MB-EACF69E7113A60A1 - Taken by Joonytoon
BioShock 2 -- MB-4C924DC85C437895 - Taken by 2n2
Broken Sword: Director's Cut -- MB-107505D75088D84F - Taken by jon bones
Faerie Solitaire -- MB-C9405686914A1482
Gemini Rue -- MB-77D5435475513F1D

Greed Corp -- MB-E3209F6466ED170B - Taken by Coldsun - Taken by Jawmuncher
Hero Academy -- MB-B98F3EE35D2F3B70
Indie Game: The Movie -- MB-89A21C5BF84BA27C
Little Inferno -- MB-222C65B562B6BABE
Mark of the Ninja -- MB-2B76B7CBCB4A1739
Mafia II -- MB-67948B001E5B8BDD - Taken by Berlok
Nightsky -- MB-14044FA85F81D279
Organ Trail: Director's Cut -- MB-8DBE0A07FAC8DE2C
Really Big Sky -- MB-DD926B74B96EAD69
Solar 2 -- MB-24A23EB66A0094D1
Spec Ops: The Line -- MB-9943E3185B02B6BB - Taken by X05
Superbrothers: Sword & Sorcery EP -- MB-3671CF0D40CA4447 - Taken by Hugstable
The Bard's Tale -- MB-906B8BDB87C0F7AC - Taken by electroflame
Trine 2: Complete Story -- MB-214A608F00F209B2 - Taken by Kaper

Origin Keys
vRvbDCu.png
Burnout Paradise: The Ultimate Box (Origin) -- MB-A68B3924653AFEF1
vRvbDCu.png
Crysis 2: Maximum Edition (Origin) -- MB-5F35CC6FAE72BD98
vRvbDCu.png
Dead Space (Origin) -- MB-A8472DF68B38F393 - Taken by shira
vRvbDCu.png
Medal of Honor (Origin) -- MB-BB85C71D75038251 - Taken by lindarasta
vRvbDCu.png
Mirror's Edge (Origin) -- MB-B73563C5821047C3 - Taken by anastef

t1404936570z1.png

Dambrosi

Banned
so , the best way to get booster cards is to craft a badge as soon the game launch ?
Well, I got a LOVE booster pack yesterday and I've never played the game, nor do I have the badge for it.

I traded it for Bioshock 2. And a Pixel Piracy -25% off coupon. A good trade, I think.

JaseC

Literally the only good film Niccol has made since his debut (Gattaca). I'd laugh if it weren't so depressing -- I was hoping that The Host's sci-fi underpinnings would see him get his groove back, sort of like Scott returning to sci-fi with Prometheus (script aside because LOL SPACE JESUS), but oh boy did he phone it in hard. To be fair, though, I'm sure having Stephenie Meyer in his hair every step of the way didn't help.

Rhaknar

Yes, its sad that a remake of a game from the 90s makes people more excited than games from 2014.

But its justified man

no. the sad part is rejoicing that a PC game is getting a PC port when it gets remade

Chariot

Literally the only good film Niccol has made since his debut (Gattaca). I'd laugh if it weren't so depressing -- I was hoping that The Host's sci-fi underpinnings would see him get his groove back, sort of like Scott returning to sci-fi with Prometheus (script aside because LOL SPACE JESUS), but oh boy did he phone it in hard.
What, he was in Gattaca? Never noticed him. Was he some background extra?

JaseC

What, he was in Gattaca? Never noticed him. Was he some background extra?

I'm talking about Andrew Niccol, the director, not Nicholas Cage, haha.

Edit:
You're avi is cute but she looks so young and innocent there. I get bad feelings >_>

Well, it (as in the photo, not he avatar itself) is a few years old (TIFF 2011).

Also, Panda's avi is so not flattering to Saoirse, how can you not align your disciple?

Haha, even if I did hate it, I'm hardly in the position to demand he change it. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom